Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 29-03-2024, 04:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I was wondering why you keep mentioning Jesus here lol. Posting he had a healthy ego in this Buddhist section. I just thought you forgot what section of the forums you were in. I did that once.

No I didn't forget at all but seeing as 'The Bible' had been brought up in a Buddhist Thread and Jesus is mentioned in the Bible....
Mentioning that I personally feel through reading His Teachings that His ego was exceptionally Healthy is very different from desparaging Buddhism especially on a Buddhist Thread.
Old 29-03-2024, 04:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Wrong section mate. This is the Buddhism section. Easter is a Christian thing.

The 'Resurrection' of both The Buddha and Jesus although different showed the world one thing, that compassion is not only Universal but essential.That is something we all should/can celebrate in our own way.

The above is what I remember from chatting to a Roman Catholic Priest at my Buddhist Sangha....
Old 29-03-2024, 04:30 PM
Molearner

For all that we discuss the ego it is almost amusing to me how apparent it is that our every point of contention seems to be a clash of egos. Difficult to see a way around this other than to simply state and accept that we must agree to disagree….better to honor the freedom of others than to recruit ??…………:)
Old 29-03-2024, 05:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Wrong section mate. This is the Buddhism section. Easter is a Christian thing.

So this is not the Easter Eggo Section ? Did you know that Easter Eggs and Easter chocolate bunnies have their origins in Pagan rituals and Pagan times.
I googled that !

__________________________________________________ _____

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 29-03-2024, 05:25 PM
Master

Joe, the word mate is used over here like you use the word man

Eg. Hey man, how ya doin.
Old 29-03-2024, 05:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Joe, the word mate is used over here like you use the word man

Eg. Hey man, how ya doin.

No problem, I amended that post lol ...confusing times, didn't know Maisy is from your neck of the woods ?? !

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 29-03-2024, 09:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
So this is not the Easter Eggo Section ? Did you know that Easter Eggs and Easter chocolate bunnies have their origins in Pagan rituals and Pagan times.

Ah ha you got me there! I apologize! How would I know if you were posting about the "religious" Easter or the "pagan" one? Easter for a lot of people is just a nice day off work, take kids to an Easter egg hunt if you got any, maybe buy some usually shaped chocolate that magically shows up in stores at this holiday. A giant bunny in involved somehow. Xmas is Santa. No idea what in the heck Halloween is about. Free candy and witches are somehow linked.
Old 29-03-2024, 10:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
No problem, I amended that post lol ...confusing times, didn't know Maisy is from your neck of the woods ?? !

I googled it. Ah it's Australian. I was thinking it was a pirate thing or a sailor thing. Like in "First Mate." Another one that pops up online is calling people "Hun." I think that's Midwest USA. Oh wait I googled that too it says Hun, honey, darlin, etc are used by southern folks of all walks of life regardless of their gentlemanly stature.
Old 30-03-2024, 01:06 AM
Master
The general misperception I notice about mindfulness is people are under the impression that it is practiced to make things change, but it's actually practiced to see how things are. 'To see it as it is'.

We don't worry about things changing because everything changes anyway, and the idea is to be willing toward change, which is to say, exert no will upon what 'already is'.

This means it is extraordinarily simple: just observe.

I have noticed that this isn't natural to people because they always have to add on a little something to do, and it's pervasive in that just about every teacher can't talk about mindfulness without adding an activity to it. They'll say count the breaths or time the breath, control the rate and depth or something, just so you still feel like you are the one who makes something happen, the instigator of change, the person with volition.

Mindfulness is what happens prior, it is what 'already is', so the practice, given people are in perpetual action/reaction, is to stop and simply know 'this is what it's like'.

Last edited by Gem : 30-03-2024 at 10:57 AM.
Old 30-03-2024, 06:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
simply know 'this is what it's like'.

Residing in that way to be, do you think one could just call it emptiness? You are still fully there of course but not there as somebody or something, just aware of whatever is moment to moment.