Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 08-06-2022, 07:38 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Yes you can, you can stop creating it in the first place
Yup.

https://mindfulnessmeditation.net.au/arrow/

The parable of the second arrow is a well-known Buddhist story about dealing with suffering more skilfully. It is said the Buddha once asked a student...
Old 08-06-2022, 09:14 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Yup.

https://mindfulnessmeditation.net.au/arrow/

The parable of the second arrow is a well-known Buddhist story about dealing with suffering more skilfully. It is said the Buddha once asked a student...
Cognitive behaviour, in other words, or Right Thinking of the Eightfold Path. Common sense works too. Oops, I forgot this is a Spiritual forum.
Old 08-06-2022, 11:27 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Cognitive behaviour, in other words, or Right Thinking of the Eightfold Path. Common sense works too.
There are at least three approaches to therapy that I am aware of - MBCT, MBSR & DBT - that incorporate some aspects of mindfulness meditation, and mindfulness meditation is quite effective at alleviating/minimizing Second Arrow suffering.

Last edited by JustASimpleGuy : 09-06-2022 at 01:53 AM.
Old 08-06-2022, 02:12 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Yeah, if suffering or confusion comes, it comes. I cant do anything about it anyway.

I don’t want to be unkind to Greenslade but he really hasn’t a clue about nonduality. I would avoid having conversations with people who haven’t, at least, had a kensho experience or some kind of non-dual awakening. And even with these people the dualistic nature of language makes dialogue almost impossible. For a deeper and more informed (and friendly) experience I would recommend: spiritualteachers.proboards.com
Old 08-06-2022, 03:03 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween Jack
I don’t want to be unkind to Greenslade but he really hasn’t a clue about nonduality.
I'd say GS has a very good intellectual grasp of non-dualism, just from the Jungian perspective. I can see how it dovetails nicely with both Vedanta and Buddhist non-dualism.

Last edited by JustASimpleGuy : 08-06-2022 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-06-2022, 06:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
Dictionary.com:
Existence: ..
... 'Its' appearance. That is all.
You have seperated absolute reality from appearance. So it's no longer absolute. Only relatively absolute. Which basically means, it's not absolute. But just another relativity, of which there are infinite.
Old 09-06-2022, 06:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Be single-minded or take one thought at a time and optimise it to if fullest degree, "overcoming duality" is that easy.
You are right, except that when you realise the absolute vibrationally and relatively, it is not really the absolute, except relatively, which means it's a relativity and not an absolute.
Old 09-06-2022, 06:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Yup....
... once asked a student...[/color][/i]
If you let pain decide for you when to seek relief from it, you are not only stuck in duality. You're stuck in the negative ever expanding self contradicting duality.
Old 09-06-2022, 06:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes you can, you can stop creating it in the first place
Sure, if you can tell me who I am, I will stop creating it.
Without nonduality, there is no absolute identity.
Old 09-06-2022, 09:35 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
There are at least three approaches to therapy that I am aware of - MBCT, MBSR & DBT - that incorporate some aspects of mindfulness meditation, and mindfulness meditation is quite effective at alleviating/minimizing Second Arrow suffering.
Which doesn't surprise me because nowadays things aren't so rigid and often things that are proven to have results or benefits are incorporated into therapies. There's also much more mainstream acceptance of meditative practices with no associations to Spirituality, just the need for escape or to help people feel better about themselves in general. A friend of mine ran arts and crafts classes as part of a therapeutic strategy.