Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 20-12-2012, 07:15 AM
LadyImpreza1111

Just the way you described this dude reminds me of someone I was into about 4 years ago. I too am an empath and it sucks royally when you are affected by someone else's emotions. If you are not careful, people can bring you down. So my advice is just be careful. If you think its a bad idea, then it probably is............unless you are one of those people who can block other people's emotions and in that case, you probably wouldn't have to worry as much.

Yes, I know it is second nature to be drawn to people you want to help but you also have to find the distinction between wanting to help people and feeling like you need to "save" them. That was exactly how I used to be when it came to the guy I first mentioned. I couldn't help him. I couldn't "save" him. He used my compassionate nature to manipulate me. He was manipulative to everyone he was with or had feelings for. I also contemplated suicide because of all his dark moods. There was also one particular New Years where he threatened suicide if I didn't meet up with him at a restaraunt so I drove way quicker than I should have in icy road conditions and almost ended up getting myself killed skidding through the intersection on a red light. He said months later he wasn't really going to do. He just said he would to get me to meet up with him.

Now I'm a lot more careful about who I choose to help.
Old 20-12-2012, 07:17 AM
LadyImpreza1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle
Maybe you two should take a break to give him some more time to heal. It is hard to have a relationship with someone who is focused on the pain of a past relationship.

Yup. I also learned that if you are really interested in someone..........don't be their therapist. I have learned that in most cases, you'll help them and prepare them for the next chick that comes along. It has happened to me sooooo many times!