Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-11-2023, 10:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
True. Imagining someone exists does not make them real.

Some say it does, but then we could put that to the test: Imagine the tooth fairy as hard as you can and behold, tooth fairy materializes before you. Wouldn't that be something?! Now there she is, with magic sparkles around her, pointing at you with a little wand, calling your teeth.

Hmm I think not.
Old 04-11-2023, 12:37 PM
Master

Honza. When you stated that Sai Baba said….”I am God”. That was only half of the statement he made. He said, “I am God and so are you, but the only difference between us is that I know it and you don’t”.
Old 04-11-2023, 01:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Some say it does, but then we could put that to the test: Imagine the tooth fairy as hard as you can and behold, tooth fairy materializes before you. Wouldn't that be something?! Now there she is, with magic sparkles around her, pointing at you with a little wand, calling your teeth.

Hmm I think not.

yeah if you think about it as a transaction in terms of what you immediately get out of what you are currently thinking, most of us would very much have a problem with that at this time. Although I personally wouldn't think it impossible for such a thing to happen to someone, somewhere...

at the same time I like to believe I have more imagination than to think what was said MUSST INEQUOVCALBY MEAN that a thought immediately becomes the reality the thinker intended and use that idea about what happens to most people as a reason to pooh-pooh tge whole concept...
Old 04-11-2023, 02:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
What has meaning and importance to some obviously doesn't to you.
You have to comprehend what I really said, because "... give undue importance to the discursive construct because their own self-image is entwined with the story that is essential to our own position within the overall cultural paradigm" is quite specific, and in itself, is only meaningful within the overall context of the rest of what my post said. You have to get the gist of the whole thing to understand any part of it. You can't take a snippet out of context and treat it as a generalisation.
Old 04-11-2023, 04:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Honza. When you stated that Sai Baba said….”I am God”. That was only half of the statement he made. He said, “I am God and so are you, but the only difference between us is that I know it and you don’t”.
Sai Baba did say that. It is true. But he also called himself the highest love in existence and said that nothing happens without his will. There are dozens of books with his teachings and discussions. He spoke a LOT.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 04-11-2023, 05:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Sai Baba did say that. It is true. But he also called himself the highest love in existence and said that nothing happens without his will. There are dozens of books with his teachings and discussions. He spoke a LOT.
I personally know nothing about SB but wondered who was He speaking to when He made that statement "I am God and so are you, but the only difference between us is that I know it and you don’t”, do you know please Honza ?
Old 04-11-2023, 06:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
If it works like that then the Tooth Fairy also exists.
But if you had no teeth you wouldn't need a Tooth Fairy
Old 04-11-2023, 07:02 PM
Experiencer
god is what ever you believe it or what ever to be and just a label

god could mean so meany things to different people even in this post you can see it

if you use god as at label to take your power away like blaming things on god, the karma affect, extra
'you are god' you now have your power back to change things, forgive, change a belief, extra
is this the truth well this is up to you for you create your own truths and can change them in a moment
Old 04-11-2023, 08:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Maybe God exists for those who need it and does not for those who don’t need it.
Just a thought tho.
I personally like what Meister Eckhart said He believed "that virtually all human concepts of God tell us more about ourselves than about God.".....
Old 05-11-2023, 01:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
I personally like what Meister Eckhart said He believed "that virtually all human concepts of God tell us more about ourselves than about God.".....
that is pretty much happens to anyone who assumes they know what god must be like, instead of trying to emulate him to see what he actually IS like.

which is the vast majority of people who discuss god IMO...