Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

View Poll Results: How useful is this information to you?
Extremely useful to me 8 53.33%
Somewhat useful to me 5 33.33%
Not at all useful to me 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2017, 07:44 PM
Master
2014 Days (my 2nd day, but this is the real Day 1)

Yesterday I started with Day 2 rather than Day 1 oops - oh well, I guess that's what I needed.

What I take from the Day 1 talk is Sri Vasudeva's vision of a better world because of meditation:
Quote:
"When we begin to experience that being that we are beyond the body and we begin to experience the connection, the intimate connection we have with all of life – with fellow human beings, with Nature, we’ll begin to see life differently. We’ll not be able to harm another; we’ll not be able to amass wealth while others are in poverty. We’ll have absolutely no need for weaponry because we’ll solve every issue through peaceful dialogue the more and more aware we become of who we are," ~ Sri Vasudeva

I have found this to be true in my own life. When my heart chakra opened I was able to feel love for strangers like never before. Meditation sensitized me to all kinds of things. My relationship to myself changed. My relationship to my environment changed. And my relationship to people and situations also changed. I have learned that everything I perceive as "outside of me" is actually "inside of me".

Energy perception and management allows me to do that. The enlightened teachings allow me to ride the rollercoaster of life from a space of witnessing that is at the same time a kind of mountain top view - seeing many layers of interaction going on at the same time, and also the most intimate view - because I can feel people's energy entering inside my own space. You can't get more intimate than that.

And then, I observe synchronicity as the Inner Guide manifesting as an Outer Guide through every rock, plant, animal or human - responding to my deepest thoughts and feelings. So how can I harm anybody (intentionally)? Whatever I do bounces back to me, to my core. It would be like hurting myself.

Meditation teaches empathy. Hardened criminals have no empathy, no capacity for it. Anytime I see human life objectified, I know that empathy is gone.

What do you think? Can meditation save our world? Save us from self-destruction?
Old 03-03-2017, 04:41 PM
Master
Fish Day 3 2014 40 Days - staying centered is all I need to do

I've already spent the morning joyfully contemplating the message I needed to hear. More about what Self Mastery is all about in the human experience. Just sharing a little piece here for you:

Quote:
"Stay in gratitude. This is the most powerful posture acknowledging that we exist in infinite abundance, infinite grace and in infinite existence. We exist in the Supreme. We are nothing but sparks of a divine fire!" Sri Vasudeva

Today's talk was about sporting in the Play in the Consciousness. It really brought together all the teachings I've been learning one by one - not only from my Teacher but from life, the greatest Teacher.

As I grow in consciousness I become more sensitive to energy and negative energy is harder on my system. The kind of meditation Sri Vasudeva is teaching is really more like weight lifting than what we usually learn in yoga class. He teaches me not only how to go deeper inside but what to look for and what to do with it when I find it. And then he teaches me how to hold on to the deepest level I am able to glimpse or to grasp and practice holding on to it in my daily life. He teaches me that everything on the "outside" is really an experience on the "inside" and today I finally got it how to put that into practice.

If someone comes to me with negativity - and let's face it we all do that - I have to reinterpret their negativity as existing in my inner being, in my energy field because whether I "own it" or not, I have this yucky vibration going on inside and I need to be centered in order to clean it up. So I am in the practice of meditation all the time, cleaning inner vibrations constantly - this is meditation in activity in its truest sense.

Sounds exhausting doesn't it? Well it can be. Main thing is to know my center, to know my formula to coming back to my center and doing it so often that it becomes second nature, so that it comes up automatically. So if something negative derails I don't reach for that chocolate but instead do my pranayama and focus on the brow, and when that's stable go to my heart chakra and feel the joy of existence, and if that's not happening go back to my brow and stick with the breathing, just witnessing the negative thing whatever it is, not blaming, not judging, not reacting to it, just observing it and staying kind of locked in one-pointedness. Then if that gets secure, I can go back to the heart chakra and maybe up to the crown chakra - which is best because that's my God-connection in its cosmic form.

