Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 27-05-2014, 03:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_Dreams

Astral Explorer...I know AP is not all unicorns and rainbows Im not as new as you have misread my posts, and Im no child or idiot thankyou.
I understand theres good and bad...but you dont! You only ever point out the bad...if you do actually know what you are talking about, I ask that you stop posting page long horror stories to newcomers to practicing AP, as you may scare them off the path they have chosen, which makes you the same as the monsters you promote so much in your posts. And I am not scared by your post, just thinking of others as Ive dealt with my own demons...if you are experiencing so many bad beings in AP you obviously need to higher your vibration as I dont have half the problems you speak about!

I never said you're an idiot or a child or anything of that nature. Clearly you think just because I am able to speak about things you either don't agree with, haven't experienced, or don't understand yet that I am doing so to belittle you, to make myself look better, or both. And that is not the case. It's almost like if someone mentions something you don't agree with or haven't experienced you see it as a personal insult which makes absolutely no sense. I don't only point out the bad though. When someone asks a question and the answers requires to me point out "the bad" then I do so just as if someone asks a question that the answer requires me to point out "the good" I do the exact same thing. I don't promote monsters nor am I one I simply offer people the entire truth instead of a left-sided delusional lie that is created and used by people who aren't ready to astral project and refuse to deal with their fears. The only reason I stated "if what I type scares you then you have more work to do" is because you said my response scared you and now you say it doesn't. Regardless if the thought of "the bad" scares you and/or hinders your astral projections then there are unresolved fears that need to be dealt with at some point, whether or not you choose to deal with them is completely up to you. I have experienced great things in my astral projections and not so great things, I speak about both of them in detail on a regular basis especially when people ask a question and one of my experiences can help with the answer.

With that said you didn't ask about my experiences in the light realms nor did your question involve anything of the such. You asked if a growl you heard was "your Guide." I responded with what I did because it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that even if "Guides" do exist they aren't going to growl at you. When someone asks a question I like to include every possibility into my answer which inevitably leads to me typing several lengthy paragraphs because unlike some people I prefer to give people the entire spectrum of what is possible instead of just a small and isolated one sentence response. I prefer to actually answer people's questions instead of responding with one or two sentences of opinion-based mumbo jumbo just so I can get another post added onto my record. So if you're incapable of reading an answer that is longer than a few words or sentences or you don't have the patience to do so then I apologize for answering the question you asked. But I would like to add that nearly every other time I have responded to others with similar lengthy responses and they had an open-mind they were thankful that I took the time to try and help them. You're the only person ever to complain about me answering their question which is pretty ridiculous but so be it. It's ignorant to say someone responded with uselessness when they take the time to respond to your question but that just seems like what all these self-proclaimed "light-workers" and "high-vibrational beings" tend to do so it's not surprising. It's always people with the lowest vibrations that point out to others that they need to raise their own vibration, it's just food for the ego so someone can feel like they have accomplished more than the next person. You claim I am a monster and spread negativity yet your ignorant response to me answering your question was more negative than anything I said in my answer to your question. It's just another case of ignorance hiding under the "high-vibrational" disguise all while being judgmental, hateful, and negative and it's not something I care to partake in. So don't take my advice and you go and pursue your growling "Guide" and see how that goes.
Old 27-05-2014, 08:03 PM
CNC

I'm in the "never seen a guide" boat also. I have met a few "maybes" at one time or another but I have never met a spirit guide. I would say there are friendly spirits out there (or at least ones that don't have a problem with astral traveling) but a guide that just greets you and shows you the ropes never happened for me.

Astral Explorer is not trying to scare you, he just has a lot of experience with the darker side of AP. There is a darker side, you can't just pretend it doesn't exist (there can not be a light without a dark, oldest saying in the book)....but sometimes these warnings can come off a little "threatening" to people who have never experienced it and don't believe that side of things.

