Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-10-2016, 04:37 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I did one post and it came up 3-times so I deleted two of them............

Happened to me before, you can also report it and the mods will help in those instances
Old 01-10-2016, 04:54 PM
Master
What the Vedic texts are pointing to is that we are not mind. We are not ego but are also not not mind or ego just as we are not male or female. We are all of it and the female aspect is the horizontal aspect, the creative. The male is the vertical, the power behind it. It's like a two sided coin.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:54 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
According to Yogi Philosophy; the five major destructive perversions of the human mind; their Sanskrit name with English explanations, are listed below. They can not take root in you unless invited in; self-indulgence allows all of these to occupy humanity. What I am sharing here comes directly from the Vedas, and ancient text, but I have put my comments in parenthesis alongside each. The basic premise is that what we give our attention to will grow.

KAM = Passion allowed to run into lust, and abnormal demand. We grow like that which we contemplate. Kam binds us to the animal plane. (Some might ask what is abnormal demand?)

KROFT = Anger and hate. A mental carcinoma. Anger causes confusion to scatter the mind from the center. Slander, fault finding, jealousy, destructive criticism, etc. are the “pups” of anger. Never criticize, find fault, abuse or blame anyone. When you speak ask yourself, is it true, necessary, and kind. (This is easier to do in a monastery than it is living in the general public)

LOFT = Greed. This binds us to the mineral plane, lower than the animal plane, and creates a God of gold and silver for us. While Kam degrades us, Kroft consumes us, and Loft hardens us. (Mmmmm…a cage made of gold is still a cage)

MOFT = (Undo) Undue attachment to things. This will use up your time on earth and take you away from higher affairs. It makes you a slave to the lower planes. The liberation of the soul is what you are here for, nothing else matters. Moft will keep you from this freedom. (What stands in the way is the way,)

AHANKAR = Vanity or egoism. Ahankar grows on the action of the other four perversions. Vanity operates with boasting long after the other four perversions have died. It is the source of error in humanity; it loudly says I am right and all others are wrong. (Self-love is one thing but vanity and narcissism in my opinion are another)

The only thing worth doing in this life, according to yogi philosophy, is to find a compatible spiritual path and walk in it. Taming The Monkey Mind is also the title of a rather insightful book, written by Thubten Chodron, with a Forward by the Dalai Lama. Although using the term “Monkey Mind” to refer to the antics of the human mind does and injustice to monkeys; and yes I am aware of the connotation, because I did find while writing this post that my mind had a lot to say about its’ own perversions. Silence is truly golden.

Possible typo, Starman?
Old 01-10-2016, 05:38 PM
Knower

Great post Starman.

'KAM = Passion allowed to run into lust, and abnormal demand. We grow like that which we contemplate. Kam binds us to the animal plane. (Some might ask what is abnormal demand?)
'

According to more advanced beings the act of sexual intercourse would be only to procreate and beings on some planets of higher density (5th density) only do it for that purpose. But it is possible for two people on earth who have high vibrations where all their chakras are balanced and open to transfer energy and love to each other through their heart chakras and thus strengthen their heart chakras as well as enjoying a much fuller experience. They can get to experience, albeit on a smaller scale, the unity that one experiences when one attains unity with source. Attaining unity while still in 3rd density with our twin flames.

'KROFT = Anger and hate. A mental carcinoma. Anger causes confusion to scatter the mind from the center. Slander, fault finding, jealousy, destructive criticism, etc. are the “pups” of anger. Never criticize, find fault, abuse or blame anyone. When you speak ask yourself, is it true, necessary, and kind. (This is easier to do in a monastery than it is living in the general public)'

I can see how all the 'pups' are signs of anger and hate. People normally engage in these activities without realizing the harm they are doing and the harm they are doing to themselves is greater than any perceived harm that they may be doing to the object of their anger. As well as demonstrating the person's anger/hatred it would cause a certain amount of regression in his development.

Truth is essential to the process. A person who is always truthful and kind is practising those qualities which would take him closer to the source. But, drawing closer to the source also allows truth and kindness to develop in oneself.

I remember a Sufi saying: "Spend words as you would spend gold."

Silence is necessary to the process since speaking when not necessary usually involves talking about worldly matters. So, the more we talk the more we make those matters relevant to us at the expense of spiritual growth. But this is probably one of the hardest things to do especially as we go about our daily lives in society. Being a hermit has its advantages.

'LOFT = Greed. This binds us to the mineral plane, lower than the animal plane, and creates a God of gold and silver for us. While Kam degrades us, Kroft consumes us, and Loft hardens us. (Mmmmm…a cage made of gold is still a cage) '

I love the parenthetical statement.

Yes, greed does not only mean wanting more than you already have; it means not giving freely to those who need it. Thus the need to be generous and charitable. Greed will not allow a person to go all the way. So, yes if I have stored gold in my house and have $100 K in my bank account sooner or later I'll have to give it all away. Keeping it is actually an act of greed since at this moment I don't need it; there are other people in the world who have a greater need for it than me.

'MOFT = Undo attachment to things. This will use up your time on earth and take you away from higher affairs. It makes you a slave to the lower planes. The liberation of the soul is what you are here for, nothing else matters. Moft will keep you from this freedom. (What stands in the way is the way,)
'

A person to be fully liberated from the world and united with source should be ready to give up all his possessions. Attachment to material possessions shows you still have a will (that is the will to hold on to those possessions). Unity with source cannot be fully achieved until one gives up his will and accepts the will of source. Then all your actions/reactions happen not because it was your will to do those things or react in a particular way but it was the will of source that you are fulfilling; here you are being guided to accept the will of source for your own advancement. Then you become a vessel for source to act through you for the benefit of all. People may claim that you need certain possessions for your survival; I would 'argue' that at this stage you can manifest whatever you desire and so there would no longer be any need to possess anything.

'AHANKAR = Vanity or egoism. Ahankar grows on the action of the other four perversions. Vanity operates with boasting long after the other four perversions have died. It is the source of error in humanity; it loudly says I am right and all others are wrong. (Self-love is one thing but vanity and narcissism in my opinion are another)
'

It creates separation and shows that we think we are better than others.

I have found that focusing on the source lets the 'five major destructive perversions of the human mind' fall away. What we think we attract and what we don't think about loses their effects on us. Another way of saying we become what we desire or think of most.

In my experience I have found that the more I focus on source, the closer I get to source which is evidenced by a higher vibration but it also causes the 'five major destructive perversions of the human mind' to gradually fall away. But to do that requires almost a constant awareness of the thoughts in the mind and the necessity to dismiss the negative thoughts that arise each time they arise.