That's the space where I feel oneness with all of life. If I can center there, then if this negative thing, whatever it is, whoever it is, is still spewing negative vibes into me, I can start to kind of reiki from the Light, from the power that powers up the whole universe, and look for where the light is even in the negative energy and attune with that and start streaming positive there. In plain English if it's a person who is glaring at me or swearing at me (folks this does not happen often maybe only on the highway) I'm seeing how they're being judgmental and they're on the defensive and from their point of view I am in the wrong, and all they really want is x y or z and sort of feeding that to them in a subtle way....and then they start to calm down because it's all coming up as their own light from inside of them.

All of this is a marvellous process to behold when I do it right.

So glad I have a Teacher of this caliber. :)
Old 03-03-2017, 07:38 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Yesterday I started with Day 2 rather than Day 1 oops - oh well, I guess that's what I needed.

What I take from the Day 1 talk is Sri Vasudeva's vision of a better world because of meditation:

I have found this to be true in my own life. When my heart chakra opened I was able to feel love for strangers like never before. Meditation sensitized me to all kinds of things. My relationship to myself changed. My relationship to my environment changed. And my relationship to people and situations also changed. I have learned that everything I perceive as "outside of me" is actually "inside of me".

Energy perception and management allows me to do that. The enlightened teachings allow me to ride the rollercoaster of life from a space of witnessing that is at the same time a kind of mountain top view - seeing many layers of interaction going on at the same time, and also the most intimate view - because I can feel people's energy entering inside my own space. You can't get more intimate than that.

And then, I observe synchronicity as the Inner Guide manifesting as an Outer Guide through every rock, plant, animal or human - responding to my deepest thoughts and feelings. So how can I harm anybody (intentionally)? Whatever I do bounces back to me, to my core. It would be like hurting myself.

Meditation teaches empathy. Hardened criminals have no empathy, no capacity for it. Anytime I see human life objectified, I know that empathy is gone.

What do you think? Can meditation save our world? Save us from self-destruction?

So should criminals be treated differently in prison? There is certainly capacity but it is just diminished to a level it appears almost non-existent.

Meditation can save an individual, so maybe collectively we can save the world but like you said there are too many "hardened criminals" even outside of the cells. A softening in society is definitely necessary, although not to the point where people feel they can commit any abominable act scotch free. There has to be a balance and for that some strict rules are still required.

There is nothing like love and seeing the environment, animals and feeling joy within yourself. With one another as well of course, where there is an even more striking revelation when you see the light in one's eyes and realise it is the same spirit pervading all.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth
So should criminals be treated differently in prison? There is certainly capacity but it is just diminished to a level it appears almost non-existent.

Meditation can save an individual, so maybe collectively we can save the world but like you said there are too many "hardened criminals" even outside of the cells. A softening in society is definitely necessary, although not to the point where people feel they can commit any abominable act scotch free. There has to be a balance and for that some strict rules are still required.

There is nothing like love and seeing the environment, animals and feeling joy within yourself. With one another as well of course, where there is an even more striking revelation when you see the light in one's eyes and realise it is the same spirit pervading all.

In psychotherapy the idea from neurobiology is about reconnecting neurotransmitters that have been broken - it's not impossible. These look promising:

Pet therapy with hardened criminals "The healing power of pets for prisoners and PTSD Team Pickle Jan 22nd, 2016 by Benjamen Judd link

Transcendental meditation for criminals link

Yoga.... other things

I feel there is potential in everyone. Many options. I also saw a film Where To Invade Next (2015) where an unusual prison system was explored where it's just like a holiday place only thing you aren't allowed to leave. The idea is treating all with respect. The idea is second chances. God allows this for all - it's called reincarnation - born again with amnesia.

Whenever a child of mine was naughty, there were consequences but also explanations but no harm done, never "punishment". (Maybe they don't see it like that but that's what I strove for always.)

It is wonderful, really wonderful, to see a hardened person's eyes light up with Spirit as you said. When such a one is redeemed they are capable of becoming the greatest healers, because they have experienced the dark side also.

