Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 28-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Mayflow

I have to honestly say that I don't think I even know how not to be happy anymore. It is just so easy to say well, I'll just be happy now. You don't really need an outside cause to just decide internally to do that.

I think Shabby said something before about you don't need this or that to be happy. Doesn't mean you can't have lots of good things, but things come and go and you get new things and new experiences. You can look at everything this way - It's the beautiful flow of a beautiful life which with I have been graciously blessed.
Old 28-01-2012, 02:34 AM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
I have to honestly say that I don't think I even know how not to be happy anymore. It is just so easy to say well, I'll just be happy now. You don't really need an outside cause to just decide internally to do that.

I think Shabby said something before about you don't need this or that to be happy. Doesn't mean you can't have lots of good things, but things come and go and you get new things and new experiences. You can look at everything this way - It's the beautiful flow of a beautiful life which with I have been graciously blessed.

I believe you and am truly happy for you Mayflow : )
Old 05-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Master
So what do you do when you deal with depression and it sucks it away, no matter how many times a day you do the happy dance?

I've tried to fake happiness and the more I do, the worse I felt, simply because something else was going on and in the way and I couldn't move it.
Old 20-02-2012, 12:13 AM
midnightstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
So what do you do when you deal with depression and it sucks it away, no matter how many times a day you do the happy dance?

I've tried to fake happiness and the more I do, the worse I felt, simply because something else was going on and in the way and I couldn't move it.

Exactly Sarian, I'm currently dealing with depression as well
Old 20-02-2012, 01:35 AM
Shabby

Hey Sarian and Dylon,
I am no expert on depression but I do have the experience to back up what I am going to tell you.

I had suffered from depression for many years and in 2000 I had what one could call a nervous breakdown. I sought professional help. I was diagnosed with severe depression and was put on prosaic.

My depression was so bad that I could barely take care of my kids and my husband had to give me showers. I spent most of my day laying in bed with the blanket over my head.

About three months into taking prosaic and going every week to a counselor, I had the thought that no one and nothing is going to help me. I had to do this on my own. I had no clue how, so I just started to say to myself...no I am not depressed. I continued to go to bed and hide, but I noticed that the times I spent in bed eventually became shorter and the times I went to bed became fewer. Until one day depression disappeared completely. It took a few weeks but I did it.

And I faked it...until I made it. Depression is a belief and a belief can be counteracted upon, but it sometimes takes time and patience before we can see the result of a prayer or affirmation.

What ever path you choose to take, stick with it and don't give up, have faith and it will come to pass.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Pegasus

I read something about this recently. I t was not a 'short cut' as such, but part of the path, I guess.... It said along the lines of until you are happy in the here and now, you will not be ready to move on so appreciate what you *have* got and it will lead to what you have not got, but what you want...

hope that makes sense?
Old 08-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Moon on Water

To me being happy is knowing that everything is as it's meant to be for my growth. I create my world. Therefore there's no one to hate or blame and my "problems" are not problems but opportunities for understanding and realisation. The key is acceptance. God bless!
Old 26-05-2012, 10:04 PM
she who plays

RE:

There are layers to this. On the one hand we shouldn't be attached to results. If one sets any artificial timeline then frustration will surely arise because the ego is trying to control the outcome. On the other hand, if we simply focus on the process and KNOW that the change will happen then we already have the shortcut. The whole concept of manifestation is like shortcut anyway! Why should one always adhere to the rules and doctrines of society, when the laws of the universe, of Goddess, are meant to be much more straight-forward? ;-)

Regarding hapiness, I don't think it is good to force it. Creating a habit out of being happy will eventually make you agitated as you always depend on having this constant high. Eventually you may become sad again. True happiness is natural, flowing from the knowledge of 'I AM'. One accepts the whole (happy-sad).

And to become MORE happy (In a natural way) we need to take action to improve our circumstances and throw away any physical or mental restrictions. The physical does have an impact on the degree of happiness we experience. Other people can also be obstacles. Doesn't mean we can't be happy in the meantime, but also doesn't mean we can't become more happy either.
Old 28-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Samsakra

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrgn-whre
There are layers to this. On the one hand we shouldn't be attached to results. If one sets any artificial timeline then frustration will surely arise because the ego is trying to control the outcome. On the other hand, if we simply focus on the process and KNOW that the change will happen then we already have the shortcut. The whole concept of manifestation is like shortcut anyway! Why should one always adhere to the rules and doctrines of society, when the laws of the universe, of Goddess, are meant to be much more straight-forward? ;-)

Regarding hapiness, I don't think it is good to force it. Creating a habit out of being happy will eventually make you agitated as you always depend on having this constant high. Eventually you may become sad again. True happiness is natural, flowing from the knowledge of 'I AM'. One accepts the whole (happy-sad).

And to become MORE happy (In a natural way) we need to take action to improve our circumstances and throw away any physical or mental restrictions. The physical does have an impact on the degree of happiness we experience. Other people can also be obstacles. Doesn't mean we can't be happy in the meantime, but also doesn't mean we can't become more happy either.
I totally agree, forcing happiness isn't really the way. But from depression one can feel rage and from rage feel frustration. From frustration to hope and from hope to contentment, step by step this took me out of depression and wanting to end my life. Now I live between contentment and happy. Thank you Abraham xxx