Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 27-10-2016, 11:14 PM
Pathfinder
Tobi and Rozie, thank you! I do feel at peace there (and at the cemetery, which I never thought I would)... I guess I should just focus on how I feel vs what people say about living by cemeteries.

@Rozie: I love living by parks! That's the #1 thing I look for when choosing to rent or buy; if my home isn't in walking distance to a park there's ZERO chance of me moving there. Zero! I don't care how nice they are or how great of a deal it'd be; no park = no thanks!
That's another reason why I love this Thome--it's in walking distance to a huuuggee park where I can hike or run. The park is a huge tourist attraction and there are so many outdoor activities there. :)
Old 28-10-2016, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator
One thing I have noticed about most graveyards I see (especially the churchyards in the villages in my area) -is that they have such beautiful mature trees in them. And for that reason they can be beautiful places. I do often find that places with those sorts of trees have a great strength and positivity.
Old 28-10-2016, 12:52 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
One thing I have noticed about most graveyards I see (especially the churchyards in the villages in my area) -is that they have such beautiful mature trees in them. And for that reason they can be beautiful places. I do often find that places with those sorts of trees have a great strength and positivity.

That's very true! Unfortunately, this one looks a bit dated and not well tended to... That said, perhaps that's the case b/c it's Fall and the grass isn't very green here and most of the leaves have fallen off of the trees.
Old 28-10-2016, 02:29 AM
Gracey

I live in a house directly across from a cemetery. We had a lot of activity. I used a smudge stick made with sage, lavender and cedar and transform negativity into the white light of the holy spirit. I had to do it twice, one spirit was not interested in changing.
Old 28-10-2016, 01:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLynx
I'll definitely ask! ... I just find it odd the 3 open homes are the ones next to the cemetery. (( The subdivision is in the shape of a half moon--the three open homes are on the curved edge of the moon (so to speak) )).

Then, I found this site when I googled "living next to a cemetery":
http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/14193-feng-shui-help/

That said, I'm still drawn to the house but that forum (site) addressed being drawn to a house like that. Do you guys agree? ... That post resonated with me b/c I've been having a rough time lately and can't figure out why...

Quote from site: "Traps are always baited with something attractive or no one would get caught. Meat in a bear trap, cheese in a mousetrap... There's usually a 4P problem underlying people's attraction to bad feng shui residences -- someone with a lucky chart will navigate toward good feng shui, and vice versa."

I never considered Feng Shui but maybe I should. Hhhmmm.

LL - I'm a big proponent of Feng Shui and its principles. I was trying to sell my previous house and because my neighbor was so nasty and negative I felt I had to take action. I put a convex bagua mirror in an upstairs window facing out toward her house to deflect the energy back away from my house. My house then sold in less than 3 weeks. I still try to incorporate the values of Feng Shui in my current house in respects to furniture, mirror, wind chime and object placements. Some people think it's all hogwash, but I'm a believer. Trust your intuition and instincts on this one. I was very much drawn to my last house that was 90 years old and had a lot of history. However, it turned out it was a very unsettled place with a lot of activity I could never explain without being thought I was out of my mind. I lived there 17 years and although after a while the strange events became the usual for that home, I never was settled with it. Moral of the story, a place can pull one in with it's charm or whatever characteristic it has and yet be a place where spirit activity is high. In addition, certain individuals are extremely sensitive and draw the spirit world toward them, whether or not they live near a cemetery. Again some who say those that follow Feng Shui are superstitious, but it's principles seem to make common sense to me. Just some of my own experiences and opinions for what it's worth.
Old 28-10-2016, 08:19 PM
Guide
I lived over the road from a old cemetery, you could see the graves from the house, and yes there was spirit activity,
Every so often at night we would hear footsteps walking up a ramp to our back door
then the door knocker would tap, but when I opened the door there would be no one there, visitors heard it too
We would joke about it and call it our friendly ghost
But when I was on my own it was certainly no laughing matter
A dog I had would try and hide when he heard it, wasn't much help as a watch dog

Last edited by fayette : 29-10-2016 at 12:22 AM.
Old 29-10-2016, 01:30 AM
Seeker

I personally wouldn't buy a home near a graveyard. Lost, wayward spirits have a tendency to hang out in them and the overall energy of a graveyard extends all around the perimeter. So any homes in the immediate vicinity can and will be affected by the dark energy. They are not warm, comforting places as some people imagine them to be, at least not in my eyes. The decay and rot attract dark entities and lost souls--creatures you don't want to mingle with, trust me on that one.
Old 29-10-2016, 05:04 PM
Pathfinder
Thank you for the replies! It seems like a few say it wouldn't be a problem but most say activity is probably there. That said, would activity depend on the person? I consider myself pretty in tune with the spiritual world and I get zero "scary" feelings about the area. And, I drove by the subdivision last night--to see if it'd be dark and creepy b/c most subdivions in my city are not well-lit b/c we're in the country--and I noticed there was a lot of light there. I was actually kind of shocked... There were a bunch of cute little light posts everywhere.

Logically I'm thinking it'd be a silly choice due to resale value and it isn't in the best of neighborhoods... I don't even know why it's even an option for me! Lol. But, I view it as a gem; it has potential and the home would probably triple in value if the area "cleans up" like I forsee it doing in the future.

That said, I don't want to end up being that person who buys a home by a cemetery and tries to sell in less than a yr later b/c some spooky ghost popped up in the house Lol ... Not to mention, there's a funeral home and a known-to-be haunted inn across the street / less than 0.25mi away.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:28 PM
Knower
While I myself would never consider such a odd real estate choice, If that's you cup of tea, go for it.
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."
Old 06-11-2016, 04:54 PM
Master

Ghosts are all over. Most do nothing. I don't think a cemetery will make any difference.