There was a little story of my guru being detained at an airport Customs office and it was hours before someone could get through traffic to clear matters and pick him up, but being around his beautiful energy, all the officers were just laughing and smiling and filled with joy. That's the power of presence.

Thank you so much for contributing.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:30 PM
Master
Fish Day 4 - lessons my dog teaches me

Day 4 2014 40 Days "Our Most Powerful Tool"

In listening to this brilliant and illuminating talk by Sri Vasudeva, I am finding new reasons as to why reason (the faculty of intellect, buddhi) is so important on my journey. I usually give so much importance to intuition, I often forget how important simple logic is!

I've been thinking a lot and feeling in gratitude about my dog lately, my little soul-in-an-animal experience. She brings me so many gifts in my life, reminding me to be childlike, to be in gratitude for the small things, to greet people with a positive attitude (she's a very loving creature, a Labrador Retriever). She naturally expresses the spiritual qualities I have to work so hard to express and I often find myself thinking, that's ironic isn't it? She is just so naturally in the flow of things, in surrender, loyal to those who support her - these are spiritual qualities.

One of my oil paintings celebrating man's best friend.

Only thing is, she is not aware of it. And she doesn't have the capacity to be aware that she is aware. Sri Vasudeva spoke about how only humans have that ability with this upper brain of ours. Our intellect gives us that "should" voice, that reasoning ability that helps us figure out what is right and what is wrong - and even to question that and think "Maybe I'm only right from my point of view and the other one is right from their point of view", and to observe from a bigger space, as he says, in observation mode for example, when in meditation the intellect operates to work in a cocreative way with the evolutionary process happening on the inside...

And that idea struck me powerfully today because I adore Nature and I adore my dog.

It really struck a nerve when during the prayer part of the meditation Sri Vasudeva said:
Quote:
"...if I must exist, let me be in total unity with You"
I realized that God or Intelligent Universe is always creating perfect ecosystems - hologram ecosystems from the atom to the galaxies, harmony everywhere, creating loving or mutually beneficial relationships even at the atomic level - in our bodies, as Sri Vasudeva said, even the cells are cooperating to form organs and things. I see and receive so many spiritual gifts from Nature all the time. Nature, from a deeper perspective, is actually role modelling how I should be, in cooperation with it, in cooperation with this guardianship or stewardship that intellect allows me as part of the human species. Isn't that like flowing with the Tao?

If I must exist, let me be a more perfect cocreator, more in harmony with Your will. Today I realized, in a deeper way, that intellect is the most powerful tool to do that, as Sri Vasudeva teaches, and when I listen to that still small "should" voice on the journey to awakening it supports me, because the more I express those noble qualities God manifests through Nature, whether it be a dog or the sun or a tree, the more I can flow with life, in support of life...and the less succumb to my lower nature - that which blocks me from the Light.

There are many many teachings connected to this. I'm only highlighting one piece of it that struck me powerfully today, this morning.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Master
Fish Day 5 Every Held in Grace

I'd to share this passage from Day 5 of the 2014 40 Days because it's so uplifting and exactly what I needed to hear today.

Quote:
"If you are already what you are looking for, shouldn’t there be some kind of excitement that I am that already...that I am already there where I am going?, that my infinite Self is already with me, that I have everything within me that I could ever look and ask for?" ~ Sri Vasudeva

This is the joy of both the religious person and the one who has had the kind of spiritual experience that awakens them to the presence of God. But the experience of God-and-I are one is in the domain of mysticism, the domain of transcendence. My joy is in believing this and being open to the possibility of knowing it for real (in fullness).

He goes on to say:
Quote:
"And that’s why we say that there is abundant grace because this Self inside of you is seeking to manifest in all of its fullness and that’s why it’s a game, because this illusion has been created. It’s called maya. It’s an energy wrap, an embodiment of different layers and this has caused this contraction in the consciousness that creates the illusion of separation. So it’s called maya and illusion." ~ SV
Unwrapping the layers of maya is going to be the topic of the 2017 40 Days Observance starting in March!

