Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark

I've been celibate for over 10 years now and at the beginning of this year i went in even deeper and turned off all sexual activity.

[/color][/color]

Got a question for ya AC, though you are celibate, do you get spontaneous erections, morning wood or erections brought on by non-sexual contact with female or any other kind of erections? In other words do erections of all kinds completely cease when you are celibate? If not, which kinds manifest?
Old 02-12-2011, 05:02 AM
Guide
Kamal,
I wish you well on your journey.

Alternate Carpark,
I found a lot of what you said interesting and very enlightening. I think you hit the nail on the head with this statement:
"To understand why oneself believes such and such is more important that the belief itself. If your goal is to abstain from things you do not like, self awarness, self understanding is a foundational must."

I believe that understanding ourselves helps us along our journey. A lack of that basic understanding can make it impossible to move forward along the path we want to travel.

When you are with a group of people, Kamal, do you follow or do you lead? When you are ask a question like; where would you like to eat tonight, do you answer more often than not, "It doesn't matter." If you answered yes to these questions then perhaps Alternate Carpark is right about becoming more self aware. Learning why you do things is the only way to know whether you should or should not continue them. Understanding your core being is the most important self discovery we can make. We learn new things about ourselves all the time but our "Core Being" that thing that makes us uniquely who we are, that doesn't change. Understand that and you can answer a lot of those nagging questions about why you do certain things a certain way. Again I wish you well and I will send good thoughts your way.

Peace and Light,
SC
Old 02-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
Got a question for ya AC, though you are celibate, do you get spontaneous erections, morning wood or erections brought on by non-sexual contact with female or any other kind of erections? In other words do erections of all kinds completely cease when you are celibate? If not, which kinds manifest?
And a darn good one too SeaZen.
When I was still 99.something% celibate, morning wood was common.
Any other erections were soley due to sexual thoughts.
Any type of contact with females did not unconsciously produce any because all awake erections were created by thought.
If i did not think, the body would not respond. If I thought, the body would respond.

The first thing I noticed in my 100% celibacy is no more morning wood, or any other unconscious manifestations.
I can now also look at a woman's norty bits( thankyou monty python) without a speck of sexual desire or thought manifesting.

It's a rather odd, surreal, liberating experience to specifically look "that way" at a woman and have no sexual feelings, thoughts or physical manifestaions, unconscious or conscious ones.

Odd because, as you may well ponder, current society is so sexual.
And here i am, in this sexual world without any sexuality manifesting.

Some days, i laugh, and think, "Oh my, what have i done to myself."
It is an interesting experience that's for sure.

And I do contemplate if there is supression\denial of natural feelings and urges going on.
But I reason that when one supresses or denies, it will build up and find another way to explode out.
I look within and sense no build up.
The sexual part of me is simply turned off. <-- haaar double word score !
Old 02-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCarrier
I believe that understanding ourselves helps us along our journey. A lack of that basic understanding can make it impossible to move forward along the path we want to travel.

Learning why you do things is the only way to know whether you should or should not continue them. Understanding your core being is the most important self discovery we can make. We learn new things about ourselves all the time but our "Core Being" that thing that makes us uniquely who we are, that doesn't change. Understand that and you can answer a lot of those nagging questions about why you do certain things a certain way. Again I wish you well and I will send good thoughts your way.

Peace and Light,
SC
Thankyou SC, though I don't claim to be right. I'm abit of a fuss pot when it comes to claims of right and wrong.
It's just what i have discovered to work really well, so you yourself have expressed nicely above.

I look at it this way.

There is this vast infinite reality, and humanity goes off exploring all manner of physical and metaphysical things within it.
Now a % of spirituality is focused on Oneness and how the self merges with the one source and individual self disappears type things.

And I'm like, hello, source\god\oneness has made you an individual for a reason.
I for one want to find out.
~laughs~ "I for one, and one for all."
Old 02-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Deactivated Account

The feeling of (physical) pleasure is simply natures way of rewarding us/ wanting to make us continue the species.

It is society that has made it the dirty thing it is that makes us feeling like we are doing something wrong. Only recently it has been a big no-no unless you are married and this mind set will take a while to disappear as parents who were tought it teach it to their children.

Also, I have wondered recently if the emotional need to be close is the tail end of the feelings of the soul wanting to connect with another in a none-physical/sexual way. Maybe the energy release is a wish to energetically connect with another and this is the only way our physical bodies can release that energy?

Societies idea of this topic has intrigued me from the idea of being the devils work to the latest in thing for teenagers 'how can you not do it?!' i see on websites.

I decided to go a similar way as Alternative Carpark just to prove it can be done! That.. and I am an old romantic and dont like the idea of throwing myself round like the town bike....
Old 02-12-2011, 10:29 AM
MMM

male babies pleasure themselves IN VITRO
cut it down to twice or three times a week if you must - best way to do that is GET A LIFE

get rid of the guilt
miss hepburn's idea is golden
Old 02-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
male babies pleasure themselves IN VITRO
cut it down to twice or three times a week if you must - best way to do that is GET A LIFE

get rid of the guilt
miss hepburn's idea is golden
I am a tad unclear of what you've said MMM. what does Kamal need to do to get a life?
Old 02-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athymari
That.. and I am an old romantic
Same here Athymari. When I was madly in love with my wife, it was romantic heaven.
And now here I am, still a deep romantic, but celibate.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
Thankyou SC, though I don't claim to be right. I'm abit of a fuss pot when it comes to claims of right and wrong.
It's just what i have discovered to work really well, so you yourself have expressed nicely above.

I look at it this way.

There is this vast infinite reality, and humanity goes off exploring all manner of physical and metaphysical things within it.
Now a % of spirituality is focused on Oneness and how the self merges with the one source and individual self disappears type things.

And I'm like, hello, source\god\oneness has made you an individual for a reason.
I for one want to find out.
~laughs~ "I for one, and one for all."

I simply meant to say that I agreed with the statement you made. I will be careful in the future about saying right and wrong; at least in regards to yours or other peoples post. Thank your for pointing that out.

Peace and Light,
SC
Old 02-12-2011, 01:13 PM
mattie

Masturbating Very Normal For This Age Group

It’s entirely natural for a 16 year old male to masturbate. At 16 guys have allot of hormones kicking in. If you’re masturbating 20 times a day, this would be allot, but once daily isn’t a big deal at all. Once daily is not even remotely in the category that would merit being classified as an addiction. An addiction would have elements like MANY times a day or interrupting normal activities to HAVE to do it, like HAVING to masturbate between classes at school. It’s the ultimate safe sex!

There is no need to feel guilt about this.

You’re the one who is in charge of this. If you don’t want to do it, don’t. This may be a useful way to begin to take charge of your energies. Exercise can be a useful way to burn off excess energy.