Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 10-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element 5
In my situation, I didn't figure it all out because I'm more drawn to the fairytale side of it. In fact that was more of a reason why I didn't believe it for so long. It sounded like a movie, so unreal and make believe. I am female, but I'm very down to earth and realistic about the world around me. The reason I am here on this forum, or even started researching online to begin with was because I couldn't describe or understand what on earth was happening to me. It was beyond explanation. I knew I couldn't be the only one, that's why I googled it. And it didn't take long to find out about the concept and all the similarities to it that affected me. Even with that and talking to people who felt like I did and had all these little miracles happening to them too...I STILL didn't fully believe. It took a long time to get to the point I am at now. If I had been male...I can't say for sure, but I highly doubt I would have proceeded the same way. Men don't normally tend to google the way they feel. And I know a couple of tf couples in which the man still doesn't truly know what the connection means. They only know how they feel and they leave it at that.
you are right @ element5 it still sounds like it came from the movies its like a fairytale waiting to happen thats why i'm skeptical.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
I agree with you about unconditional love. Human love requires conditions. That is because it is so easy to give away our power and our well being to another human.

Women tend to show more interest in this subject because they are the primary choice maker when it comes to romantic relationships. They have the better intuitive understanding, when they are actually using it, for knowing when a relationship will work. It is true there can be a fairytale mindset, however that wishful thinking will shift once a gal gets serious about selecting a partner.

In my view, the key quality to cultivate prior for relationship evaluations, is self awareness. Knowing the self at a deep level would actually eliminate all grief in a woman's life. She would know intuitively how to avoid relationships destined to fail. This seldom happens because most are on that karma wheel/adventure. For to know the true self at a deep level is to step into self empowerment and master-ship.

I hope that my thoughts and my beliefs on this will be helpful.

John
thanks @ john32241 i agree that women do have a fairytale minset at times i'll check out your website.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulLife
Dont' let your ego convince you that you are wrong and that its because you're a female that you believe in this "fairy tale" concept. Women are more intuitive at birth and more open to discuss feelings espeically feelings that would put them in a vulnerable position. That is the main reason why you see more females than males here. You'll see the same thing at a yoga studio or any other spiritual practice. Where women are also more willing to work on themselves while men would rather deny there is anything that needs to be fixed.

i agree with @ beautiful life sometimes men like to think that expressing themselves makes them less of a man if they express themselves.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsymystique
I think what you are observing in this forum is that women are more prone to discuss it, which is just typical of the gender. Also, women think more about relationships in general than men.
you hit the nail on the head with that one. i gusse becase when i started studying upon soulmates & twinsouls on the internet women seem to have more insight on the subject.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Master
thank you all for the advice i appreciate it and i learn from your advice :)
Old 10-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Lauraye

I do think that it can mean a lot to a woman to find her soul mate and connect with someone on a deep emotional level but I also think that when a man really does love a woman he too can find a partner, a soul mate and his best friend and when he does he never wants to loose her... Threw time he sees her qualities shine threw, being a lover, a friend and mother to his kids!! I think we are capable of unconditional love no matter your gender and I think that is what can help us stay on track and helps us grow as individuals!! Endurance and commitment also help to believe in each others love, time is a factor too! So altho woman express themselves more I think that men have these devoted feelings they just like to keep them a bit more private. I am a hopeless romantic tho.....
Old 11-10-2012, 01:05 AM
Master
what am i, chopped liver?
Old 11-10-2012, 03:30 AM
Experiencer
Men want love just as much as women. The problem is when a man loves, he LOVES. But, women, we can heal from heartbreak easier (for the most part, not trying to generalize). Thus, it seems to make sense that when a man finds TRUE love, he would generally be that much more afraid because the loss to him would be that much more painful. Yes, TFs do sound a bit like fairytales, but in a fairytale the man comes in and saves the woman who can't save herself. In TF relationships we learn we are completely capable on our own, which IMO is the complete opposite of fairytales. But I think fairytales resonate with certain people so much because there is something inside us that is searching for that type of love. We don't search for that type of love just because we were exposed to fairytales.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRayne
The problem is when a man loves, he LOVES... [W]hen a man finds TRUE love, he would generally be that much more afraid because the loss to him would be that much more painful.
Your post is nice, I like it. But I don't understand parts of it.
When a man loves, he LOVES...how is that a problem??
Also, though I maintain plausible deniability to direct knowledge of it, it seems that TRUE love brings with it the realization that it can never be lost.
Across ten-thousand years, through countless re-incarnations, once established, isn't "true love" eternal and undeniable??
jaq
Old 11-10-2012, 05:11 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
as if women are prone into the fairytale mindset that someone is waiting for them on the otherside or there is this unconditional person who loves you for you.

I don't think I've ever had these thoughts (or similar thoughts) and I'm female. I pretty much had no opinion about soul connections until just a few years ago when I read Michael Newton's and Brian Weiss' books. After reading those book, my opinion now is that we have soul groups, people we reincarnate over and over with again and again, and these are our soul mates. My opinion on twin souls is that each soul is born/created as an individual and it never splits, so i don't think twin souls exist; or if they do exist, it is an ultra rare occurrence, so extremely rare that probably 99.99% of people on earth do not have a twin soul. So as you can see, I really don't have a fairy tale mind set, lol and never have.