Quote:
"So if my infinite Self is already there and it’s maya that’s creating the illusion then I need to be confident that I am already divine, that I am already where I need to go. And that’s the idea of grace, that that Self inside is already holding you. It’s really seeking to manifest in you." ~ SV
I live in grace the way a baby lives in a womb, not knowing anything about who it is or where it is, yet feeling so peaceful and supported.

Quote:
"That’s why we say “the evolution of consciousness”. It’s really seeking to manifest in you. And at every point it’s with you, it’s your Higher Self, it’s You, it’s seeking to help. So you are in the illusion, which is the game: " Although I think that I am lost or separate I’m really not. This Self is holding me whether I think I am lost or not. And because it’s my Self, it cares about me, it’s bigger than me. It’s the all that I am that I have forgotten." SV

The journey of evolution, he is saying is not what Darwin teaches - the survival of the fittest. That's Maya's game. The "journey" is an awakening in consciousness, a waking up - to the fullness - to the full expression of all that I am - in every chakra, in every fibre of my being.

Quote:
So this “I” that is separate, in illusion of separation, it is going to open up more and more to its true nature. The illusion of separation is going to disappear more and more when it remembers. That’s the play. The play is [about] coming back to the awareness of all that I am. Every step that I make in coming back to that awareness will create some kind of joy, some kind of excitement." SV
I love hearing his words. I love being reminded of the big picture because in daily life I can get caught up so much in the small things that don't matter. Keeping that big picture focus is so important. And that I'm already there. Grace is already there for the asking. Every bit of waking up is to be celebrated.

-------------
p.s. Subject Line should read "Ever held in grace"

Last edited by Uma : 05-03-2017 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:16 PM
Master
Fish Day 6 Self-discipline never ever ends!

Continuing with the 2014 40 Days...

Sri Vasudeva was speaking about the 3 knots (granthis) that in Buddhism are spoken of as 3 dantiens - they are the three major problem areas in terms of ego attachment that keeps us in separation. These are for those who don't know, the Brahma granthis, the Vishnu granthis and the Rudra granthis - corresponding to physical, emotional and mental attachment of ego (the dreaming "I") in the human experience. I've written about this elsewhere...but today I am still thinking about "self-discipline as protection" - the most inspiring thing I've been contemplating during these 40 Days so far.

And today to my great relief, he has said of these ego attachments:
Quote:
Even the best of us it captures us, and that’s why masters they keep self discipline. Even after they have been enlightened they keep the discipline there because the human experience can be such a powerful experience that it pulls even the best of us. So the need for self-discipline in any space is important, otherwise you are caught up." Sri Vasudeva
Because the world of human beings is frightful place often feeling like I'm swimming upstream like a little fish dodging logs and rocks and bigger fish, fighting every impulse to just relax and give it up. But no, even the enlightened masters have to struggle in this earthly plane - even though they have all that self-mastery and all that powerful connection with Source energy and guidance - they have to work at it. That's why Jesus needed to get away from the crowd so much. Let's be honest - it's really draining living in this world as a spiritual seeker! It is a relief to know that I don't have to be "perfect" but that perfection is a moment-to-moment striving in the human experience (although it's already there at the core) - and this makes the ascended masters more human, more approachable - it brings them down to Earth...and that gives me hope for my own potential. And they are very honest about this - make no mistake! It is only institutions and gatekeepers that deify them to unapproachable levels.

But to end on a more positive note, he reminded me about the power of prayer, the power of plugged into or cranking up through meditation - the power of the Universe at its Source:
Quote:
"So we need spiritual awakening at different levels, and of course as I say the Universe is full of grace and will help us. The Universe is not a punishing Universe as we have been conditioned to think. The Universe is a benevolent Universe. It’s pushing us to evolve, so there is an evolutionary force in our being pushing us to evolve. It’s a benevolent Universe Seeking our [best] interest. So...wherever we are caught in that drama, the moment we pray for that change the Universe is going to respond so beautifully and magnificently in the most amazing ways if only we have the eyes to see." SV
When the going gets too tough I need to call on help and it comes, it always comes.