You can go on projecting, thinking you will never encounter a spirit with harmful intentions, and you likely never will because you will never progress to a point where they are a threat. you can fly around the RTZ, think of places and manifest exact copies of them, make thought projections of your dead family/etc. and the second you see something that doesn't jive well you can tell yourself it's not real and end your projection. Although, the naturally curious, the risk takers, the ones who will never stop "exploring" will encounter many situations where things get real and they don't tell themselves it's all in their head, they don't purposely end the projection, and they want to see whats behind that door. Thats when you find out whats real and make believe ;) Don't get me wrong, it's easy to spook yourself with something thats no big deal, but there are things you need to face, and your state of mind will make all the difference.

Bottom line is you sound like you are just starting out. You shouldn't have to worry too much about this stuff yet but take the warnings and stick them in the back of your subconscious. That way when the time is right you won't just plug your ears and tell yourself it's not real. When you conquer a fear of the negative (the real way, not just by telling yourself it doesn't exist) the negative will find other ways to bother you, and make your projections unsatisfying. Sooner or later the more experience you get you WILL encounter something that obstructs you, be it a fear, a compulsion, or whatever, the negative side of things will exploit it. It will hit home and everyone will just say "it's all in your mind" or "ask your guides for help" or any number of things that will not work. If you are not somewhat prepared for it, you will plug your ears, tell yourself it's not real, and never see what was behind that next door. The further you go with things the more "obstacles" you encounter. They don't just go away unless you stop "going" further.

Fear and negativity and just as much a part of life as love and positivity. Astral Explorer may seem to focus on the negative at times but thats just experience talking....he wanted to see whats behind that door :)

Just my 2 cents, I've seen plenty of bad things that were nothing to worry about so I'm not trying to scare you either...but I've seen/encountered a few that were something to worry about and state of mind makes all the difference.
Old 28-05-2014, 07:03 AM
Master

This is what someone else wrote, not an author. I will not say where from as the moderators may not like it. The person said Once I realized I was the one manifesting negative stuff, I haven't experienced anything negative since.
Old 28-05-2014, 01:08 PM
CNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
This is what someone else wrote, not an author. I will not say where from as the moderators may not like it. The person said Once I realized I was the one manifesting negative stuff, I haven't experienced anything negative since.
Yes, it's true, you can manifest negative things. Nobody denies that. I have manifested many negative things, and once you overcome fears/etc they stop....but, what about when you encounter something negative and you are not afraid of it? Do you still think that is a manifestation? What happens when an entity exploits your own darker side or obstructs your path to become better? Although you have no "fear" of this thing, it doesn't look "scary" or "monstrous" but still presents an issue with you moving forward...just like in life, the dark exists and you have to be prepared to deal with it.

Negative manifestations happen early on in projections, once you pass that thought projection manifestation stage larger issues can present themselves and if you are not at least somewhat aware of this, it can hold you back. It can be a spirit that presents a passionate love but has darker intentions overall. They can seem nice but are not, not every spirit of course but it does happen. I always get cautious of repeat encounters with the same spirits for this reason. It's okay to be cautious, and it's okay to not believe every bad thing is in your head. My favorite saying "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he did not exist...." Don't live in fear, but don't live in denial either. Sooner or later a problem will present itself.

I had an issue when I was projecting, right when those first images would start to appear, I would be overcome with strange images in my subconscious. Things like me and my family drowning, other unsatisfying or impulsive images, but the annoying part was they really felt like they were not my own. They would just start popping up, things I was not afraid of, but you could tell that was the point of them, something was trying to spook me from afar. I would start to think about it on my own during the day and thats when I realized it was getting to me. One night while they were really becoming a nusance during the first few moments of my projection I followed the feeling of them. The closer I got, the feeling got stronger. No more than 10 feet from my projection point, I saw an entity. When it saw me it ran away. I haven't had that problem since, did I manifest that entire scenario? Only if I lived in doubt that the negative exists, and I don't.

I can't tell you what the motive of negative spirits are, some say it's an energy exchange thing and it very well may be. I don't know, but if you completely ignore it, then you are living in fear of it :)
Old 28-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Lorelyen

All this is getting out of hand. As Electric Dreams says, it'll put people off unnecessarily.

The bottom line is that if you run into trouble you simply open your eyes
if you can't back off in a more decorous way.

