Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Neville

Quote:
Yes, Jack

Thank you Jill
Old 08-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Thank you Jill

You're welcome!
Old 08-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you Jill

You're welcome!

Jill

P.S. As a therapist once told me, "Just be happy! ;)" Why didn't I think of that?
Old 08-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Ah Neville, that just shows how loving you really are. Unfortunately we can't keep our loved ones from ever being hurt. What I do know is the people I have loved who have passed have come to me in dreams and I feel quite comforted by it. I am sure you can do the same if need be. But also keep in mind that we never really truly disappear. I think on one level coming to this place makes life feel very limited, once it is over we don't totally trust it really isn't completely over so death feels very final and heart breaking. But those people who may feel like they will never see you again will see you again. Trust in that knowledge and let go of any guilt you can't control over the loss your loved ones will have to endure with your passing. It is after all only temporary and a part of the lesson of being human. How do I know this, after trying my darnedest to not exist I have been told in not uncertain terms that it can't happen. So you and your loved ones will reunite and celebrate all you have been through this life around plotting out your next life together.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:32 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Well , The evidence suggests that the realm of love and light is quiet blissful and without a care.

Further upon re incarnating there's that infernal hard drive reformatting.

I should state at this point that I have no plans currently to be off and away, but do realize that I have cultivated in this life strong bonds of love, It would be a terrible shame to relinquish those bonds of love upon transition from material to ethereal. Yes I have told some folk that I will always love them, but how can I guarantee that when a bond has between it the veil that hangs between corporeal and non corporeal.

I only ask because in this life there are those who I never wish to stop loving and it pains me to think that may have to in order for creation to continue it's recycling.

Of course not!

They who have gone before us are still here--all around us.

When it is time for us to go--we will be here--for those who must stay awhile longer.

Although--I believe they may have a bit of trouble discerning where we are when they choose to visit. My best friend and the GodFather of my Children--use to come and visit (quite frequently). My Gift seems to be strongest when I am working with the Element of Water (for instance--most of my visions occur when I am washing the dishes ).

Well--his visits were a bit disconcerting (for a time) because he had a tendency to visit--while I was taking my early morning shower.

My Son has asked me to remember that bathroom time...is private time!!! LOL
Old 08-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Master

Oh yes LadyTerra - I remember dad rocking up in the bathroom when I was showering. I got out prompto.

He has an affinity with a certain chair in my flat, and also sat in that very chair for a while when he had just passed.

the sad thing was - he wanted my forgiveness and hung around for a while after he had gone with me in a big way. That broke my heart, I was lucky to have a medium who interpreted his presence but how very very sad. You see, dad had wanted me to be a boy and he never quite dealt with the fact I am a girl and hence I had been treated not right, and he hadn't protected me. There are many many layers of complexity behind that statement and I had forgiven him long before he passed as the disappointment he had was immense, it was on the physical as well as the spiritual level.

It was tragic to think that dad's first days in the Summerlands were about wanting to make amends with me - as in the Summerlands he understood everything. I had already had the information (or some of the information) revealed to me. And had indeed forgiven my dad based on that information.

So, I guess one thing we do before we pass is make sure that we have done what we can to have our house in order, to search our hearts and minds - to keep our conscience clear so we could go easily - or as easily as we can to the next world - and be in a stronger adn better position to be a source of unconditional love for our loved ones.

Sure, we can only do our best. I'm not talking about every "i" being dotted in life but a general overview - which is what I think the spirit world looks at.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:46 PM
LadyTerra

I understand and I believe that your Dad knows that you have forgiven him.

I had a rough time with my Grandmother and had to part company with her (in life)--but we had a long talk--once she had passed and I let her know that I had forgiven her and told her she needed to move-on and take care of her business and we would try (again) next time.

She went away (crying) it was heartbreaking--but I am a firm believer that we come here to effect change and can only do so--while in corporeal form.

We will meet with our Soul Circle--again and again--until we work it out.

I hope she and I will do much better (next time).
Old 09-02-2014, 02:53 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Well , Further upon re incarnating there's that infernal hard drive reformatting.
Yeah, that reformatting part worries me sometimes too.

Quote:
I should state at this point that I have no plans currently to be off and away,
I`m glad for that, Neville!
Quote:
I only ask because in this life there are those who I never wish to stop loving and it pains me to think that may have to in order for creation to continue it's recycling
Neville, I wish I could make a zillion references from literature or science journals to bolster my standpoint on this. But I can't - don't know of many. But I do know, on a deeper level, that we don't have to forget those we left behind. All these beautiful stories about soul mates and twin flames, and whatever else these closer-than-close connections are called - those bonds survive physical death. My sense is that when we do our spiritual work, like so many of us can testify to doing here on SF, we open up the spirit "mind", and not the brain (which is merely physical matter, which is the hard drive that contains bytes of lived experiences; that knows "My name is Soozee, I have a pink bicycle, my best friend lives two doors down") But the spirit "knowing" is linked, I think, to the Akashic records - where all our soul experiences are documented. And isn't a deep abiding love a soul experience?

And when we do this important spiritual growth work, we can tap into those records, and voila - we remember who we have loved in the previous decade, century, millennium, and so on.

And least that's my take on it -- and I'm stickin' to it, sistah!
Old 09-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Deactivated Account
I had a brief dream sequence that stood out last night which I believe was in direct response to this thread: I was running down a sandy beach and when I tired, I sat on the beach and looked out over the ocean. I then noticed my father was standing waist-deep in front of me (in the spirit world as symbolized by the ocean), he had been running in the water ("still training and working on improvement") and had stopped to rest. When he noticed me looking at him, he smiled and waved (I want to believe this means he is still aware of my thoughts and love for him...communication lines are still open). He looked as athletic and strong as he did when I was little (and not as sick as he was the last five years of his life -- at first 60 pounds plus bloated with extra fluid and then emaciated).
Old 09-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
I understand and I believe that your Dad knows that you have forgiven him.

I had a rough time with my Grandmother and had to part company with her (in life)--but we had a long talk--once she had passed and I let her know that I had forgiven her and told her she needed to move-on and take care of her business and we would try (again) next time.

She went away (crying) it was heartbreaking--but I am a firm believer that we come here to effect change and can only do so--while in corporeal form.

We will meet with our Soul Circle--again and again--until we work it out.

I hope she and I will do much better (next time).

Interesting post LadyTerra. What is interesting regarding my father's situation, I had already forgiven him before he passed. It's an awful scenario but he was expecting me to be a boy, as he had known me as his son in a previous life and didn't recognise the female incarnation. When I heard that I thought "the poor man" and - there was nothing to forgive, I saw him as much wronged as having wronged me. Although I had technically done nothing to wrong him, he was as much a victim.

But - back to this thread. What was interesting, was he didn't realise that he wasn't forgiven. Now, maybe he needed to connect his remorse with me - from my standing there was no need. But, it was *his* need.

I'm not sure quite what that was about but in the spirit world, there doesn't seem to be perfect knowledge - at least not in the initial phases of being in the Summerlands.

Separately on dad, he has given me via a medium a message to pass on to my mother. Now, I'm not clear whether that was dad or not but it is something he would never have asked me to do in the real world, nor - knowing my mother - would she have received the message. Should he know me in absolute perfection he would a) not visit me in the shower but respect my privacy and b) not ask me to pass on such cryptic messages for someone of hard hearing and hard heart where there is a poor relationship.

Then there is the sadness in your story Ladyterra with your gran, where even in the afterlife - the best that could be done was to walk away.

All in all, I'm sensing a need for caution when approaching those in the Summerland that there they are and bingo - it's easy-peasy.