Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-01-2018, 07:30 AM
Master
Hmmmm....

Where does the delineation exist between the self being who/what it thinks it is and the self being God, even if the self thinks/believes it is God?

Isn't this the apple that Adam and Eve ate? thinking they are God themselves (spurred on by some kundalini-serpent somewhere)?

I don't believe for one moment that I am God, despite others saying 'you don't need to believe it because that is what you ARE'.

I mean, I don't recall creating the universe...I cannot part oceans, make bushes to burn...do all those things.

From what I understand I'm only a small part of God's creation and I have the soul/spirit within me that God, Jehova made a likeness of, in His own image (spiritual image) but that's not to say a 'likeness' is exactly the same as what it is likened to.

I was offering God some frangipanni flowers this morning going; 'heaven forbid I come to realise that I am you, because to whom will I offer flowers in future with so much love?'
Old 07-01-2018, 08:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Hmmmm....

Where does the delineation exist between the self being who/what it thinks it is and the self being God, even if the self thinks/believes it is God?

Isn't this the apple that Adam and Eve ate? thinking they are God themselves (spurred on by some kundalini-serpent somewhere)?

I don't believe for one moment that I am God, despite others saying 'you don't need to believe it because that is what you ARE'.

I mean, I don't recall creating the universe...I cannot part oceans, make bushes to burn...do all those things.

From what I understand I'm only a small part of God's creation and I have the soul/spirit within me that God, Jehova made a likeness of, in His own image (spiritual image) but that's not to say a 'likeness' is exactly the same as what it is likened to.

I was offering God some frangipanni flowers this morning going; 'heaven forbid I come to realise that I am you, because to whom will I offer flowers in future with so much love?'

'I mean, I don't recall creating the universe...I cannot part oceans, make bushes to burn...do all those things '.

Didn't evolution sort that one out?
Give yourself those beautiful flowers with love 💝 you deserve them, how can you love God if you don't love yourself.
We all see things differently (thank God).
Old 07-01-2018, 08:11 AM
Master
[quote=BigMaan]I think the only way is to upgrade or uplifting one's spirit essence up and up, higher and higher until it's up to the highest sky above all mountain tops then God bless or God title is grasped at one's hand.

Human are Gods, that's great, then I can worship you and you to worship you. And we'll no need to find Gods anymore. Some religious beliefs have to pretend that we're Gods and to attain to be the standard of Godlike or Buddha nature. That's cheated by those who preached their religious beliefs or practices.[/QUOTE

I don't think I said humans are Gods Jeremy, mybe reading the post's properly would help...
Old 07-01-2018, 08:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
'I mean, I don't recall creating the universe...I cannot part oceans, make bushes to burn...do all those things '.

Didn't evolution sort that one out?
Give yourself those beautiful flowers with love �� you deserve them, how can you love God if you don't love yourself.
We all see things differently (thank God).
How did evolution sort that one out?

I believe, with all my heart, there is something greater than what "I" am...something much bigger, more wiser, more loving than this little representation of myself. I can experience it, rest within it, but I never 'become' it to say, with any conviction and at any level, that is who "I" am, because what that thing is, fills me with so much love, awe, respect, humility and often reduces me to tears (although I haven't felt that in a while).

I could also answer you by saying that God loves me so that I do not need to love myself, and so, I love God...and yet, the conundrum arises, if you say that God is the self, wouldn't loving yourself be the totality of it, exactly the same as loving God? or is that proof that both God and self are separate?
Old 07-01-2018, 08:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMaan
Hi Shi,

How you see skyline's thought or belief ? It isn't Christianity, nor Buddhism, not Tebitan Buddhism not Hinduism. Maybe a mixture of all religions.
I think that Sky resonates towards Buddhism, but is also open to other beliefs, albeit through the philosophy and understanding of Buddhist thought.

I mean, I just called Shiva, Jehovah...realising they are one in the same...yesterday, I called Shiva, Krishna and who knows, tomorrow I'll probably call Shiva "Anatta" or 'not-self'.

I'm having much fun dividing my time between the Christianity forum and the Non-Duality forum.

Yes, I say and I 'identify' as a Hindu, but that which is God, does not identify with or as anything...not even the human 'self' or 'consciousness'.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:34 AM
Master
Quote:
But I sensed that skyline is more as a former Christian and going to the stream of new age belief. That's why she's so hard to describe a pure belief of a single religion. Or almost different from any pure religion.

That's why I'm hard to describe Christianity with her. If I'm going to Buddhism I'll always thought that I'm a pure Buddhist. When I'm as a Christian in Christianity believe. But she's not this nor that. Or she have learned too much about all religions.
I'm just going on which forums she spends most of her time on here.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:53 AM
Master
Quote:
But I sensed that skyline is more as a former Christian and going to the stream of new age belief. That's why she's so hard to describe a pure belief of a single religion. Or almost different from any pure religion.

That's why I'm hard to describe Christianity with her. If I'm going to Buddhism I'll always thought that I'm a pure Buddhist. When I'm as a Christian in Christianity believe. But she's not this nor that. Or she have learned too much about all religions.

SKY Jeremy not skyline.
God is not a religion, and I don't follow any. I just take the good from anywhere and anyone and leave the rest behind for others. I love the teachings from all the great Masters and if you are open you will see they all lead to the same place, back to where we all come from....
Old 07-01-2018, 12:57 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
We are one..

As a part of this creative Cosmos, we too create, self reflect, and come to know the Creator Within. This is why one of the very best ways to know God, is through the knowing of self. Our daily reality is not only a matter of connection with God or Universal Consciousness. We are in fact, actually composed of the same essence as that which is called God. In essence, we are as"cells in the infinite body of God".
There are no ultimate boundaries in the cosmos. The universe is actually composed of the very same underlying substance in all places, peoples, and times.
We are all "made of God", or in other words, Consciousness.

To know God is to know oneself.
I had to look twice to make sure I had not written this!! ...Hahahaha, yes,
we are all one from the same substance and The One.
If one has not exp'd this for themselves it could seem nutty to their logical mind...but, thanks to Quantum Physics
there is no longer reason to not 'get this' on all levels.

What a blessing you are Sky that I can come here and read things you realize.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-01-2018, 03:59 PM
Master
[quote=Miss Hepburn]I had to look twice to make sure I had not written this!! ...Hahahaha, yes,
If one has not exp'd this for themselves it could seem nutty to their logical mind...but, thanks to Quantum Physics

[/QUOTE

I remember being told at School that we live in this universe and thinking but saying nothing you silly teacher the universe lives in me.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I had to look twice to make sure I had not written this!! ...Hahahaha, yes,

Yes, Miss H. I believe we are made from the same substance as the One, just as human babies are a combination of their parent's DNA, but just as we are not our parents, we are not God. (We just have His 'spiritual DNA' which lends itself to various human expression).