Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 22-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Megamedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
You have the opposite perspective than me,

I think we see it exactly the same, we just use different labels. You know you are great, yet still you doubt that you are simply because of names. Jesus were no greater than any other, it is only the idea of him that is.
Old 22-10-2014, 11:00 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamedes
I think we see it exactly the same, we just use different labels. You know you are great, yet still you doubt that you are simply because of names. Jesus were no greater than any other, it is only the idea of him that is.

Ah yeah, you are probably right. Different labels, different definitions, etc, but same logic.

Good point ~ People just glorified Jesus, but he was just another human being.
Old 22-10-2014, 11:21 PM
Megamedes

I think it is interesting that you have a person that is recorded in history for his greatness, yet the modern world barely acknowledges him for his vision of a united world or his divinity. I of course talk about Alexander the Great. Then you have a person that there is no more than an idea about, he is worshiped as if he is something greater than anything else. Surely that is the mesmerizing quality of a great idea that grows beyond the realm in which it exist.
Old 23-10-2014, 01:55 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
From the topic of past lives, I start to wonder where my soul initially came from, and what was its purpose on planet Earth. Because logically, like you said, it is doubtful to have many historically famous past lives, therefore, the origin of those souls must be different than most other souls.

Knowledge of our origin or lineage or identity is not a necessity for growth, but it gives clarity. Sometimes growth may require a thorough understanding of ourselves. Aside from that, I am not particularly keen on knowing my past (mainly because I am afraid to hear more dubious stories). :P

The purpose is what you make of it, some just do it for something to do. It is the experiences in the end, the ups and downs on why people reincarnate. For this purpose knowing past lives are meaningless and even an hindrance.

For some they achieved power, and thus fame, through a little help, that being they aren't entirely human. In other words, they are a human version of a more "powerful" spirit, completely human in all means but being part of the spirit, may cause the spirit to seek to influence they to get at its own objectives. Although I am not sure about these, I have taken an interest with them, and have heard of them a few times from mediums and their guides.
Old 23-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSar
The purpose is what you make of it, some just do it for something to do. It is the experiences in the end, the ups and downs on why people reincarnate. For this purpose knowing past lives are meaningless and even an hindrance.

For some they achieved power, and thus fame, through a little help, that being they aren't entirely human. In other words, they are a human version of a more "powerful" spirit, completely human in all means but being part of the spirit, may cause the spirit to seek to influence they to get at its own objectives. Although I am not sure about these, I have taken an interest with them, and have heard of them a few times from mediums and their guides.

There are book knowledge and empirical/experiential knowledge. We reincarnate to gain the latter, as it is how we learn and understand best. But I think there are some souls who reincarnate just to try and to taste what it is like, not for the purposes of growth.

I have not encountered those spirits with a human encasement, and I don't wish to. I prefer to associate with beings of high vibrational frequency.
Old 31-10-2014, 08:08 PM
Jerimiah

The most profound and most important thing I have experienced in this life was through past life regression. I would like to hear other peoples stories on what they saw and went through.
I'd like to tell my story as well, as it changed my entire life, but feel that it would take to long and to some might be boring, but, no I didn't seek out a professional to do it. My wife some 30 years ago if I wanted to find out why I felt I had known her and constant de ja vu kind of things happening. She was a great psychic and reader. I agreed, and she tried several times to hypnotize me and take me back. Once she figured out that I didn't trust her enough, she told me how to do this myself. She went outside and locked the door behind her so I could feel perfectly safe.
I did place myself in a hypnotized state and immediately found myself in the 1600s, somewhere outside of London. She and I were married and very young. I instantly knew everything about our life, and to make a long story very short, I was responsible for her death through an accident on her horse. I felt so responsible that I took my own life. This Karma is what we both came back to settle although she didn't blame me. There are many things that came out of that regression that have helped me in this life, and I suggest you try it in your own way and time. I could write pages of details, but this is the short version. Many things that effected me up to that point in my life was due to what happened back then. Something I will never forget, nor want to.
Old 31-10-2014, 11:09 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerimiah
The most profound and most important thing I have experienced in this life was through past life regression. I would like to hear other peoples stories on what they saw and went through.
I'd like to tell my story as well, as it changed my entire life, but feel that it would take to long and to some might be boring, but, no I didn't seek out a professional to do it. My wife some 30 years ago if I wanted to find out why I felt I had known her and constant de ja vu kind of things happening. She was a great psychic and reader. I agreed, and she tried several times to hypnotize me and take me back. Once she figured out that I didn't trust her enough, she told me how to do this myself. She went outside and locked the door behind her so I could feel perfectly safe.
I did place myself in a hypnotized state and immediately found myself in the 1600s, somewhere outside of London. She and I were married and very young. I instantly knew everything about our life, and to make a long story very short, I was responsible for her death through an accident on her horse. I felt so responsible that I took my own life. This Karma is what we both came back to settle although she didn't blame me. There are many things that came out of that regression that have helped me in this life, and I suggest you try it in your own way and time. I could write pages of details, but this is the short version. Many things that effected me up to that point in my life was due to what happened back then. Something I will never forget, nor want to.

