Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Master
"Catholics have never accepted this awful histories."

Of course Catholics HAVE accepted the barbaric behaviour of other Catholics in the name of God, your statement is a little misguided.
Old 15-11-2015, 06:26 PM
Experiencer

I've never met an older German who has accepted the behavior of the Nazis even though most of them played a part in Nazi behavior.

I've never met a modern Catholic who has accepted the behavior of Catholics from centuries past.

Did you catch the difference between the two sentences?

No German today is a Nazi, yet many people today are Catholic. Unacceptable. They should all be brought before the world court for being supporters of crimes against humanity.

And Protestants are no different. They should be treated the same way as Nazis were treated unless they renounce their terrorist religions.
Old 15-11-2015, 06:32 PM
Experiencer
You need to get out more Engellstein. There are plenty of older Germans who accept Germany's Nazi past, and there are lots of modern Germans who are Nazis.

Come and attend an anti-Nazi rally in London or Cardiff, and you'll meet plenty of good Catholics and be spat at by quite a few young, German Nazis.
Old 15-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by engellstein
I've never met an older German who has accepted the behavior of the Nazis even though most of them played a part in Nazi behavior.

I've never met a modern Catholic who has accepted the behkavior of Catholics from centuries past.

Did you catch the difference between the two sentences?

No German today is a Nazi, yet many people today are Catholic. Unacceptable. They should all be brought before the world court for being supporters of crimes against humanity.

And Protestants are no different. They should be treated the same way as Nazis were treated unless they renounce their terrorist religions.

Ha ha ha, please explain how the Catholics can be brought to court for their barbaric behaviour during the inquisition/crusades.

I believe in the spirit surviving death, but not the body.
Old 15-11-2015, 06:55 PM
Experiencer
"Ha ha ha, please explain how the Catholics can be brought to court for their barbaric behaviour during the inquisition/crusades.

I believe in the spirit surviving death, but not the body."

Well, I want Henry VIII to be tried first (he was a cradle Catholic), because our local supermarket insists on playing 'Greensleeves' every time I shop there.
Old 15-11-2015, 07:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiBach
"Ha ha ha, please explain how the Catholics can be brought to court for their barbaric behaviour during the inquisition/crusades.

I believe in the spirit surviving death, but not the body."

Well, I want Henry VIII to be tried first (he was a cradle Catholic), because our local supermarket insists on playing 'Greensleeves' every time I shop there.

We could set up a " corpes court " but I doubt that the perpetrators would have much to say in their defence.
Old 15-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Hello All

Sky;
Quote:
Anyone who follows the teachings of Jesus is a Christian regardless of the name of what religion they follow.

It's the actions not the name thats important.

Amen to that....Yeshua is the key - not the church...Christ said He reveals His mysteries only to those who are ready to truly seek in earnest - and He told us this journey is an inward quest - and He specifically warned us against the "public worship of reiligion"....He speaks often of the Holy Spirit - of finding it WITHIN the Self - already there right now,just awaiting such an earnest seeker...Not to be found "outside" of the Self He said - Kingdom lays within,always did....

Follow Christ - from this inner journey,inner communion He speaks of - the actions become in accord with the new Self awareness so found - the change is geuine and authentic...This is "savation"..

Follow man,who tells you to ACT a certain way though,and you will miss the authentic communion He said....This is counterfeit....Compare Christ to church - He says wihtin You,is a Spirit of UNITY,that is the Source of Creation itself,we are a part of this Father always - know thy Self fully,here and now,reveal this within the Self...Become "born again" He said,in this new spirit and mind,and become One with the Father....Now - because the new mind,is a mind of UNITY with ALL creation,so the expression of that Mind,becomes quite naturally,an expression of Love,Compassion and empathy...The spirit we find within is the unifying spirt of the All,and in human terms,this is Love personified...

Compared to a church teachng - that says you are lowly,sin filled and corrupt,need "saving" from this condition and need THEM to intercede and act on your behalf...Only they can help they say,for only they have this Holy Ghost,access to the Divine...And worse yet - they ensure you must go to the church,because they say,if you fail to act,then upon death you go to "hell" to be punished forever more....

And remember here - this church had full control - what they said was fully accepted as the "way the world was" and nobody had any alternative but to accept or die....So - out of fear of this eternal punishment,the vast majority of church goers,flock to the religion,but it is false,forced,coerced.and as we see from the actions of even the church leaders,they simply do not always "practice what they preach" ...

Indeed,it is pretty well impossible to live up to the church criteria and to be "sin free"..Its exactly as if the "sin and salvation" doctrine so taught,is set up so that we must inevitably fail - and so this ensures still further,that we must then continue to follow church more closely,bow down more,beg and plead more give more authority of Self over to these others,as only they offer this hope of "salvation"...Round and round they lead us,and only they gain benefit...

As we see,there is a huge discrepancy between that which the church teaches as truth,and that which Christ taught as truth...The result and consequences are equally gilfs apart...I mean - the religion has poeple go to war all because someone else believes differently than they do - whereas Christ said all life was sacred,love even your emenies...The church will lead you where and how they want - and the bible adherant s fully under its control...Christ though,will reveal the Holy Ghost directly and personally,and this He said,is the only source of truth you will ever need...Found within us He said,and not out in a temple,not from the words of man,but from the Divine Silence within...

The chuch brings a change of character - but it is slow,forced,and for most it is only in place because of threats of dire consequences and eternal damnation...This "truth" is a farce,and is easily put aside or picked up as suits them....Christ though,reveals a Living Divine Presence - and its truth is eternal,without any such compromise....The church,literally requires absolute obediance to church at all times - and in return for giving them complete authority,they offer a broken promise,a sham and mock version of that which Christ came to give freely to One and All..Know this truth He said,and it will finally set You free...
Old 15-11-2015, 09:45 PM
Newbie ;)

They use the old 'But we had a reformation' line or it was 'ages ago so does'nt matter now' they just moved on to being the worlds biggest Pedo ring instead
Old 15-11-2015, 10:09 PM
Experiencer
I've never heard a Catholic say 'we had a Reformation'. Anyone saying that would be a Protestant.

I think you'll also find that any big organisation has problems with paedophillia, including the Protestant churches, Muslim schools, Evangelical churches and the BBC.
Old 16-11-2015, 12:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiBach
I've never met a Catholic who has supported the inquisition or the Crusades. I have, however, met Protestants who think that the Crusades where great and that the Crusaders where the bees knees.

Mind, I've never met a Protestant who has supported their churches' stance on the persecution and burning of witches and priests.

Yes, there are bad Catholics, just like there are bad Muslims, bad Buddhists or bad Protestant choir masters. Just because historically it's been dangerous to send your male child to choir practice in a cathedral, doesn't mean that all choir masters are bad.

Every single western Christian has had their version of Christianity handed down to them through generations of Christians, the earliest being Catholic Christians, like Patrick and David - without whom (and all their Celtic brethren on the western fringes of Europe), Christianity would have been lost to us all.

I agree it's not a Catholic thing, but a religious thing in general, or any 'umbrella label' under which people congregate, so as J. Krishnamurti says, when you call yourself a Christian or Muslim, or an Indian or American, you become a violent person because you section yourself apart from other people.