Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 15-03-2022, 01:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
The air around my arm is made of atoms. Then my arm is also made of atoms. The chair I am sitting on, atoms. I think this entire planet and everything on it, is just a field of atoms. "How can we be separate and one at the same time?!" Everything here, all one giant field of atoms!
Most people see or observe or experience the atom as just an atom and the energy that an atom is made out of. These people (a scientist for an example) do not see or observe or experience the atom as being Brahman, source or god.
Old 15-03-2022, 02:07 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Most people see or observe or experience the atom as just an atom and the energy that an atom is made out of. These people (a scientist for an example) do not see or observe or experience the atom as being Brahman, source or god.
Outside of Enlightenment who does in the fullest and truest sense? It's more than just saying or thinking "That's not an atom, that's Brahman". Much more and even from just a tiny glimpse of Awakening.

EDIT: It's more like "That's not an atom, that's Me.". If I say the atom's Brahman in effect I'm saying it's not me. I'm making a distinction between me and Brahman. That was one of the more intoxicating aspects of my experience. I was experiencing myself in everything, like Water in waves.

Last edited by JustASimpleGuy : 15-03-2022 at 03:18 PM.
Old 15-03-2022, 03:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
It's more than just saying or thinking "That's not an atom, that's Brahman". Much more and even from just a tiny glimpse of Awakening.
Not really, If what you say is true, then marketing/advertising slogans, jingles etc will not work, the way they do.

Repeating the same things over and over again penetrates the conscious mind and imprints the unconscious mind with with what is repeated over and over again. In effect, the person's perspective is being changed. An extreme example of this is mind control. This is how learning works too.
Old 15-03-2022, 03:40 PM
Master
Quote:
EDIT: It's more like "That's not an atom, that's Me.". If I say the atom's Brahman in effect I'm saying it's not me. I'm making a distinction between me and Brahman. That was one of the more intoxicating aspects of my experience. I was experiencing myself in everything, like Water in waves.
Speak for yourself, I got my name changed to Brahman by deed poll. Refer to myself in the third person as well now, because, y'know, who doesn't love people who refer to themselves in the third person?
Old 15-03-2022, 03:49 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Refer to myself in the third person as well now, because, y'know, who doesn't love people who refer to themselves in the third person?
LOL!

Just before I stumbled on Advaita and Vedanta Society of New York I had been watching some Sadghuru videos for maybe a month. Referring to himself as "this body" or "this one" was cute at first but got old fast.

Swami Sarvapriyananda suggests not ditching pronouns and taking a third-person perspective in conversation.
Old 15-03-2022, 04:35 PM
Master
Quote:
There is no difference when I AM brahman as a whole, your "me" is brahman as a whole, the atom is brahman as a whole, and everything else is brahman as a whole, thus there is no separation of brahman, aka duality. Yes, the atom is you, but it holds no significance when you have a perspective that an atom is an illusion, not real and is separate from brahman.

EVERYTHING is brahmnan as a whole/one. You do not get to choose what is brahman and what is not brahman.
Old 15-03-2022, 04:51 PM
hazada guess

We are all one consciousness, separated whilst on earth through our bodies.(Thus giving the feeling of separation).The question is and always will be,Do we lose the sense of I?

Right.......I'll leave you to it.
Old 15-03-2022, 06:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
We are all one consciousness, separated whilst on earth through our bodies.(Thus giving the feeling of separation).The question is and always will be,Do we lose the sense of I?
Separation through our bodies is a false perspective that creates a concept, thoughts and perspective such as the physical universe is separate from the one/source/brahman, since our physical bodies are of the physical universe. SInce the one/source/brahman is everything, nothing is separate from the one/source/brahman
Old 15-03-2022, 06:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Just before I stumbled on Advaita and Vedanta Society of New York I had been watching some Sadghuru videos for maybe a month. Referring to himself as "this body" or "this one" was cute at first but got old fast.

Swami Sarvapriyananda suggests not ditching pronouns and taking a third-person perspective in conversation.
I can well imagine, I'd say that's excellent advice from the venerable Swami.
Old 15-03-2022, 07:22 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Separation through our bodies is a false perspective that creates a concept, thoughts and perspective such as the physical universe is separate from the one/source/brahman, since our physical bodies are of the physical universe. SInce the one/source/brahman is everything, nothing is separate from the one/source/brahman

Sorry, you've lost me there. All I do know is that before my birth, I remember falling through blackness and landing on what felt like a bed,(Which, in fact was my body in the womb)
That proves at that point, I was a separate entity.