Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-02-2016, 02:19 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
It seems if you don't have faith in god, you will suffer ill will. If you do have faith in god, you will have the power to heal those who suffer ill will. Huh? What's god up to?

I also seek faith in myself but haven't really experienced 'faith'. What would it mean to you to have faith in yourself?
I think it would mean that I have no questions that need to be answered. That doesn't mean that I'll know everything, but I'll know what I need to know and be comfortable not knowing the rest. That knowledge will allow me act without second thoughts. Another way to put it is that I'm seeking fearlessness.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:51 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningBush
I think it would mean that I have no questions that need to be answered. That doesn't mean that I'll know everything, but I'll know what I need to know and be comfortable not knowing the rest. That knowledge will allow me act without second thoughts. Another way to put it is that I'm seeking fearlessness.
Hmmm, fear is not always a bad thing.

To me, having faith in yourself means a strong (if not certain) belief in who you are and who you are being in the moment. To reach this we have to have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of who we are. We also require trust in oneself, so faith to me is a combination of knowledge, understanding, trust and belief in and of ourselves. It's not blind faith, nor good or bad. It feels to me to be more of a presence without self-consciousness. Simple.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:11 AM
Guide

Quote:

To me, having faith in yourself means a strong (if not certain) belief in who you are and who you are being in the moment. To reach this we have to have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of who we are. We also require trust in oneself, so faith to me is a combination of knowledge, understanding, trust and belief in and of ourselves. It's not blind faith, nor good or bad. It feels to me to be more of a presence without self-consciousness. Simple.
I can't disagree with any of this except the first sentence. Fear and wisdom can lead to the same decisions, but one of them feels bad.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:19 AM
Master
Quote:

To me, having faith in yourself means a strong (if not certain) belief in who you are and who you are being in the moment. To reach this we have to have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of who we are. We also require trust in oneself, so faith to me is a combination of knowledge, understanding, trust and belief in and of ourselves.
Quote:
It's not blind faith, nor good or bad. It feels to me to be more of a presence without self-consciousness. Simple

Yes and often what you see in the effervescent, bubbling over, nothing else matters, confident approach to a certain pathway, is that very thing. Its the bubbling over of ones inner knowing to be what only that knowing knows confidently to know so shares with others to know something they don't know.

And frankly its all knowing and unknown and confidence to share the presence of you as you know yourself to be.

But then that is all unknown to me so I don't really know this at all. Just what I understand so far.

Sometimes the rest seems irrelevant to that ones knowing, so goes know where else but there. But there is everywhere. Just sometimes it goes on repeat..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 02-02-2016, 03:48 AM
Master
I was contemplating this some more just now about the nature of this confidence or faith in knowing. The awareness that something works for us, supports others in this way. A strong firm belief that says. This is it, I do not budge from this inner belief I hold. I am passionate and strong in everyway of this knowing. I hold this space firm.

When we truly believe in something working it can dig our heels in deep in that belief that this is the way faith works in so many ways of faith and no faith that exists in life.

I was contemplating some more and wondering about the confidence in the unknown, how when we are focused on believing that everything we want and desire comes to us, the upheaval when the unknown hits us can actually shake up these beliefs in the realization that both go hand in hand when it comes to trust.

I guess I relate this now as I live more in the moment of life unfolding. What I know supports me, sometimes it supports others and sometimes it doesn't. simply because their faith and needs are something entirely different, so I learn through the offering what I can build trust in in this way. Not my way.

In this space of understanding deeper the nature of trust or faith, what arises in me then is the building of trust in the unknown through these reflections.

These experiences show me I don't know, even as I might think I know in certain aspects of my own world and reality where I am confident know first hand it works, and feel sure of myself in everyway of this.

So now as I look deeper at faith, I see that faith is really just as much about wanting and not wanting as it is about knowing and the unknown, the confidence that flows in both these aspects of life in myself.

When I include both of these elements into the whole, the path becomes both.

SO naturally when the tables turn me towards the place where the unknown, arises in my knowing, what becomes of this then is that wanting ceases to be in me. I listen and trust in what the external offering is showing me.

Because now I see that both aspects of life in trust lead me through life as it is in everyway of this.

I then have no where to go but listen to all life, aware of its focus and space and needs to be as it knows. Aware of the focus where the unknown may not be entering the picture as yet.

Simply because I surrender what I know and allow it to unfold as it will into knowing unknown to me. :)

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 02-02-2016, 03:57 AM
Master
I was contemplating some more about the feelings, belief in self to be present with what we know. It can often be quite contagious to those who feel it and want to feel it. Want to ride the wave and receive what they have and want. It attracts itself in both feeling and belief to attain or reach for something.

I suppose faith is no different.

It reaches outward to attain a feeling within that it can feel the same. Feel passionate and open the path they are to walk with that same confidence, not necessarily receive what the one receiving is getting but something for them for their own path.

SO sharing the state of grounded confident feelings, will rub off.

But then sometimes it doesn't rub off and I wonder why to myself?

I wonder if when we utilize the feeling of confidence and passion to just be oneself as that source, the whole notion of it needing to be something, is the attachment to itself in feeling or faith in this instance.

Can we be attached to faith?

I guess we can.

Can we have faith and be open to life fully without any need to make it be something? I guess we can.

Anything is possible.

I suppose I feel confident to share this as I am contemplating this.

Old 02-02-2016, 03:58 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningBush
I can't disagree with any of this except the first sentence. Fear and wisdom can lead to the same decisions, but one of them feels bad.
It maybe wise to acknowledge the fear in the face of inexperience. It feels bad because if it felt good it wouldn't be a warning. Depends on how you look at it, I guess.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:01 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Yes and often what you see in the effervescent, bubbling over, nothing else matters, confident approach to a certain pathway, is that very thing. Its the bubbling over of ones inner knowing to be what only that knowing knows confidently to know so shares with others to know something they don't know.

And frankly its all knowing and unknown and confidence to share the presence of you as you know yourself to be.

But then that is all unknown to me so I don't really know this at all. Just what I understand so far.

Sometimes the rest seems irrelevant to that ones knowing, so goes know where else but there. But there is everywhere. Just sometimes it goes on repeat..
I find you very hard to follow. Sorry.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:09 AM
Guide

Quote:
It maybe wise to acknowledge the fear in the face of inexperience. It feels bad because if it felt good it wouldn't be a warning. Depends on how you look at it, I guess.
I agree that it's good to acknowledge it, but I think it's evidence of a limitation to feel it. I think one can seek a preferred outcome without necessarily being attached, which is the difference between wisdom and fear.

Quote:
That makes two of us.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:16 AM
Master
Quote:

lol that's ok.