Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-08-2016, 04:02 AM
Guide
I am the same, I feel but I don't become the emotion. It gets worse when people tell me their plight and expect me to cry with them, but I literally feel my emotions shut off so I can be the solid yet compassionate one. It used to bother me when many people called me cold, but now I've accepted it! Oh, and when people would pick fights with me and I didn't give in because I could feel my emotions shutting off...that would tick them off somethin' fierce.

But, like many here, it could make you more compassionate because you are ruled by thought and not emotions. Possibly? Can't say for certain! As for still being compassionate, you feel it on a soul level, does not mean you lack empathy you can just control it when it's in your face. I cry when I see pain, sadness, and fear...but when it's talking to me, I'm stoic. You? It does help you help others for sure, as you're probably more apt to thinking a situation out clearly and calming others so they don't completely let their emotions consume them!

Or, maybe you're just the type who feels that too much emotion isn't conducive to a situation! With certain upbringings or people, emotions can become over-controlled to the point where they're almost dulled!
Old 31-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Master

I can relate to the experience, I'm the same way. I've always felt, if you delve into the (current way) experience it often returns one back to times from early childhood long forgotten that become part of how we think, nothing but a (defensive) barrier if you will. Adulthood! What do you see if you think about it. It's something I sense knowing experientially. It's just a way to protect ourselves of what we don't want to experience. The example of being less affected like a wall in your emotion. Can you be compassionate, definitely, especially if you understand it's human made, a barrier. A lot of people don't think with the heart and this is really nothing but logic. It's generally logic. Many people I think realize the mind can become toughened in the way we think, both physically and spiritually. I just see it more of a stage one continues because it works. It's just something you thought one day and held on to it
Old 31-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Newbie ;)

Adam, I feel like I could have written this. The way I see it is that we have compassion for the deeper parts of the being. The ego and conditioned thought are considered as subsequent to the soul.
Old 31-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Pathfinder

Hey Adam

I follow astrology. I wonder if you have a lot of earth in your chart which makes you more grounded, or maybe an Aquarian who can deal with emotional situations but not get emersed in the feelings themselves. If this interests you PM me your birth data and i will see if i can explain more.