Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 20-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Lulu

Quote:
Is it an unhappy ending? I suppose you can't say.

It's both (happy/unhappy). Maybe I just need some time to take it all in lol. But the trilogy really does come around full circle... I don't think it could have ended any other way.

Everyone was great in the movie... but I must say that Michael Caine was absolutely brilliant... a phenomenal performance. The heart and soul of the trilogy.

And I have to eat my words... I didn't think that Anne Hathaway would work very well as Catwoman... I was so wrong! She was fantastic. Her Catwoman fit perfectly into Nolan's Batman Universe.
Old 20-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu
And I have to eat my words... I didn't think that Anne Hathaway would work very well as Catwoman... I was so wrong! She was fantastic. Her Catwoman fit perfectly into Nolan's Batman Universe.

I'm glad to hear that. I heard there was some discontent when she was chosen with people prefering Kate Beckinsale for example. So I am glad she is good in the film.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 20-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Lulu

Sometimes it's difficult not to typecast... a lot of people (myself included) just couldn't picture Anne in such a physical role. Someone like Kate, well, we've all seen her pull off a physical role quite well. I love her. But yes, Anne blew me away. Good on her! She was very commanding onscreen.

I actually think I might go and see it again, but not for a while... let the dust settle a little lol. There's always a lot of emotion/excitement when seeing such an anticipated movie opening night... sometimes it's a tad overwhelming and that can take a bit of your attention away from the actual story. Hard not to get caught up in the moment, you know? People were crying throughout the movie... men, women, young, old... especially at the end. In my theatre, there was a standing ovation that lasted until the credits were over and the lights came on. It was wild.
Old 20-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Henri77

I'd just shared this youtube video in another thread about dealing with difficult people. Without being pulled into their drama.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBA_22gatyU

It actually begins, discussing mass shootings, and the influence of violent video games..before he discusses the thread topic

This has has long disturbed me,,, the casual violence kids are exposed to in arcades- video games.

I just now (here) learned of the Denver tragedy..... unbelievable and apparently unexplainable behavior for a very studious young man.
Writing at the coffee shop, and I feel totally stunned at this astonishing stupidity-loss.

It's off topic, but I cannot think about movies just now...

Old 20-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Neville

I have seen the film this evening and I liked it very much, A more constructive review without spoilers would be problematic for me however regarding the ending, Enigmatic seems a good description.. Yet i do believe if Christopher Nolan has made this his final Batman Movie, He certainly has left a good few strands to be picked up on . Which brings me nicely on to franchises.

The First Four Batman Movies , The Adam West films accepted. Keaton, Kilmer and Clooney saw the End of that batch of Batman Movies..because the Franchise was thought to have run it's course presumably, the same can be said of the Spiderman movies and the Superman Movies... Yet here we are in 2012 and we see Christopher Nolan (again) releasing Man of Steel later this year as the next incarnation of the Superman Franchise while already we have seen the return of the "Amazing Spiderman".

So if I was a betting man , and I am not , I would say that we most certainly have not seen the last of the Batman...and all the better for it , I say.

I don't think I am spoiling anything now by saying that Anne Hathaway executed her role very well .
Old 20-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Lulu

Quote:
So if I was a betting man , and I am not , I would say that we most certainly have not seen the last of the Batman...and all the better for it , I say.

I so want to respond to this, but I can't without spoiling lol.

Did your theatre give it a standing ovation?
Old 30-07-2012, 09:18 PM
n2mec

For me, saw the movie and it reminded me of Joseph Campbell and the hero in all of us. Seems extreme graphic are require these days to manifest a hero that's already there.
Old 29-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Mountain-Goat

Batman Begins is one of my all time favs.

Apart from the scenes with The Joker in it, i don't like the second installment, and will most likely give the last installment a big miss.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:07 PM
GrungeLuv2014

The Dark Knight Trilogy is One of My All Time Favorites, Next to the Matrix Films Series.