Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Ivy

Amy, this is a thought based perception....you have no way of knowing this to be a reality.

But I've said before, we aren't all Amy Green, and the reason I say this, is because you don't seem to accept differing views as the learning tool that they can be.

You can't experience everything for yourself, so sometimes it is better to listen and let others tell you about their experience...without trying to take control as the chief understander of it.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:44 PM
amy green

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadows
Amy, this is a thought based perception....you have no way of knowing this to be a reality.

But I've said before, we aren't all Amy Green, and the reason I say this, is because you don't seem to accept differing views as the learning tool that they can be.

You can't experience everything for yourself, so sometimes it is better to listen and let others tell you about their experience...without trying to take control as the chief understander of it.
I am tiring of saying that I acknowledge other people's perceptions and you not picking up/assimilating this. Why can you not then acknowledge that I can be sad about what I see this as lacking? We are entitled to our own interpretations. It's up to me how I feel - you want to control this too?

Where have I implied that I experience everything for myself? Or that I would want everyone to be like me? You are jumping to wrong assumptions here. I have listened, I have learnt and I am not controlling but I take exception to being seen so distortedly by yourself. You have got me soooo wrong Meadows! I am not trying to impose my belief on you am I? In fact, in my previous post, I said let's agree to differ - why won't you let it go? Give me a break!

(With apologies to Bobby for this peculiar off topic development here)

Old 12-06-2013, 04:59 PM
amy green

Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. (Oscar Wilde)

Old 12-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Ivy

My apologies, if my point has come across poorly.

It is simply that if you hear anothers experience and conclude that they are lacking in comparison to your own, you are concluding things that you aren't able to....because you havn't had the other persons experience, they have.

Therefore, they naturally understand their experience better than you do.

I hope that makes more sense.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green

Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. (Oscar Wilde)

yes, there are a million quotes about love, and lots of people love love...but some prefer beauty, peace, caring, compassion, gratefulness, understanding, selflessness....etc.

They are just words hun. We each have our own interpretations of them and our own expressions of them. Love your love, it is beautiful, but let me feel grateful for the beauty in my heart x
Old 12-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Master

Quote:

It is simply that if you hear anothers experience and conclude that they are lacking in comparison to your own, you are concluding things that you aren't able to....because you havn't had the other persons experience, they have.

It's not uncommon for spiritual groups to see their beliefs and experiences as superior to others that are different. There aren't too many that don't do that, it's kind of the nature of the spiritual game, or the nature of humans. The attitude we sometimes see in this forum reflects ideas of Tolle about people who believe differently being in 'ego'. Put that idea in spiritual words and of course humans are going to soak it in.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:18 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
They are just words hun. We each have our own interpretations of them and our own expressions of them. Love your love, it is beautiful, but let me feel grateful for the beauty in my heart x
Yes that quote was just words to you because you do not resonate with it.

Now who's asking to be allowed to feel grateful for a feeling! Too funny Meadows...when I said a similar thing you said "it's a silly game to play to make it sound like I would through your plea"

Why would you think I would even try and get in the way of that?

Old 12-06-2013, 06:25 PM
amy green

Thumbs up

Quote:

Yes this explains what you are trying to say more clearly now. Understood. Comparisons are inevitable in the process of evaluation.

I am sure you too have your own interpretations to my experiences too and I don't mind that at all. In fact, criticism affords a way of taking stock/reassessing the situation. (I am not, as Seawolf would erroneously see me, thinking I am above others here......far from it in fact. I have an open mind and an open heart).
Old 12-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Ivy

Yes, I should have said allow me that, without judging my experience to be lesser than your own.

You don't show love or beauty, understanding or compassion in how you have judged the experiences of others here Amy.

You havn't accepted, you've attempted to diminish other peoples experiences. You don't have the power to do so. Yet it is disgraceful to try.

Be loving, if that is what you believe. Inspire me with your words and actions. Let me look and see what love is all about.

Because if love is really about judging others divine connection as lacking what your divine connection has...then I don't want it. I don't want to be like that.

Quote:
It's not uncommon for spiritual groups to see their beliefs and experiences as superior to others that are different. There aren't too many that don't do that, it's kind of the nature of the spiritual game, or the nature of humans. The attitude we sometimes see in this forum reflects ideas of Tolle about people who believe differently being in 'ego'. Put that idea in spiritual words and of course humans are going to soak it in.

I've been around internet spirituality for 10 years. There was a time when I would become very concerned for people who were in a very different place to me, and I would dive in to save them with all the passion of my own fears and desires.

I wrote a thread recently called 'remember rights that I did wrong'...and this is one of those things that was done with beautiful intentions...but a great deal of ignorance for the effect it would have on others.

But the experience enables me now to understand others who want to save people from taking the 'wrong' turns, with more compassion.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:19 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
You don't show love or beauty, understanding or compassion in how you have judged the experiences of others here Amy.
??? An opinion (or, as you perceive it - a judgement) is just that i.e. doesn't come laden with flowers. I have tried to show you I understand i.e. by acknowledging differences etc. It's your problem Meadows if you constantly choose not to accept that I have done so. Indeed my last post was agreeable/passive not antagonistic at all - and here you are all guns firing!??? Very strange - why so angry?
Quote:
You havn't accepted, you've attempted to diminish other peoples experiences. You don't have the power to do so. Yet it is disgraceful to try.

Again, I have accepted what you say - does that mean I am not allowed to make comparisons then? For someone who talks of divine peace and beauty, it has to be said that you are getting quite ugly here Meadows. Just for the record, I do not want any power - where did you manage to jump to that assumption? I feel empowered already thanks. I'm beginning to think you deliberately choose to put me on that false (uncharacteristic) pedestal so you can be seen to knock me down. Why are you doing this? It is, indeed (to use your description) disgraceful.

Quote:
Be loving, if that is what you believe. Inspire me with your words and actions. Let me look and see what love is all about.
Pardon me but I am not a performing monkey. I choose not to try and sow a seed on stony ground. Maybe you can find that inspiration from one of my threads - try the sanctuary section "Today I am grateful for...." that should tell you a lot about me.

Quote:
Because if love is really about judging others divine connection as lacking what your divine connection has...then I don't want it. I don't want to be like that.
When replying to posts, you deal with what issues raised. Nothing to do with anything else. Valuing love doesn't mean I have lost my ability to reason and assess differing opinions. Guess what? I wouldn't want to be like you either (i.e. negating the concept of divine love); this post lacks your stance on peace and beauty.

On a lighter note....at least you can say that my heart is on the right side...literally - I am a dextrocardiac!

I wish you well Meadows.....I wish you (could find) love.

Can we call a truce now or are you not done with me yet?

Last edited by amy green : 12-06-2013 at 09:34 PM.