Wow! I love your story! Thanks for sharing!

That sounds like a karma at the soul level, between you and your wife. I have not met someone whom I felt like I had known for ages, but maybe because I am logical, and I know that I have only known the person for such and such a period.

It is nice that your wife let you do the hypnosis yourself. ^_^ Sometimes you need to find the truth yourself.

W.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:03 AM
Master

i do not believe in reincarnation. i do believe in incarnation.

when we exit a life, the life review is also a kind of download to the whole of the all. so all lives are accessible to any incarnating soul/spirit/being. so we can kind of read the biography of famous people and then we feel like it was "our" previous incarnation. these popular lives are read by many so many feel that they are connected.

when we enter a life, we look up what we might need in the life. kind of like packing a suitcase for a trip. our masters help us with the research. we kind of create a matrix our outline of a life with the building blocks of previous lives.

i, at one time, remembered a life where i was killed as i left a pub in England. i saw this life play in front of me as i ran into a new friend. she was a friend that was also killed that night. for a long time, i thought that was "MY" past life.

my teachers later explained to me that i chose this life because the dying thoughts of the lady was that she should not have taken to the mug so much. so fast forward to this life where i was born into a family that has addiction issues and yet, i never wanted to become attached to any of them.

this life needed to know that.

there is more, there is always more

kk
Old 02-11-2014, 03:01 PM
Master
Bunny

I was told that in one of my earliest lifetimes, I was a keeper and counsellor of Divine Knowledge in Rome, and that my lifetimes in the Medieval times were enjoyed immensely.

I am kind of skeptical because this lifetime seems to suck compared to my prior ones, but that may only be due to a shift in goals. To my understanding, I was just learning who I was back then, discovering things about myself.

Now, my supposed goal for this lifetime is to gain independence and accept responsibility for my actions. Be more disciplined and pragmatic, so of course my life isn't going to have the same flair as it did.

But that seems to be the way of soul development, the more you progress, the harder life seems to get. I've known a lot of people who have just been through absolute hell before becoming fully awakened.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
i do not believe in reincarnation. i do believe in incarnation.

when we exit a life, the life review is also a kind of download to the whole of the all. so all lives are accessible to any incarnating soul/spirit/being. so we can kind of read the biography of famous people and then we feel like it was "our" previous incarnation. these popular lives are read by many so many feel that they are connected.

when we enter a life, we look up what we might need in the life. kind of like packing a suitcase for a trip. our masters help us with the research. we kind of create a matrix our outline of a life with the building blocks of previous lives.

i, at one time, remembered a life where i was killed as i left a pub in England. i saw this life play in front of me as i ran into a new friend. she was a friend that was also killed that night. for a long time, i thought that was "MY" past life.

my teachers later explained to me that i chose this life because the dying thoughts of the lady was that she should not have taken to the mug so much. so fast forward to this life where i was born into a family that has addiction issues and yet, i never wanted to become attached to any of them.

this life needed to know that.

there is more, there is always more

kk

kk,

Your interpretation is very intriguing! I understand what you said. I could see it from your perspective too. I have also heard about the effects of people's (and animals') dying thoughts.

Thanks for sharing your fascinating story!