Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 14-06-2016, 04:20 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents
I have on more than one occasion tried to force attraction to someone I wasn't attracted too out of fear that I was being shallow. Come to find that more often than not we were just not compatible as a couple. So... don't discredit the value of attraction. It may infact run more than skin deep even if it doesn't seem that way.

Although, the terminology you use does infact make you sound vain.

Completely agree.
Old 14-06-2016, 06:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyan28
Apart from the body I think it is more important their scent (smelly smell that smells )

I'm talking about the natural scent of all the body in general (this includes the saliva while kissing)

Sometimes you can meet a fabulous guy with a God's body and beautiful face and excellent career and good sense of humor and good taste and "fashionista" and with the best mother in law included (lol), but then if you are not attracted to his natural scent, then it won't work at all.

It is not about vanity, it's about attraction, and the attraction happens in many levels: physical - emotional - intellectual - spiritual

If one of those levels from your partner is repulsive for you, then it won't work.
Lucyan hello!

First of all...the physical is the least important of the 4 you mention...though I agree you cannot be repulsed and proceed. For women, however, indifference of attraction can turn based on time spent getting to know and love the other as a person, friend and soul.

Myself, I highly doubt I would give a gent like that a 2nd look unless he had the soul of an angel, was sensitive and kind, not at all self-absorbed or cocky, and lacked all guile and arrogance. Self-absorption and arrogance is such a huge turnoff.

BUT...in the main you are so right -- most of the attraction is soul-to-soul.

And there is no denying the importance of scent.
Clean and natural.
Scent is somehow interwoven with the soul ...and that's why it matters!

And so please gents...and ladies too IMO...nothing but soap and preferably the most mild and woodsy or herbal soaps (and deodorants). These fade and do not mask the smell of your own skin.

Ye gads...bin all the other scented rubbish...
BTW...I have had many ppl tell me I smell really good...and I use nothing except natural soaps & shampoos and a lavender or tea tree deodorant. Nothing else except some natural salves or (ugh) sunscreen -- much as I hate it.

So what smells divine? Your own clean, natural skin is what smells good...preferably uncontaminated with too many lotions, articificial hormones, or other chemical substances or medications.

[steps off soapbox]

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 15-06-2016, 03:34 AM
Master
It isn't vain to be attracted to a type. Everybody has a type. For me, I could overlook plenty of imperfections but they still had to be attractive in some way. Initial attraction is often based on physical appearance but you scratch the surface and if you don't like them, they won't appear attractive...If you love someone or like them a lot then they will appear attractive to you, unless they are hideous looking in which case that can't be overlooked.

You are young so attraction is more superficial at that age but everybody has standards.
Old 15-06-2016, 02:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Lucyan hello!

First of all...the physical is the least important of the 4 you mention...though I agree you cannot be repulsed and proceed. For women, however, indifference of attraction can turn based on time spent getting to know and love the other as a person, friend and soul.

Myself, I highly doubt I would give a gent like that a 2nd look unless he had the soul of an angel, was sensitive and kind, not at all self-absorbed or cocky, and lacked all guile and arrogance. Self-absorption and arrogance is such a huge turnoff.

BUT...in the main you are so right -- most of the attraction is soul-to-soul.

And there is no denying the importance of scent.
Clean and natural.
Scent is somehow interwoven with the soul ...and that's why it matters!

And so please gents...and ladies too IMO...nothing but soap and preferably the most mild and woodsy or herbal soaps (and deodorants). These fade and do not mask the smell of your own skin.

Ye gads...bin all the other scented rubbish...
BTW...I have had many ppl tell me I smell really good...and I use nothing except natural soaps & shampoos and a lavender or tea tree deodorant. Nothing else except some natural salves or (ugh) sunscreen -- much as I hate it.

So what smells divine? Your own clean, natural skin is what smells good...preferably uncontaminated with too many lotions, articificial hormones, or other chemical substances or medications.

[steps off soapbox]

Peace & blessings
7L

Hi dear 7luminaries =)

Indeed the most important connection is the spirit , but...

(of course there is but) the body is important too, I'm not saying that the person should have a perfect Greek God body, but there must be certain things that you actually like about the person's body, otherwise no matter how great the spirit is, if the body does not turn you on, then it cannot be any kind of romantic connection, there could be friendship that is all that it can be.

I know I might be a bit vein, but I'm ok with it =)

The scent of your partner is one of the most beautiful smells in the world, probably in the scent there is a mix of body-soul-emotions-mind-spirit maybe that's why it is so wonderful.

Blessings !