Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 25-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Master
Sacred Circle is very much mythology-heavy and the readings I get have a mystic flavour but that may just be me. The imagery is superb and covers ALL the British Isles. My deck came with an A5 book with a mass of detail concerning the cards and the background legends.
My favourite even tho I have difficulty in specific questions with it.
Old 25-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Docha

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Sacred Circle is very much mythology-heavy and the readings I get have a mystic flavour but that may just be me. The imagery is superb and covers ALL the British Isles. My deck came with an A5 book with a mass of detail concerning the cards and the background legends.
My favourite even tho I have difficulty in specific questions with it.

That sounds like a must have to me. Lol

I am curious now..think its my new collection of choice. I do think its the best platform for fantasy art which is my favorite type of art besides landscapes. :)

Tarot the interactive art collection!
Old 26-08-2011, 03:47 AM
Trieah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docha
To me no deck is worth tossing aside. Some just take a bit to understand.

That's how I feel about my decks too. It kind of boggles my mind when I hear about people getting rid of decks that don't resonate with them right away. The way I see it, it's just like having to learn how to ride a bike all over again. Only problem is, I don't get any where near as much practice as I need, to be able to get better with them. I can only read for myself so much before it starts losing all meaning.
Old 26-08-2011, 04:50 AM
Docha

I can see gifting a deck that I rarely use to someone who truly enjoys them. But I have issues getting rid of them yes. I still have my first deck from when I was 14..lol I missplaced it a lot in moves etc. Rarely use it now. Just can't part with it.

Just gonna say, I would gladly take cast offs! Lol

Its good to see I'm not alone.
Old 26-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Trieah

LOL! I think the pack rat part of me would feel like I was giving up one of my fingers, if I gifted any of my cards away.
Old 26-08-2011, 05:37 AM
Docha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trieah
LOL! I think the pack rat part of me would feel like I was giving up one of my fingers, if I gifted any of my cards away.

I thought I was just frugal!

Its rare when I have the money to splurge on a new deck. So I hold them tight!

I am a pack rat too, need to change that, as I need more room for my decks I'm collecting..hehe
Old 26-08-2011, 06:45 AM
green

this is the problem with collecting, you allways need more room and you never part from anything :) i know the feeling too well.

Trieah to practice your cards you can offer readings here on site this way you will be able to read to other people then yourself - just an idea.

G
Old 26-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Trieah

Woohoo!!! My world just got a little less lonely after finding other people just as quirky about collecting things as I am. JOY!!

I did try offering readings on the readings forum a while back. It was going great at first, but a little overwhelming with the amount of responses I got. Then I lost my computer service for over two weeks and when I finally got it back, I just couldn't get back into tackling that long list. It got to be so draining that I felt so dried up inside, and nothing was coming to me at all. If I do something like that again, I'll only be able to handle around 2 to 4, before needing a break to recharge myself again.
Old 26-08-2011, 02:13 PM
green

trieah you can say you are offering 3 readings and that is that.

G
Old 26-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Docha

I've done a few on here, a couple requests and an offer. For me its hard cuz it takes forever to text out on the phone! Lol

I make it clear I can't just pound out reads and often if someone asks a question that is a this or that I will be like you don't need a read for that! But will walk them through different perspectives without the cards.

My reads go very much for inner work that needs to be done. Which makes it a less consumer demand. Most don't want to introspect...lol