The rest of his talk focused on how to receive that grace when it comes, how to recognize it, how to work with it, how to be accepting of whatever form it comes in and whatever timing it chooses - because grace always comes but not necessarily how I expect it to. But I do notice that the manner grace takes corresponds to the manner of my calling for grace or tapping into grace. The more intensity I put into it, the more intense is the response.

This is because ultimately that is me. It is my own Higher Self that is responding to my "caught"/"limited" self.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Master
Fish Day 7 Stay with What IS

Today's 2014 40 Days talk was about a subject that is particularly challenging for me - staying with what is, looking only to the next step - not worrying about the future, not hanging on to the past. This present moment awareness thing totally goes against my instincts on a cellular level.

Quote:
"If you’re climbing a ladder and it has many steps would you be thinking about the final one or would you stay with each step on the rung so you can see it clearly and you can grab it and hold it and move to the other one, that the step that you are on will take you to the other?" Sri Vasudeva

It is such a gift to be able to forget the past, to really let go of it. Does anybody have the secret to this? If you do let me know please!

He also spoke about reframing everything as positive. This is a practice I hold on to! Grace comes in the form of challenges, not only the nice things. Being able to see that is I think one of the greatest survival tools one can have!
Quote:
"Give importance to the challenges before you. They belong to this next step. Where you are on the challenges will take you to the next step. Are you being challenged to forgive? Are you being challenged to love unconditionally? Are you being challenged to have no judgment? Are you being challenged to be more disciplined? Are you being challenged to take care of your body? Are you being challenged to be humble? Are you being challenged to be compassionate? Are you being challenged to take care of those before you because you owe them something that you can’t remember? What are you being challenged with that you are denying, you’re refusing to deal with? What are you being challenged with? Take the things before you seriously and observe “what are my challenges and what do I need to do?” ~ SV

Staying in the present moment means being able to rise above a situation that is upsetting and see it as a meaningful event that is GOOD FOR ME. This can be very difficult when the situation is REALLY UPSETTING. Sometimes it takes a lot of crying and screaming before I can really settle down enough to do this practice. In psychotherapy language it's called reframing, or some other technical words for it. And there are all kinds of ways to go about this. Meditation is like a fast track to rising above the maddening situation. If I can centre myself I can deal with it. If I can go deeply enough into the here and now, I can immunize myself from the pain and see objectively what is really going on.

Recently, someone I trusted very much stabbed me in the back (not literally). I had come to them with something I had been feeling really depressed about and, in response, this person asked me to do some artwork for a little project of theirs. They knew that art is like self-therapy for me so I thought they meant well, and I put a lot of effort into it. I thought they were being compassionate or were trying to help me but actually they had a hidden agenda designed to humiliate me. I am still in shock that this person, who is normally a compassionate person, would do this to me. Today I still struggle to understand why. I cannot believe such cruelty can exist in a person that you would go to them for help and they would deliberately hurt you as much as possible instead. I guess some people have two sides to their personality that are polar opposites. (I really didn't care about the art project - what hurts most is the betrayal by this person and the way they used me as a scapegoat to make someone else look good.)

I am still trying to sort through this event - what Sri Vasudeva would call a "drama" or grace-as-challenging situation - to try and make sense of it, why this had to happen to me now. I know that I tend to be really naive about people, believing there is goodness inside everyone, so it really shocks me when their dark side comes out. Sometimes I am so much in the light that I forget that most of the world is still in a very dark place.

He teaches that the more we stay with grace, the more our blocks to the Light will disappear, so more light, more trust - but of course this has to be balanced with intellect and we have to learn from the lessons of the past - not to be oblivious and forget everything just to live in the moment. I don't think that's what living in the moment means, in a spiritual sense.

The here and now is about seeing things even more clearly, not being blissed out. Sometimes it takes time to heal before that kind of clarity can manifest.

