Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 08-05-2013, 01:23 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
As much as I believe the entire bible is mostly another "book", I do believe the Gospels were truly divinely inspired by God.

The oral tradition and written word about Jesus of Nazareth is too compelling not be guided by the Holy Spirit (Christ Consciousness) in those writers.

But so is the Bhagavad Gita in the Mahabharata. I do not believe the Mahabharata is holy, but the Gita is a timeless wisdom.

Same goes with the Qu'ran.- parts are divinely inspired, not the entire thing. A lot of it is just man made.

Even Jesus rarely quoted the Bible and if he did it was mostly the Torah Laws or the Psalms- goes to show you what he thought was important.

Can you imagine the story of Exodus being divinely inspired? There is no way. The entire five books of Moses are full of contradictions, murder, genocide, and a nasty angry God. Its a ifive-book series written by men that is based on some older Scriptures that are based on some spiritual event that happened in Egypt around that time.

I respect your belief that any written word was inspired by God....but I, of course disagree with that theory.... out of curiosity, do you believe that "Conversations with God" are divinely inspired?
Old 08-05-2013, 02:07 AM
Scattered Sheep

Those who believe are proof, I once was dead, but now I am alive. I would not be born anew from a partly inspired Word. I could not speak the way I do, live the way I live if I trusted in men. When you study Scripture you see Elohim at work, constantly, consistently. He is consistent. Men are not. They change, morph and die. I lived in sin and now I have a standard to follow, unchanging, consistent.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:28 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattered Sheep
Those who believe are proof, I once was dead, but now I am alive. I would not be born anew from a partly inspired Word. I could not speak the way I do, live the way I live if I trusted in men. When you study Scripture you see Elohim at work, constantly, consistently. He is consistent. Men are not. They change, morph and die. I lived in sin and now I have a standard to follow, unchanging, consistent.

Well, Scattered Sheep, good for you....if your belief system has helped you, then it is a good thing--it is just not "my" thing.... those that believe are proof of what? You are born again, but not a Christian...a rose by any name is still a rose....there are many Christian denominations out there--I'm sure that one of them would fill your needs...but you have spoken of a rabbi..are you a Jew that believes in Jesus (by any other name is the same entity)....?
Old 08-05-2013, 02:40 AM
Scattered Sheep

I am not Jewish. I am a scattered Israelite either from a tribe or adoption through Yahushua. I imitate Him. All you want to know about what I believe starts in Genesis and when contextually interpreted with proper language study can be concluded in Revelation . This is the way I follow. Somebody is doing this right now I have a feeling.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:09 AM
Scattered Sheep

Don't be I did not do this to my selfHe did it be cause I am before Him, rather be glad this knows who He is
Old 08-05-2013, 04:34 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
I am not Jewish. I am a scattered Israelite either from a tribe or adoption through Yahushua. I imitate Him. All you want to know about what I believe starts in Genesis and when contextually interpreted with proper language study can be concluded in Revelation . This is the way I follow. Somebody is doing this right now I have a feeling.

You are a scattered Israelite? You imitate Yahushua? Do you walk in the desert. wearing sandals? will you die for my sins thus lifting all responsibility for my actions from my weary shoulders? Genesis? Really? All "scripture" experts from all the major religions agree that this is not true--that it is all symbolic at best..... It is your way, not mine.... somebody is banging on your head?.. Are you not well?
Old 08-05-2013, 04:46 AM
Juanita

Cat

:
Quote:
Don't be I did not do this to my selfHe did it be cause I am before Him, rather be glad this knows who He is

I am pleased that you know who you are.. I would worry if you didn't know who you are.:ic You "are" worthy my friend, you are a child of God... but if you feel that you need these crutches to get through life, then so be it..it is, after all, your life.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Scattered Sheep

Banging "their" head. His followers are supposed to imitate Him, not "be" Him. When Scripture is taken in "context" you will realize that if I tried to die for the sins of the world I would not be imitating Him, imitators follow not exalt themselves unto their Master's position. Lucifer exalted himself or at least that was his eventual intent and, well the rest is sad commentary. I desire for you not to think of your Creator as a "crutch" and yes I "need" Him to get into His kingdom, absolutely!!!Remember where I am going with this, my "identity" is in Him.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Free_Spirit1983

Spirit is consciousness, connectivity to all that is,

When you recognise your "oneness" with all life and become fully present and aware you access the part of you that is connected to all that is, the I AM that is in every living form..

The thing that keeps us separate from all life is our ego, creating stories and drama around past events or possible future events stopping us from being present..

We are human beings.. Human as in the physical form and being as in connected to spirit, to all that is!
Old 08-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Scattered Sheep