Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 03-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Experiencer

I didn't think you had a choice in the matter, you have two guides for the entirety of the lifetime, male and female.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator
Did you know since you have been born these guide(s) Have been there for you. Maybe prevented you from shady situations to the dreams you have a night. They watched you while you cried to when you stubbed your toe.

They have been there in every instance of your life. through the good the bad and the ugly.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Enya

Try thinking friend or mentor rather than guide, as that word implies you need a hand to cross the road, lol. Your spirit friends will be there with you all through your life whether you're aware of them or not. If you don't want to interact, then that's okay. There is free choice, after all.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Master

You yourself, and aspects which appear as others but are your reflections, just as anyone else are your guides.
It's humbling to learn that you're a reflection of others, and can choose what reflection you desire to manifest, but that all are also mirrors of you and thus by hearing them you learn more of yourself.
This thread though... it's like we are asking for everyone that teaches us to disappear. The only way for us to lose all our guides is to sit there and go within ourselves for all the answers, and look to no one else. There's a reason humans are social creatures, and even why we're here. It would take endless time to come to all the conclusions the universe has in store for us without experience to help teach us, nor a voice to be there to guide us to our lessons..

... I am a guide. We are all guides. I am a practiced guide for a six year old, a permanent guide of hers. However, my every move and experience is in being a reflection of others while learning myself better, thus a temporary guide for all others I encounter whether they take the lesson or not, or whether they receive the lesson correctly is another thing, and we're not always conscious either, of us teaching a lesson. That's the idea of mirrors, and the law of attraction. We're all temporary guides for some, momentary guides for others, long term guides for a few, and permanent guides for even fewer...
Guides are a term for the voices in our heads which we can choose to listen to, and choose to hear, but they're also the term for everyone and everything that surrounds us. One can learn an immeasurable amount from any one source, themselves included, but those sources at that point are our guides. And yes, we too, are our own guides. We attract our other guides as well, along with all experience we have. But that can sound hurtful, and people take those words personally, oftentimes. We can choose what to appear, and we can affect how it comes about, but we can't know the facts, or else many times we would turn and run and hide away from any thoughts at all, only to find the ones we do have only manifest so much more powerfully, because our focus lies no where else.. that can be a lesson to think more, or to think more carefully, to be mindful of where our focus lies.

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 04-03-2013, 12:48 AM
Leonine

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsmart
I just don't see the point. I mean I manage fine guiding myself. I guide myself all the time. How do I get rid of potential guides?

Well of course you don't have to have a Guide. The choice is completely your own.

Nowadays, "spiritual thinking" often verges on olden day religious beliefs - to the point that it often persuades people to think that because they are only human they are some sort of Lesser Being who need the intercession of Higher Beings if their god is to hear them at all. This is akin to the olden day religious thinking that you needed a priest/guide/angel/saint to mediate for you and bring your "request" to God's attention, petitioning diligently on your behalf - somehow helping you to jump the queue and get his attention, because you are too small and unworthy; or so far away "he" can't hear you.

In many areas, people nowadays "adore" and revere angels, guides and spirits of all types over and above The Source.

BUT no creature in existence is "above" you! You are a child of Source. Source runs throughout you - and, perhaps, you feel that more than most. You don't "need" a guide. Ultimately, they are no more than spirit, like yourself, and very often are not able to help or "do" anything because they don't know any more than you do. Nor are they nearer to or more important to The Source. Nor do they have any ability to really "work" in the density of this realm (try asking one to pass you the spanner when you're working on the car!)

Spirit is in you, and you know it and trust it. Spirit is of and in Source; and it is Source you listen to through youself.

Way To Go, I'd say. Learning direct. Why talk to "the monkey" when "The Grinder" is coming through loud and clear?

Trust Yourself is always the entire message of it all, ultimately, if only because Yourself is in and of Source. When you truly trust yourself and truly trust Source, you no longer need "middlemen". Which, I think, is much the point of most if not all of the whole thing.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Other people can be our guides, as much as the spirits can be our guides. At the end of the day, whomever we listen to, we make the choices. You don't have to do anything that anyone might suggest.
I agree.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:52 AM
Envolucris

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsmart
I just don't see the point. I mean I manage fine guiding myself. I guide myself all the time. How do I get rid of potential guides?

Good news! According to my experience and a battery of mounting evidence, your guide is you. Or specifically, your connection to your more primal, base subconscious, and the intuitive knowledge held within.

But it's apparently easier, or more comforting, for people to conceptualize their innermost processes as dissociated entities. I feel like a more effective approach would be to realize one's wholeness, and their indelible interconnectedness.

I have a feeling my opinion will be in the minority though. In any case, if you feel like conjuring your inner guide is a fruitless endeavor: don't. Simple and effective!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:05 AM
Master
I agree with you Envolucris, and I like being the minority, there's more chance of what I feel being truth, where the majority is usually wrong, or at least less chance of being truth.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:23 PM
LillyMoon

spirit guides are there to guide us a fulfill our lifes purpose. we dont have a choice. they will guide us on our spiritual journey.
Old 14-03-2013, 10:20 PM
LotusRise

The Original message kind of makes me chuckle. I'm not laughing AT the "OP" but... why would someone feel the need to "get rid of".....

Anyway. You don't have to, because your spirit guides/angels will never intrude on your free will.

You could turn your back on God himself if you wanted to. Madelyn Murray O'Hare did. But God never left her... :)