Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-11-2016, 06:59 AM
Guide
@Johnathanrs:
To repent for a sin is to bring yourself back into the space of God... But let's restate that. To live with consciousness is to bring yourself back to truth.
To relinquish yourself from the dormant dream that we live as gods in the eyes of a human.
Old 19-11-2016, 07:20 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khallianen
Why does one have to repent for anything? If everything we experience is for us to have in order to evolve/grow then what is sin?

I know that everything I have experienced no matter if it was good, bad or just plain weird was necessary to be who I am now. Resisting anything including change brings resistance to the process. Look at all the misery, illness and dysfunctional societies on this planet.

Going with the flow looks very attractive and works.

That question wasn't for you, because you are not ready for it.
Old 19-11-2016, 07:29 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorddy
@Johnathanrs:
To repent for a sin is to bring yourself back into the space of God... But let's restate that. To live with consciousness is to bring yourself back to truth.
To relinquish yourself from the dormant dream that we live as gods in the eyes of a human.

I never stated anything about repenting, but if you wish to take that path, then let's use that.

To repent is to go off of the perspective that change did occur, through an action taking place that goes against what should have happened under your moral perspective, and that you should obviously resist that temptation, or else why undertake the action of repenting, which is your own internal belief that something wrong happened along your path. This form of temptation, or better known as sin, a moral belief that you went against your own moral creed, goes against your new found ideology does it not, and follows my own dilemma and assertion to you, correct?

Also a note:

Quote:
@Johnathanrs:

Does this not contradict? Consciousness exists here all around us. Humans are conscious. We embody it. Unless you belief that humans are not conscious. If you are living with consciousness, then is it not the opposite? Wouldn't repenting embody truth, because god would embody truth, while living with conscious be bringing yourself back to sin?
Old 19-11-2016, 08:51 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathanrs
I say we are not in this world to celebrate new understandings, we are in this world to suffer and repent for our sins. What you claim is merely belief. The reality is you don't know anything, god knows everything, your job is to let go of any feeble attempt to believe that you do, and by doing so, to realize that its not about learning to resist change, it's all about learning to resist temptation. A change for the better is much worse than a change for the worse.

You literally said "repent for our sins"

In your previous post you stated that we shouldn't resist change, rather, we should resist temptation. What is the difference between the two in your perspective?

It's disheartening that you had shot down khallianen's perspective. Regardless if someone is 'right' or 'wrong', one of a spiritual understanding should always move along the other to seeing when they are reaching their hand for growth.
- The act of pushing others away - disrespecting them, getting angry with them, slighting them - all stems from a place inside of you that is lacking love. Because it is those acts that you do to validate yourself from a world outside of you. When you come from this angle, you are coming from a place where you do not have love for self.. You objectify others to take it from them.

^^^ This may sound harsh, but I do not mean it so. I mean it truthfully, I mean it from wisdom of a past that I speak of within me, a past that I help guide others out of... As well, from this stance, it seems as though you and khallianen are both questioning the same thing - so if anything, it would have been to question their thinking rather then nod them off, that would have caused you to converse over your difficulties and learn new things together.

BTW @ Clover: Thanks for your sweet comment :) and motivation!
Old 19-11-2016, 09:21 PM
Guide
Quote:
Why does one have to repent for anything? If everything we experience is for us to have in order to evolve/grow then what is sin?

I know that everything I have experienced no matter if it was good, bad or just plain weird was necessary to be who I am now. Resisting anything including change brings resistance to the process. Look at all the misery, illness and dysfunctional societies on this planet.

What did you gain from what you experienced? :)
Old 19-11-2016, 09:52 PM
Master
Quote:
What did you gain from what you experienced? :)

Clarity, enlightenment, calmness, relaxation and inner peace.

When a situation arises in my life that causes discord instead of reacting with worry or anger, I look to see why it is happening, what can it teach me and just flow with it.

And my view on resisting anything is the more you resist, the the more the situation will persist in your life. The Universe/Creator is bringing it in your life for a reason. Accept it, learn from it and move on.
Old 19-11-2016, 10:04 PM
Guide
@ khallianen:

Hehe "The more you resist, the more it persists!", agreed my friend.

I too have always lived along the belief that 'everything happens for a reason', it was the first principle I had ever accepted.

So, what does it teach you? Is there a baseline element that all of these 'teachings' have in common?

As well, is there a point that you are moving towards? What area is being explored from these teachings?
Old 19-11-2016, 10:50 PM
Master
To live in joy, acceptance and with unconditional love.

And moving towards a deeper connection to all.
Old 19-11-2016, 10:55 PM
Guide
@ Khallianen:

But what exactly are you being taught about? What do the lessons outside of you teach you about?

And how to does teachings relate to having a deeper connection to all, unconditional love, acceptance, and joy?
Old 19-11-2016, 11:19 PM
Master

Quote:

It works for you and for a lot of other people. But some of us aren't allowed to 'go with the flow', in the same way the rich keep the poor out of their haunts. Like the rich, you just laugh and go on your way! I used to be so mad about people who would proclaim stuff like this while being disingenous about actually letting people do it but oh well, it is your life i can't live it for you.