Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 28-01-2011, 07:11 PM
mava

Bananas are actually packet with nutrients. I'm not trying to start an argument however - people can eat whatever they want. There's a difference between eating foods with added sugar and eating fruits, which contain natural sugar/glucose, which is our energy! I did do some quick research on the web and I agree bananas contain more sugar than most fruits, but that does not make them 'bad' and certainly does not mean you can't lose weight.
Old 28-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Master
I never said anything about the nutrient content and never said they were bad for you, the purpose of this thread was TIPS on WEIGHT LOSS that's why i suggested a tip to avoid them if possible bc even natural glucose can cause spike in blood sugar bc it's rapidly absorbed in the bloodstream and raises the hormone inuslin which causes weight gian so it's a food that's not reccomended if on a diet.. this is well known and well researched so I'm not sure what your argument is here.

And you can eat cookies in moderation without gaining weight, that doesn't make them the ideal food for weight loss
Old 28-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Experiencer
Thankyou guys for all of the advice thus far!

And Time, I do try to keep on top of my vitamins but I've never thought of gotten my levels checked out before. I might as well go and know for sure! Thankyou.

I'll let you guys know how the journey goes haha!
Old 28-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Master
Good luck!
Old 28-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Time

But cutting sugar out of your diet is more harmful then eating it. You need sugar. The bad ones are proessed sugars, or to much. Bananas are super high in potasium and vitimins, and are recommended to be eated before and after a workout.

Not getting the nutrients you need, can cause you to gain weight as well. Its a matter of protions, and natural sugars.

Then again, if your diebetic thats totaly different....
Old 28-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Master
Did I ever suggest cutting sugar completely out of the diet? I suggested cutting one food out bc it can cause weight gain as her concern is weight loss.

all fruits contain natural sugars and nutrients, you should be eating fruit on a diet and healthy fats and this can be done while loosing weight... bananas are foods that are both high in glucose so they would automaticaly increase insluin response and cause weight gain that's why it's not reccomended for weight loss
Old 28-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Master
It depends on who's recommending it. Bananas are good, but it's like lots of other 'good' foods, that happen to be high in sugar / glucose they're worth it for the potassium, but it's something you should / could make fruit salad, or the other day I went to a restaurant and they had a little bowl of fresh fruit for dessert>>>a few grapes, 2 chunks of pineapple, a few slices of banana, and some chunks of melon. Now that's the best way to eat banana if you like them. It was yummy.

Old 28-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Time

Good advice silver girl..

The best thing to eat to loose weight is grapefruit. Theres such a low amount of sugar in it you can even add some.

The best advice i can give, is to not drink pop ( or soda depending on where you live :P ), eat less processed food, learn to garden and walk a half hour a day.

And of course, get your mineral levels checked once in a while. Which we all should do, vegan or not
Old 28-01-2011, 11:45 PM
dogninja

I used to spend around 10 minutes juggling the bananas before, and then dancing with the peels after eating them to help burning off all of those unwanted calories. Monkeyninja, yes
Old 29-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Master
Now, that's the way to eat bananas!