And it is grace-as-a-challenge because I've been praying "God help me to be more forgiving. Help me to let go the past." And then this happens. This is my intelligent Universe responding to my prayer. It brings me into a situation where I am challenged to forgive. Do you see how this works? I guess I have to be more careful what I wish for.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:35 PM
Master
Fish Day 8 - from the Supreme to the Supreme

Sri Vasudeva introduced many profound subjects in this one talk. He spoke about what a true Teacher is, the one who can take us all the way to ultimate liberation (moksha), called a Satguru. He spoke about the Guru Principle that exists in fullness in each moment in such a being, that God-ordained guiding principle that exists within each of us in potential, unrealized, unexplored, not fully manifested, and veiled with layers of delusion. And he spoke about the power of transmission from the Source to the Source, from the Supreme to the Supreme through the pure/completely aligned magnet that is the Satguru in a process of energy transmission to those who are receptive, a process called Shaktipat.

He explores these subjects every year and any one of them could be the topic for an entire workshop in itself. I have touched on them elsewhere. Today I continue in sharing my personal journey using these wonderful talks that are also vehicles of Shaktipat, awakening the Guru Principle with me, in whatever form or quantity I am able to receive it.

Yesterday I had a flash of insight after I wrote about this horrible experience I had. It took a while to remember but I did remember, that it was a purging of toxic emotions that had built up for a long time in my heart chakra and in my brow chakra also. All that rage just needed a catalyst to come out, and I finally remembered that it was the Guru Principle at work because I am doing these 40 Days, and typically when I do them really connecting with that Satguru energy, it begins with some sort of purification so that I am more open to receive the light. So even the bad stuff is a sacred experience and when "bad things happen to good people" it is really the Guru Principle within that is being activated to purge anything negative, anything that is not "in alignment with" the Higher Self, the Divine, the God or Source being - whatever you think of this, that unites us. It is the same principle at work in a healing crisis during a spring cleanse. It is the same principle at work when there is an imbalance in Nature, when something has upset the ecosystem and Nature works to right itself. So this is what I went through. I don't know if it was enough at this point, but I now recognize it as a sign of progress.

Why? Because the rage is gone. The negative stinky thinking is gone. I feel more at peace. I feel like singing. I feel good. It's like I threw up. Now I feel better. Going through a spiritual self-discipline like I am doing now committed to the end to mid May (because I'm really combining three retreats in one), things can only get better and better as the energy builds up. As long as I stay in the self-discipline, to protect the light and keep out the negative.

So picking out the things that were relevant to me in today's talk, I remind myself:
Quote:
"It's a caring Universe, very caring. It is we in our imagination who give power to the darkness and the demons," Sri Vasudeva
I need to be very mindful of what goes into my astral body by stray thoughts and feelings coming up from inside of me or that I pick up from others outside of me. I need to also be mindful of what I am giving attention to. I love watching films on Netflicks at the end of the day but I'm going to have to give this up during the 40 Days if I am serious about reaping the maximum benefits of this spiritual self discipline. If I don't, then I am dreaming about the film and all the unspiritual things in the film that become thoughts and images in my mind and then I even go to sleep with them and they enter into my dreams and mingle with my own stuff, and finally settle down into my subconscious or causal field where the bottom feeders eat them and they become more toxic waste that will have to be purged later on. So if I don't feed the demons they won't disturb my meditation, and they won't create blocks to Kundalini's journey of ascension up my spine.

The Satguru, the Teacher who works with me whether he is doing it intentionally or not, because I am so connected to him, is accelerating this purging process for me - because I am studying his words, following the practices he suggests and I feel his energy move in me sometimes. So this shows the progress also. His guidance is much more than words and ideas. There is an energy transmission that takes place between teacher and student that continues throughout lifetimes accelerating the whole process.

