Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 12-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Master
ahhh but Gem.... Your image of my image is not actually mine. I don't have students but simply share from my experience in my own way.

Isn't what you say in your posts pointing toward something beyond the mind that each one may experience for themselves? This is also why I speak of it... no more, no less.

Xan

Old 12-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
ahhh but Gem.... Your image of my image is not actually mine. I don't have students but simply share from my experience in my own way.

Isn't what you say in your posts pointing toward something beyond the mind that each one may experience for themselves? This is also why I speak of it... no more, no less.

Xan

I haven't got anything to say except what I think, so I couldn't tell people what they are, and could only suggest each of us sees for himself and certainly not believe the gurus and self procaimed teachers...and I think, from what you've said, that you proclaim yourself teacher.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:56 PM
arive nan

I wasn't able to find much for myself before someone gave me an idea of where and how to look. It is still useful to me to learn about more places and ways to look within myself that I probably wouldn't have come up with on my own. I still have to do the looking and see it for myself, of course. But there are some useful things people can teach me along the way.
Old 13-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by arive nan
I wasn't able to find much for myself before someone gave me an idea of where and how to look. It is still useful to me to learn about more places and ways to look within myself that I probably wouldn't have come up with on my own. I still have to do the looking and see it for myself, of course. But there are some useful things people can teach me along the way.

Yeah I learn things from people, but I find impossible to communicate unless we are just two people talking... and here at SF there are many who adopt the airs of teachers. Of course it will be said I'm inventing it but I have a subtle sence of people's sentiments.

In my life I learned to be wary of these Truth bringers, they'll lead ya up the garden path. We say what we think and recount our own experiences, and perhaps muse a little, but there is no comparitive status, each is as he is... and we just wish love and happiness to all things...
Old 13-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by arive nan

This is my experience also, arive nan. We get pointers for where to look and how to let go from many places and people. Some of these are recognized teachers and some are... well, anyone and anything... maybe even your cat.

If someone has a bad experience with 'teachers' it can color their view and expectations. Yet this also can be released.

Xan

Old 14-10-2010, 05:43 AM
mahakali

I think a lot of it is just typing styles, sometimes i come across as a know it all, well i kind of am but I always try to learn something new from everyone and everything, its kind of my motto. there is not anything that is only 1 way, with 1 truth to it, no matter how practiced you are. believing that is the fastest way to stop your growth, and become disillusioned.sometimes it is hard to realize that you are doing this. but at the same time turning the other cheek is a great practice as well
Old 16-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
I think a lot of it is just typing styles, sometimes i come across as a know it all, well i kind of am but I always try to learn something new from everyone and everything, its kind of my motto. there is not anything that is only 1 way, with 1 truth to it, no matter how practiced you are. believing that is the fastest way to stop your growth, and become disillusioned.sometimes it is hard to realize that you are doing this. but at the same time turning the other cheek is a great practice as well

For me, I'm not really a type, and I have many facets.

In life there is times to turn another cheek and times when you'll get no second chance, so I agree there is no lesson that is Truth. It's strange, but people will try to place themselves somewhere and need to place others around them to justify that placement, I sometimes get the feeling I am being placed in comparison in this way, but this is about the relative, so self definition requires the relative comparison.

I feel it is best not to compare myself to others or allow myself to placed as student, teacher or other thing, as this would lead to a false self definition. I have a self relationship with myself. I'm one and I'm duality... so could only agree whole heartedly there is no 1 way with 1 truth. Quite the contrary.
Old 16-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

I feel it is best not to compare myself to others or allow myself to placed as student, teacher or other thing, as this would lead to a false self definition. I have a self relationship with myself. I'm one and I'm duality... so could only agree whole heartedly there is no 1 way with 1 truth. Quite the contrary.

This says a lot a lot a lot to me.

You hold yourself apart and separate from those you think (maybe correctly, maybe not so) see themselves as teachers. You dont want to see yourself as a student or a teacher, and this is resistance. It means you see yourself, and falsely define yourself, as 'not a student and not a teacher'. Because you see me and Xan as people who see themselves as teachers you hold yourself apart from us and see us as some kind of threat (because if we do see ourselves as teachers then it means we are trying to put you in student position which you dont want to see yourself as).

Maybe there is something in what you say about me and Xan. Maybe not. But if you were at peace then this potential issue that we have would be irrelevent to you, of no concern at all. And you wouldnt get irritable with us, you would have compassion for us because you would see that actually, if we are trying to be spritual teachers then it means that on some level we are scared.

Xan, hope I havent offended you there, that wasnt the intent.
Old 16-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Master
Here is anothers view in regards to the context of post #28 for anyone interested.
I truly hope that those who visit this site and read what reads as truth above in post #28, do not assume for one minute that there is some peace to achieve that excludes emotions such as becoming irritated. I have been peacefully irritated and so has Jesus and so is Gem in these posts.
My wish is that you read such teachings and see them as the beliefs of the one teaching them. Nothing else.
Teaching suggests that ones beliefs are right for another and when noticed by me and obviously Gem, they cause a reaction. Teaching violates the flow of life and that is noticable within.
To assume that this noticing is irritation is an attempt to teach ones beliefs on top of ones beliefs.
Please find out for yourself. These are my views only. Thank you....James

P.S. I wonder should this "peace" exclude the 'compassion' mentioned above as well.

Last edited by BlueSky : 16-10-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 16-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Master
To me, peaceful irritation is a contradiction in terms. I think as Lisa might have said, oil and water dont mix. If Im irritable Im irritable, I dont dress it up.

Last edited by andrew g : 16-10-2010 at 04:46 PM.