Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 11-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Deactivated Account

hi OpenMindedFellow, I did google it and wow ! Very beautiful crystal !

I just about fell out of my chair when I saw the prices !!

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 12-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Dawn

O.o Spiritlite, you can do that with a stone or crystal?? Really??
Old 12-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Master
Yes dawn also good idea I will try to meditate with my wands
Old 12-07-2011, 01:35 AM
iolite

Aren't these quartz dyed as well as man made? While they are exquisitely beautiful, I wonder about the effectiveness. Also, just came to mind...Atlantis. Aren't they supposed to have used lab created quartz?

As far as wands go..make your own. I made a 12" 1 inch diameter power wand and a 1/2" diameter 12 inch chakra wand that got pinched right out of my house. My power wand is wrapped with a leather strip but the chakra wand was left bare (both copper pipes) and had gem cabs glued on it for each of the chakras.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Master
I have to take a pic one of these days of my wands and show them to you guys, but right now not feeling too hot emotionally not doing well....soon though....just give me a nudge one of you guys in a few days and I'll post it.
Spiritlite.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Likes2Read

I have just gotten into wire wrapping glass and quartz wands and jewelry. My hope is to put them on Etsy, to supplement my income since I"m working multiple part-time jobs that, even combined, pay very little. I figured if I can create something that's not only an item of value, but will be beneficial to its new owner into the bargain, everybody wins.

The first thing I did was make one of each style to use for myself, so I could get a feel for the best way to use them. One has a natural quartz point on each end, and the other has a quartz sphere on one end and a natural quartz point on the other. They are both about 8.5" long.

I used the sphere-and-point one to help balance my chakras, which hadn't been tended to for a long while and were in dire need. Then I used the double-terminated one to treat some lower back pain and elbow pain that had been bothering me pretty persistently for the past few months. The doctor was willing to give me a cortisone shot for my problems last spring, but I held off because I really hate getting injections. Well, a couple of uses of the DT wand to "draw out" some blockages and get everything flowing as it should, and goodbye back and elbow pain. Thank you, God, I won't need a cortisone shot after all! :)

What's really interesting is that I'd never used a DT wand before, nor would I even have thought to make one if not for a suggestion from one of the posters on Aeclectic Tarot's Crystal forum. This is what I love about discussion forums. Someone always seems to come into the conversation with a POV that gives me a whole new way of looking at things. And now I can look at things without being distracted by back and elbow pain. :) WIN.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:36 AM
scorpiowitch66

Very pretty! I got a nice feeling from them too :0)
Old 03-09-2011, 03:25 PM
mattie

Read Text VERY Carefully

misposted...... Oops. Posted twice.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:29 PM
mattie

Read Text VERY Thoroughly

I looked at the crystalwings.com link suggested by OpenMinded Fellow. While the page shows the owner, Bill Hurley, standing behind a massive natural crystal cluster, this doesn’t mean anything more than he had this photo taken at a natural crystal supplier or another retail shop.

When I checked out the crystalwings.com site, the ‘Master Healing Wand,’ Unconditional Love’ has the stiff price of $980 & a size of 5-5/8 in. X 1-7/8 in. X 1-5/8 in. An 8” crystal, ‘The Redwood’ is priced at $5300.

These crystals are cut, so the configurations aren’t natural. I have no idea if the milling increases or decreases the crystal's potential.

It could be that the prices are valid for some sort of very high quality natural quartz that is then precision milled by crystal cutters, but I’m skeptical that an optically perfect crystal is manufactured leaded crystal, just like a wine glass or cultured crystal (non-lead) that is laboratory grown. $980 for a piece of manufactured lead crystal would be high for a piece the size noted above. It’s my understanding that all natural crystal, even the highest quality has visible natural inclusions or little bubbles, but I’m not lapidary expert or gemologist.

Some crystal pictures on this site look like a real crystal w/ inclusions.

The name ‘Ruby Lavender Quartz’ shows a trademark. It states it is, ‘Pure quartz is enhanced with an occasional molecule of a rare earth element, empowering the crystal with this beautiful, heart chakra healing color.’ I would be really surprised if this wasn’t manufactured cultured quartz. Under the heading, ‘What Is Ruby Lavender Quartz’ it states ‘I am told the stone was created in the 1980's by the US government for ... . The experiment, apparently unsuccessful, was discontinued and under the threat of being destroyed the crystal was stored for many years.’ This seems to admit it is cultured, although he states, ‘However Ruby Lavender™ is NOT a lab grown quartz. & ‘Honestly, I am not very concerned about the origin of Ruby Lavender™. As most things of mystery, "origin" concerns are lost once the stone is touched and the spiritual connection to other dimensions is realized.’ He doesn’t reveal how he ended up w/ having the entire supply of this US government crystal. The page, ‘The Lost Stone of Atlantis’ implies that it is from Atlantis w/ the carefully worded, ‘Said to have been the "Lost Stone of Atlantis" ...’ & this is more than a little odd after the comment that it was ‘created’ by the US government. This makes me very skeptical.

The pages ‘Authentic Vogel Crystals’ & the Ruby Lavender are the only healing wand pages w/ any mention of quartz crystal & it does not note that this is natural quartz crystal. That it isn't stated clearly doesn't mean that it isn't natural crystal, but it certainly bears close examination, particularly given the price. The other pages note things like crystal beings. Crystal beings could be leaded manufactured crystal.

The site notes no refunds or exchanges.

'Many experienced rock collectors can tell if a crystal is real quartz through careful examination. They examine the crystal for small naturally accruing abnormalities (man-made crystals are usually flawless, without abnormalities). Natural quartz crystals will have areas with small cracks, cloudiness or areas where other minerals are forming."

Read more: How to Tell If Quartz Crystals Are Real | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5753956_tell...#ixzz1Wu5Ol0zd

Quartz Crystal Authenticity-
http://www.ehow.com/how_5753956_tell...tals-real.html

Manufactured crystal- http://www.ehow.com/about_6403557_le...factured_.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartz
http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pu...ica/810494.pdf
http://www.4timing.com/techquartz.htm

Manufactured Healing Crystals-
http://www.vogelcrystals.net/Hydrothermal.htm
http://www.geminlove.com/content/hydrothermal-quartz

I have no idea whether natural crystals or manufactured cultured crystals are more effective for energy work.

8” cultured healing crystal-
http://sites.google.com/site/yellows...nesis-crystals

This site shows that manufactured cultured crystals are being made in the size that would be healing wands.

I once asked a store clerk if a purse was leather as I didn't see this noted. They commented if it was, they would be happy to say so. Crystal could be leaded manufactured crystal, cultured lab crystal, or naturally formed crystal. The more popular something like this is, EXPECT loads of scams & claims that are solely meant to move product. A high price doesn't necessarily mean authenticity.

Out of curiosity I called the store today, asking if they had cultured lab-made crystals which I (supposedly) wanted. They have one in stock, but it isn’t on their internet site. It’s 13 sided & $1250. The employee said they specialize in natural crystals. When I lightly quizzed her about it being my understanding that all natural crystals had little flaws (bubbles, inclusions) she said that they have to find the clear areas in large crystals for the ones that are clear.

Last edited by mattie : 03-09-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:32 PM
mattie

Read Text VERY Carefully

misposted.....