Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-01-2020, 07:54 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
Am I responsible for the evil done to me? Am I the cause of the evil done to me?

Thanks,

green1
I also say: Yes, you are. But not in a negative sense.
All unpleasant experiences we make just happen because we - our souls - choose these experiences in order to grow.

There is no (or not much) personal growth or development without suffering and pain.
Old 24-01-2020, 03:00 PM
Guide
Wow thanks all for your kind replies!

Cheers,
green1
Old 24-01-2020, 05:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
There is no (or not much) personal growth or development without suffering and pain.

This sounds comforting, but I don't believe it, not at an intellectual level, and even less at an intuitive level.

At an ethical level it would mean that those who hurt you would do you good, which is turning things upside down.

Nobody needs to suffer to grow. We suffer because we make mistakes. We should avoid them, accept them when we do, learn from them, and move on striving to do better.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-01-2020, 05:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
This sounds comforting, but I don't believe it, not at an intellectual level, and even less at an intuitive level.

At an ethical level it would mean that those who hurt you would do you good, which is turning things upside down.

Nobody needs to suffer to grow. We suffer because we make mistakes. We should avoid them, accept them when we do, learn from them, and move on striving to do better.

There's suffering through the bereavement of a loved one too.

The experience of losing a loved one impels us toward a deeper understanding of life. Everyone fears and is saddened by death. That is natural. But by struggling to overcome the pain and sadness that accompanies death, we become sharply aware of the dignity and preciousness of life and develop the compassion to share the sufferings of others as our own - Daisaku Ikeda
Old 24-01-2020, 06:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs

The experience of losing a loved one impels us toward a deeper understanding of life. Everyone fears and is saddened by death. That is natural. But by struggling to overcome the pain and sadness that accompanies death, we become sharply aware of the dignity and preciousness of life and develop the compassion to share the sufferings of others as our own - Daisaku Ikeda

Are you saying that you have to go through losing a loved one to get a deeper understanding, to learn compassion? You don't have to. And not everyone who goes through that accomplish those. A good omen can accomplish those as well.

I disagree with the idea that suffering is in any way good for you and necessary, not that it isn't unavoidable, nor that it can't have positive consequences.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-01-2020, 06:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Are you saying that you have to go through losing a loved one to get a deeper understanding, to learn compassion? You don't have to. And not everyone who goes through that accomplish those. A good omen can accomplish those as well.

I disagree with the idea that suffering is in any way good for you and necessary, not that it isn't unavoidable, nor that it can't have positive consequences.

Before I experienced the death of a loved one I don't think I understood the depth of loss of another in that same position. I was changed after these events.

For example, if a person has never lost their own child, they aren't going to understand the depth of loss of someone that has. That's my opinion anyway.
Old 24-01-2020, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Nobody needs to suffer to grow. We suffer because we make mistakes.
Oh boy...knowing 2 past lives ---I mean, scenes from them both...sigh,
I know that I have been so incredibly stuck in a loop and so dense it is embarrassing.
It was only by having a brick fall on my head (pleasant? no) tht I was finally able to grow.
Suffering is probably not necessary for smart people, you are probably correct on that.
I am not so lucky to be one of them...altho - more so now, by grace.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-01-2020, 12:01 AM
Quote:
At an ethical level it would mean that those who hurt you would do you good,
which is turning things upside down.
Well, when my eyes opened - having nothing to do with that stupid intellect -
all those that hurt me - aided me in my growth...like wow, did they ever.
Did I ever need to learn some things.
Yeah, sure, would it ever have been nicer to learn them with love...I was too thick.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-01-2020, 02:47 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
Am I responsible for the evil done to me? Am I the cause of the evil done to me?

Thanks,

green1

Hello green1

As I see it, whether we refer to the Akashic records, eternalism, the block universe, or simply the mind of God, everything that has or could have happened to you during your human experience, and everything that will or could possibly happen to you, exists and is equally real, always has and always will. Both the past and the future branch out infinitely many times from the present moment. The difference between the two is that we believe only one of the paths have led to the present moment, and believe we can choose any of the paths in the future. The arrow of time tells us which direction is which. Is is like an infinity of stories, each branching into infinite possibilities. The story the soul will experience depends on how they navigate the branches of the one they are on, what information they focus their awareness on, and for a time, become. It has free will to choose which branch at each present moment point. As it navigates this matrix of cause and effect it is seeking the experiences that will gain it the knowledge of good and evil, and will choose the path it believes will provide the most gain. There are probably many factors that influence the souls choices. Perhaps it may not always make the most beneficial choice, but it is free to wander about until it finds what it is looking for. Sometimes it may be drawn to a path that leads to being the victim of evil, other times it may be drawn down a path that leads to being the perpetrator of evil. Either way, it gains in knowledge of evil. Of course the same can be said of paths leading to experiences of good as well. The human mind may recoil in horror as the path it is on leads to its demise and the end of that branch of the story it is a part of. Yet the soul benefits and grows from the experience nonetheless, and moves on to another story.

There are many who give advice on how to access and read the Akashic records, yet the experience of life IS reading the Akashic records. We read from the first person point of view, and we forget we are the reader and come to believe we are the protagonist. Through life, we gain the knowledge of good and evil through the experience of both, and we gain it by becoming both of them as well.

Ketzer
Old 25-01-2020, 03:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs

I talked to one man yesterday. He claimed his brother's wife has cancer and is dying. His brother is devastated. I said "We are not taught about death therefore we are victims'. He agreed. He wished he was taught about death so it would have helped him when his wife died.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