It would be worth contemplating why you had to back off but if that's uncomfortable, don't. But don't be put off.

When someone wakes up from a nightmare they're relieved - but that doesn't stop them going to sleep next night or later the same night.

(Relevant to me as something unexpected happened last night.
It's vital to go into these things knowing that scary as anything might seem, no harm will come to you -
at least, not physically.
If you're (in popular terms) unsound of mind, then don't astral travel.

New pathworkers/travellers must assure themselves they'll come to no harm. If you can't, don't do it.

Whatever entity you meet on the astral, treat it with great respect. Even the dark entities appreciate that, I can tell you)

Old 28-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
All this is getting out of hand. As Electric Dreams says, it'll put people off unnecessarily.

The bottom line is that if you run into trouble you simply open your eyes
if you can't back off in a more decorous way.

It would be worth contemplating why you had to back off but if that's uncomfortable, don't. But don't be put off.

When someone wakes up from a nightmare they're relieved - but that doesn't stop them going to sleep next night or later the same night.

(Relevant to me as something unexpected happened last night.
It's vital to go into these things knowing that scary as anything might seem, no harm will come to you -
at least, not physically.
If you're (in popular terms) unsound of mind, then don't astral travel.

New pathworkers/travellers must assure themselves they'll come to no harm. If you can't, don't do it.

Whatever entity you meet on the astral, treat it with great respect. Even the dark entities appreciate that, I can tell you)

What I am saying though is if me sharing the entire truth about what exists in these other worlds "puts someone off" then perhaps astral projection is not right for them at this current moment in time. Obviously I cannot tell someone they can or cannot project and nor would I ever straight up tell anyone what they can or cannot do. But I can certainly make suggestions and offer helpful advice regardless of if that advice may get misinterpreted as an insult or anything similar. The reason that I say this is that not believing in something, not paying attention to something, or not thinking about something is not a full-proof security measure at protecting yourself from what exists. Even if you don't believe in something, don't pay attention to it, and don't think about it that does not mean you will never encounter and/or experience it unfortunately. And so completely denying and/or acknowledging what you can and eventually likely will encounter in your projections is not doing you any favors, it is like never playing football and knowing absolutely nothing about football and then one day deciding to play a game with the professionals. But if you acknowledge something you are then able to learn about it and learning about it will not only teach you how to deal with it, it will also help deal with your fears. Honestly people not dealing with their fears usually lead to them having this extremely inflated idea of what exists in some of the lower-vibrational realms and once they learn the truth about it they realize how silly their fears were.

You mentioned that these beings cannot harm you. Well that completely depends upon what your definition of harm is honestly. They can certainly cause pain in your astral body but the pain doesn't linger as long as it would in the physical and even if it does linger you can just do what you said and open your eyes and end the projection. I often wonder what happens when we don't have that luxury though? We're basically training and conditioning ourselves to do something that probably will not be possible once we die and so we'll be defenseless and helpless most likely if we have to spend some time in the Umbral after death which most people do. Also dark-beings can do other things to you like creating attachments to your astral body and other things. Some people believe they can create sickness in your astral body which leads to sickness in your physical body and also mental illness, that is debatable so I won't speak anymore of that though. I don't talk about what I talk about with the intentions of scaring people, maybe it's my fault for thinking others who are astral projecting have already dealt with their fears when they haven't. Having dealt with my fears and resolved them it is blatantly obvious to me how important that is before we start delving into astral projection and so I often expect others have done the same. But regardless I am not going to sugarcoat things nor am I going to lie just because someone hasn't and/or refuses to face their fears. If I do scare them which is not my intentions maybe it will give them the necessary realization that they need to deal with their fears as soon as possible. I don't talk about the dark-entities unless it is involved in the question someone asked or I am speaking about my own personal experiences though. But Electric got mad when I went out of my way to give her a knowledgeable and lengthy response to the specific question she asked which leads to me believe she just wanted someone to lie to her and say that her "Guide" growled at her. But honestly that notion would cause more damage and be far more dangerous than anything I have said regarding the entities that exist out there and so instead I gave her the honest truth no matter how ugly and unpalatable it may be.
Old 31-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Pathfinder

