Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-12-2016, 06:20 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Understanding why you are going through tough times does not remove the pain of the experience.

Easy to response turn to no way to response that's the pain. The remote, the rewilder, wilderness.... get lost......where's the right answers to the question? I don't know.... let it be...
Old 23-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
First off no one has all of the answers
But... one can have all the answers to those questions they need answered, in order to experience joy and contentment in their life. It's really a matter of being satisfied with what one does know, and leaving it at that. I do not want what I have not got as Sinéad would say.
Old 23-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Lorelyen

As said, there are no answers for some questions. So it might have better been framed as we have all the questions but few answers; and as Naturesflow says the lack of an answer may expand the questioning. It allows us exploration at least. We can learn the maze, suss the blind alleys. We might find nothing useful but at least we've walked the paths. We can often find answers that suit ourselves but with no means to verify.

Seems human nature that explanations are often sought because humans are too creative just to harmonise with Nature so they seek purpose. They can't just be. It's probably because we're spirit doing a stint here and can't discover why. Spiritual refinement doesn't seem much of a purpose in the mundane world for most people.

So....what is the pain that's the subject of the topic?
Humans aren't capable of Utopia in the physical world. Is the pain the discrepancy between a desired, imagined or actually glimpsed state and the facts of material life? Is it that of failure to achieve something here? The loss of something? The rate of progress?

Old 23-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
As said, there are no answers for some questions. So it might have better been framed as we have all the questions but few answers; and as Naturesflow says the lack of an answer may expand the questioning. It allows us exploration at least. We can learn the maze, suss the blind alleys. We might find nothing useful but at least we've walked the paths. We can often find answers that suit ourselves but with no means to verify.

Seems human nature that explanations are often sought because humans are too creative just to harmonise with Nature so they seek purpose. They can't just be. It's probably because we're spirit doing a stint here and can't discover why. Spiritual refinement doesn't seem much of a purpose in the mundane world for most people.

So....what is the pain that's the subject of the topic?
Humans aren't capable of Utopia in the physical world. Is the pain the discrepancy between a desired, imagined or actually glimpsed state and the facts of material life? Is it that of failure to achieve something here? The loss of something? The rate of progress?

having the answer to a question does not necessarily ease the pain created by the question.

No question in specific, it's a blanket statement. I was thinking the "why am I here?" and the many answers we conjure for that question originally though.
Old 23-12-2016, 03:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
No you don't stop the pain (maybe you can't) but you don't HAVE to make it worse than it is. Someone like me needs to examine what I am doing and why before I can accept that it is 'safe' to jsut stop contributing to my own pain.

I can agree to that. It's easy to fit into the pity party routine. At least, that's what comes to mind as an example.
Old 23-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Easy to response turn to no way to response that's the pain. The remote, the rewilder, wilderness.... get lost......where's the right answers to the question? I don't know.... let it be...

Yes, our emotions can get lost as we focus on the problem looming before us. Or should I say we can get lost in our emotions.
Old 23-12-2016, 05:11 PM
Master

Actually it helps a lot and one can see a lot of illusion of pain. imo there is nothing wrong in seeking at all. We shouldn't say to another what they can and cannot do just because I cannot. In saying this you are wishing it, you are manifesting it. Here's the thing to remember, it for whatever the "reason" takes years of searching to a single question (asked) and no question is separate they are interwoven and connected and you never saw it. As we know, a person can live an entire way an entire life cycle. Imagine living forever.
Old 23-12-2016, 09:26 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Yes, our emotions can get lost as we focus on the problem looming before us. Or should I say we can get lost in our emotions.

It seems to be the question is the answer and the answer is the question, I supposed. The same as the lost is the answer or the question is the lost by the emotions.

So just forget about it, too heavy the burden for nothing at all, so the time to let it go. The mind be calm or equanimity. Seeking for the right target for a fruitful result. Striving for the right goals with less efforts.
Old 23-12-2016, 09:54 PM
Master

I always say "one day at a time".
Old 24-12-2016, 12:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Just a thought to those who are desperately seeking answers for questions that can never be answered.
I'm curious - you say having all the answers doesn't ease the pain, but then you talk about questions that can never be answered... this seems like a contradiction.

For myself, it seems more important at the moment to ask the right questions, to call into question the assumptions and beliefs I have - about how I think life should be, about who I am, and about my purpose in life. I think it's these assumptions that are at the root of my suffering.