Quote:
"That phenomenal transmission of energy that comes out of a pure need and readiness in the disciple, in the seeker, and flows FREELY from the master, just like the sun offers sunshine – that power is called shaktipat. It is in the descent of energy from the Supreme to the Supreme, not from man, not from master with ego to disciple but from Supreme to Supreme, Divine to Divine. [It is called] Shaktipat, and that is what I experienced on my journey," SV

There were many wonderful teachings embedded in the guided meditation he gave as well. When he gives these talks he picks up on all the needs of his entire audience. No one is left out - neither the beginner nor the advanced meditator. So there are many layers of meaning, which is why I return to the practice of the 40 Days year after year, decade after decade and still find new things in them that help me grow. They have become a kind of mantra for me. I think I know them by heart only to rediscover their magic and go deeper into their meanings each time I revisit them (and lately I'm thinking to just keep doing them every day of the year - wow! if life lets me do that). And this can only happen when I follow the practice, and become a proactive participant in my meditation process (what he calls being a "cocreator with the Universe").

During the meditation, now in a little more more purified, more receptive space than yesterday, I am able to download a little bliss from the Supreme because now a little pathway has been cleared in my heart and mind for the greater light to transmit to my little light. But if I am go farther than this, I need to engage my intellect and do all the energy exercises while connecting with Source, and stay in observation mode to sort of crank up the experiences a notch. For example,
Quote:
"The most powerful tool I have on the journey is the intellect that can help me to reason things out and I want to use this in the most powerful way in this moment. I want to observe everything that I can and I want to do so with the greatest vitality, with passion, with focus. I’m giving my ALL to this process. This moment I have no other desire but to unite with the Light within me, so I’m clearing my mind of unnecessary thoughts. If they come I’m not going to fight with them but I’m going to detach from them. And I will do that by focusing on silence, seeing silence as a space of all possibilities and seeking to experience that space from where thought arises. I want to understand the space fully. I want to tap into all the knowledge that is there that can lead me to understand what I am and the route of my existence," SV
Here in the meditation he is guiding me to engage my most important chakras - the navel, the heart and the brow, and the three knots they command - the physical, emotional and mental obstructions to waking up from the dream of life.

It was quite a realization for me many years ago, that I could and should engage my mind when I'm trying to silence my mind! I didn't understand why then, but I do now. Mind becomes silent when the Supreme is linking to the Supreme but as long as I can maintain that connection - meaning, that I deliberately send out spiritual energy and the Source sending me back greater spiritual energy in response - I can engage the intellect if I need to, to make small adjustments, when I need to (just as the yogis meditate in different asanas depending on the way energy needs to flow while they meditate - only I am making energy adjustments, not body adjustments). I (ego, ahamkar, the observer) just have to keep this intellect in check, sort of in the background so I don't disrupt the flow. The adjustments are to keep the flow flowing, and to open up to greater flow.
But the demons are always there because my causal field hasn't been totally cleared out yet. And when I go deep in meditation, when I connect to the light, I may for example start to get all kinds of answers to questions that have been "ON MY MIND" and that will engage my intellect in a distracting sort of way because my heart is not totally dying for God, there is still a part of me that is caught up in worldly things. So the self-discipline continues 24/7. It never stops. The promise we are given is that once Kundalini completes its journey in the crown chakra, that connection can never be broken. Seek first the glory of God and all the rest will be added later - all the wealth, all the happiness, all the self-mastery, all the peace, fulfillment and contentment - will come. I will no longer need to chase anything.

This is a long post so I'll stop now.

May your journey be blessed.
uma
Old 08-03-2017, 10:29 PM
Knower
Thanks Uma, I look forward to reading your abstracts as I'm sure do other silent but observant witnesses

I agree about the Netflix, athough I think certain shows could have an almost positive effect such as that named "Supernatural" which covers different topics, scenarios and beings. It is certainly important what mindset we possess, not only before sleep but also at the time of death. I guess they go hand in hand so do it right, and what we call death is rather an awakening.

Interestingly reading one of your paragraphs brought back a nice memory of visiting a space centre as a child, a memory that hadn't been visited in a while. Makes you wonder how many more are tucked away, it can't be all that bad I guess ;)

With your use of the word demon(s) I take it that you mean as a figurative speech, with it being your own internal negative thoughts.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." - Matthew 6:33 KJV