Something I read, written by an author with whom I generally agree, mentioned that these demons we fight with are actually something we perceive to be evil within ourselves. I wonder if we have negative or painful astral experiences, are we really just punishing ourselves? If that's the case, then maybe the key is to forgive ourselves. Just as it is the key in so many other areas of our spiritual growth.
Old 31-05-2014, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
I often wonder what happens when we don't have that luxury though? We're basically training and conditioning ourselves to do something that probably will not be possible once we die and so we'll be defenseless and helpless most likely if we have to spend some time in the Umbral after death which most people do.

That may not necessarily be the case. In almost all accounts of NDEs there's no mention of spending any time at all in Umbral, or lower astral regions. Only a very tiny percentage of those who experienced an NDE (maybe about 2%) have described dark lower regions. I often wonder if that could be the reason for the archetypal "Dark Tunnel" experienced by almost all of those who'd had an NDE? Meaning that 'tunnel' could possibly represent speedy transportation through areas with heavier vibration? ('Lower' Astral situations.)

Also bear in mind that these people who report such events are usually quite ordinary people -not all interested in spiritual or religious ideals, pre-NDE. Generally, they haven't done energy work, they haven't consciously tried to raise their vibrations, or meditate. Some of them are children who haven't even consciously heard of all those things.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the 'astral world' we go to when projecting differs in some way from the zones we end up in after physical 'death'.
Old 31-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy111
Something I read, written by an author with whom I generally agree, mentioned that these demons we fight with are actually something we perceive to be evil within ourselves. I wonder if we have negative or painful astral experiences, are we really just punishing ourselves? If that's the case, then maybe the key is to forgive ourselves. Just as it is the key in so many other areas of our spiritual growth.

Not sure that trying to rationalise stuff like this helps. It's nice to rationalise numinal/metaphysical things, gives us the feel that we "understand" the cause/effect but that doesn't help much if you encounter malign entities on the astral.

What do you do about them?

One thing that is so woefully missing from the outpourings of the New Age Spiritual industry is how to deal with anything that really gets to you, projections of your subconscious or not.

I suppose some of these authors realise they wouldn't sell their books if they said "There are dangers"/"things can go wrong..." so they say nothing about that, nor ways to protect yourself and to deal with, to engage with these entities, find out what they want. They may just be displaced. They may wonder what you're doing in their domain. In pathworking they may say that you've strayed off the path. (Such a thing happened to me the other night.)

This is why it's worth reviewing any malign event, whether you had to back out or not.

It matters not a jot whether the apparent evil comes from within you as an entity; as an effect of that entity being there (some malignance of attitude or acts from your past) or a subconscious fear of not being able to handle it in real life, something you don't want to face up to about yourself. Could be many things. But if it is something from within you then until you deal with it, it won't go away and will impede your spiritual development sooner or later.

The trouble is "words". We can play with words, find reasons, describe these things in any number of ways, but whatever they are, wherever they come from they're out there.

Most people won't meet anything anywhere near "evil" unless they're looking for it.

As I've said elsewhere, the bottom line: if you don't like what's going on, don't think you can handle it - just back out. Open your eyes.

But a few of us know that these entities exist on the astral independent of the traveller so they aren't always generated by us.

Last edited by Lorelyen : 31-05-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:58 AM
Knower
Hi all. Thankyou all for posting.
Astral I never meant I was scared, I was mocking you. The whole purpose of me starting this thread was to speak freely to you about your constant "warnings" to new astral projectors. I know full well that there is good and bad with everything, but to make such a point of the negative aspects is not as helpful as turning a negative post into a possitive one, as there are also alot of possitive out there too. But as you post such large negative responses on nearly everyones thread it tends to outshine everyone elses reassuring advice and experience.
As you know, I first posted this experience as a reply to someone elses post when it first occured...I didnt need to make this thread, I did so solely to make my point as I knew exactly what you were going to say.

Thankyou to everyone else for your insights and sharing its nice to know not everyone is stuck in the lower realms ;)
⭐��⭐