Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-09-2016, 05:06 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Some people don't celebrate at all not even their birthdays.
Old 30-09-2016, 05:22 AM
Master
Oh man, I celebrate all the time! Today I went to pick up some driveshafts for my car, it's 25 years old... theres a celebration in itself, my Dad says 'That's not a car, it's a miracle!' and it is, so I even said, at the parts dealer, I was amazed there wasn't a christmas tree there is this was better than christmas, and they let me have them for just over half of retail, gosh and golly, can I get any luckier? Yes I can, 'cause later I thought due respect for such luck might be a walk around some local churches and at the second one there were trees and almost as soon as I came into them the birdsong started up loud and vibrant, a few birds cam swooping past... birds like me somehow, and even a swallow came veering in... magnificent!

Yup, and I do some pretty impressive stuff too, as in make stuff, and I kid you not but I'm usually, no matter how much praise is thrown at me, far more impressed myself that I'm allowed to have such fun creating these things... yes some of it's me, the skills and the freedom I give myself, but lots and lots is from upstairs and I know that... and how impressive that is, my God, that's pretty humbling to be alongside for the show!

And that's real achievement I reckon, not the stuff, stuff is stuff, still neato but it'll never surpass being allowed to just plain ol' celebrate being alive and havin' fun.
Old 30-09-2016, 05:59 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
Oh man, I celebrate all the time! Today I went to pick up some driveshafts for my car, it's 25 years old... theres a celebration in itself, my Dad says 'That's not a car, it's a miracle!' and it is, so I even said, at the parts dealer, I was amazed there wasn't a christmas tree there is this was better than christmas, and they let me have them for just over half of retail, gosh and golly, can I get any luckier? Yes I can, 'cause later I thought due respect for such luck might be a walk around some local churches and at the second one there were trees and almost as soon as I came into them the birdsong started up loud and vibrant, a few birds cam swooping past... birds like me somehow, and even a swallow came veering in... magnificent!

Yup, and I do some pretty impressive stuff too, as in make stuff, and I kid you not but I'm usually, no matter how much praise is thrown at me, far more impressed myself that I'm allowed to have such fun creating these things... yes some of it's me, the skills and the freedom I give myself, but lots and lots is from upstairs and I know that... and how impressive that is, my God, that's pretty humbling to be alongside for the show!

And that's real achievement I reckon, not the stuff, stuff is stuff, still neato but it'll never surpass being allowed to just plain ol' celebrate being alive and havin' fun.

Yeah, that's more like it lol. That's how to live life. What kind of car? I love old cars (that are more around 50 years old haha). Although I don't drive (I'm currently in love with my new e-bike), but my dad collects antique mopars and we're always going to the car shows around here.
Old 30-09-2016, 12:57 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokutah
Wow good for you for running 25k. That really sucks no one was there but that's just people sometimes lol. And what matters is how we feel about our accomplishments

Lol, thanks. I actually wasnt sure to blame the bad weather or the ex husband, but either one seemed relevant in trying to explain the lonely finish lol ( and it did suck not seeing my children there). There will be more. However, the truth of the matter is, I run for many different reasons and they certainly don't include the desire for praising. Running is a every day commitment that I have incorporated into my every day lifestyle.Its there for the long term and I am very grateful for my health because I do recognize many people have it more difficult than others. Also, marathon racing is specifically dedicated to charity donating. It allows you to give back to the community and those who helped me in times of need, and that is a very rewarding experience for me. So it's a win/win event for all.

I saw on another thread that you got some pumps, you should try signing up for one! October is a good month for them

Quote:
I feel as if I wasn't strong at all, to be honest. I literally feel like my recovery was initiated completely by my higher power, and that I rarely had anything to do with it. I guess I had to do the self work and stuff, but I feel like the only way I was able to do that was because of some higher force so I can't really take the credit for that LoL.

I don't have children, but I can understand why celebrations would be more meaningful when you have kids.

I would love to tell you that your not giving yourself enough credit but hey, I have not been in your shoes so what do I know, eh. However, it is still a great accomplishment and you should be very proud.

Last edited by Clover : 30-09-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 30-09-2016, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keokutah
How do you all celebrate your accomplishments?

I'm too humble to celebrate myself, I don't think that is a good thing. I can recognize how far I've come, I can see it's a big deal, but I don't feel like it is.

I wanted to do something special this year, but I've left it to the last minute like usual, since I'm celebrating 6 years of sobriety tomorrow. I thought it would be awesome to host a spiritual ceremony, as a way to honor my recovery and say thanks and also give back to others, but it wasn't meant to be. And thankfully it didn't work out because today I ended up having to let go of yet another entity attachment, so I wouldn't have been in the right mindset for a ceremony tomorrow.

I used to celebrate through AA, but I grew away from that and it no longer resonated with me.
I collected the coin chips every year, but the place i used to buy them is all run down and abandoned, and I tried calling AA and they didn't know where to find them, and once I looked on amazon I decided they are too expensive and not sentimental enough for me.

I take all of that, as well as my ever increasing feeling that I'm minimizing myself, as a sign I'm supposed to find another way to celebrate.
I'm thinking of starting to collect some special beads or maybe crystals that I can put on a necklace, to represent each year... it would be more sentimental to me than a random coin chip from an organization I had a falling out with years ago. I love the 12 steps, but I dislike the fellowship.

I don't really know how to celebrate. And just so you know, no parties because I'm a hermit and my family couldn't care less so I need to celebrate on my own, besides I really think celebrating personal milestones is a personal thing anyway. And I realize most people really don't care about anyone but themselves in the first place.

But maybe you can talk about yourselves and what you do to celebrate your accomplishments.

Hi keokutah,

Congratulations on your continued success.

Follow your heart would be my advice. Sometimes for me giving myself the space to be grateful is celebrating that I made it through another day.

In a way isn't creating this thread a form of celebrating?

Your idea of making it personal sounds good to me. Collecting items that enhance the continued journey may create everyday being a celebration of sorts.
Don't you think?

All the best to you.