Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 06-07-2014, 06:17 PM
Experiencer
Thank you Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Very good advice from Semper in post #16 ~

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 09-07-2014, 04:11 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVI
I too have had this problem and I have found there are several ways to prevent this.

If you are tired, and you wish to meditate, don't allow your body to rest in a particularly comfortable position. You will fall into sleep. As a general rule of thumb. Don't meditate just before going to bed unless your goal is to fall into sleep. After all - meditation and "falling asleep" are very similar processes. It is very easy to trick the body into sleep.

If you are used to falling asleep in a comfy chair - don't use that chair to meditate (Ref: pavlovian conditioning) . Some people meditate sitting on the floor with their legs crossed.

If all else fails, try it in the morning after a good night sleep and a cup of your favorite caffeinated beverage :)

Cheers

THANK YOU!!
Old 14-07-2014, 06:55 AM
Deactivated Account

Well, I have been messing around with it still and this is what I got,

If I relax when the headache comes on, shortly afterward I hear a bang, and sometimes some sort of talking in a deep voice. I will also get images of a canvas like bag over my head.

The odd thing is the after shocks I feel, such as my own reflection seems off to me. It is almost as if I am seeing two faces, it is very strange.
Old 15-07-2014, 04:23 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSar
Well, I have been messing around with it still and this is what I got,

If I relax when the headache comes on, shortly afterward I hear a bang, and sometimes some sort of talking in a deep voice. I will also get images of a canvas like bag over my head.

The odd thing is the after shocks I feel, such as my own reflection seems off to me. It is almost as if I am seeing two faces, it is very strange.

VERY INTERESTING!

Do you also experience any other kinds of physical side-effects? Tingling, pain, migraines, etc.?

Thanks for sharing!
Old 15-07-2014, 04:42 AM
Deactivated Account

Most just an out of it feel, disconnected and chills. Basically, what you might feel if wondering around in a place you never been before.
Old 15-07-2014, 04:53 AM
Experiencer
Sounds as though someone from your past life clings to you as you're coming back from your PLRs. I always wondered if this was even possible, but it truly seems like this to me. Like, you are still you, however, the person you were comes back with you as well.

I have no idea if that made any sense whatsoever, but I have no idea how to word it!
Old 15-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Deactivated Account

It very well could be, I will keep messing around with it to see what happens.
Old 16-07-2014, 05:06 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSar
It very well could be, I will keep messing around with it to see what happens.

Thanks! Keep us in the know! I'm working on PLRs right now myself, as well.
Old 19-07-2014, 07:23 AM
Deactivated Account

Well, keeping up to date, with the experiences when trying these PLRs I have noticed something fairly interesting, no longer do I hear the bang. But, instead I get a weird sensation in my forehead in the middle. Now, I always considered this the third eye opening, except for lately, for it after awhile I started getting strange sensations of stuff running out of it. Mainly, around the temples, and eyes. As well as a deep sensation in my head, which is hard to explain. But, whatever it is it seems to be blocking everything.
Old 19-07-2014, 04:02 PM
Experiencer
Actually, it sounds like it is you are on the cusp of "lifting the veil" so to speak. Perhaps your conditioning is what is blocking you. I really appreciate your effort and encourage you to keep trying. On occasion I get into a slump where I can't see anything beyond my nose. There is something you can do that has proved to be a slump buster in the past for me.

I wouldn't normally suggest this, but in your'e case I really believe it will be helpful... I must warn you - it will really challenge you and you will need to stay strong. If your up for it, consider going without eating anything for a period of time. I don't mean miss a meal here and there or not eating for a day or only eating at night. I am talking about real, honest to goodness fasting. I was never one to understand or have any faith in this technique and thought of it as more ritual than spiritual. After doing it - I was pretty surprised just how VERY effective it was. No wonder why so many religions adopted this technique. It really opens your mind. Maybe it is a chemical change in your body, I don't know - but it works wonders. It can be almost euphoric. It is actually not as hard as you think - it is a mental game. Initially, you will be very hungry. This is just your brain and stomach arguing. When this happens, just drink lots of water and it will shut them up. Once you get beyond a certain point - these hunger pangs just disappear. This is when your mind is opening.

Instead of trying your PLR at this stage. Think (meditate) about food. Think about a meal you would like to make for yourself. Imagine yourself making it for all your friends and family. Imagine every detail, Imagine the texture and the aroma as it is cooking. Now imagine where you will eat this meal - it can be anywhere you like. Do this as many times as you like but do not give in to your temptation to eat something. Then, go someplace public where lots of food is available. This can be a grocery store where you can walk the isles pretending to shop for the meal(s) you imagined preparing. Or if you like, go to the mall where the food court is and breath in and focus on all the different aromas you can smell. Because your body is being cleansed, your senses will be much stronger than you are used to and you will pick up on smells you never noticed before. The point of these exercises is not to torment you, but to train your consciousness or that third eye you have to open and stay open. It is sort of like shock therapy. Your just giving your body and mind a shock to shake things up and awaken senses you have that are dormant.

I am not sure how long to tell you to go. The first time I tried this was about 8 years ago. It was for the purpose of what is called a body cleanse, but I discovered so much more. I went 14 days on this cleanse and it was really pretty incredible. Not saying you need to do 14 days, just go as long as you can. Maybe try for a week at first, but don't put a time table on it. I went into it reluctantly with my wife and came out of it with a complete different understanding. One thing you might consider is drinking hot water with real organic maple syrup, I think real lemon juice and a touch of cayenne pepper to increase your blood pressure. You can find more about this drink searching for cleansing diet. Note - I have done this a bunch and this drink is not required. IT is a good flush though and will clean your systems out.

Finally, when the time feels right. Try your PLR if you like or just mediate on where ever your mind takes you. I am pretty sure this will clear the obstacle you are experiencing. As far as when it is time to eat again. You will know when you have accomplished what you set out to do. Like I said, It is not easy but perhaps this will get you to that next stage. Good luck and if you decide to try it - let us know how it goes. Maybe keep a daily journal of your experience in the "YourSpace" section on this web site.

Cheers

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung