Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 31-01-2016, 09:59 PM
55Degrees

@FairyCrystal
Thanks for the feedback, sorry again about Hierophant (lolz). He's certainly not your usual Hierophant though. At least he felt positive for you. He seems to be following me around at the moment.
And I do now see how Scribe or Writer fits in well with you.

I've only had the deck a few days, the guide book is pretty much useless (12 pages to explain the literary history of HP Lovecraft and the tone of the deck) so I'm still feeling my way with it, but pleased it fit with a current situation.
Old 31-01-2016, 10:06 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
I'd be interested to see if there are any specific insights on the cause (/suggested action for) my issues with insecurity. Which probs translates into self-confidence issues at times.

It's been said by multiple people that it's to do with some sort of betrayal, and that's sort of turned itself into a knee-jerk reaction that kicks into high gear even when it doesn't need to, and I now need to 'heal from the inside'... which kind of makes sense but I dig specifics (like, how and why exactly did this become such an issue?) and specific courses of action, so...

Where does tealily's insecurity stem from

Knight of Chalices, 3 of Chalices, V the Hierophant

This clearly comes from the damage of a broken relationship, what appeared to be a genuine offer of love and companionship from this person didn't turn out like the gallant, romantic Knight he first portrayed. It appears that he was offering to open up a whole new life to you, even to the point of becoming part of his circle of family and friends.* Which at the time seemed as if you were being taken to the bosom of his world.*
However, as is sometimes the case with this character, it came at a price. He displayed a very rigid belief in what the relationship should be like.* When I say stereotypical 'old fashioned', I mean almost medieval.* This got to the extent of him being controlling and overbearing.* Mr Always Right, leaving you doubting your own thoughts and beliefs as he was never wrong, he wpule throw it back to you as bsing the one at fault.* This man did a whole load of undermining your confidence, leaving scars that run deep.

How does it manifest?
The Emperor
Because the old wounds of this man's overbearing nature, your insecurity/lack of confidence manifests as you now being a bit of* a control freak over your life.* You prefer to make your decisions, and have developed your own structure for living,* but that can mean you can be a little bit unbending on compromise when you feel you are right.* You expect others to comply to your expectations and limits, (although not a bad thing in itself, as it displays that you are willing to take control and responsibility of your own life). Due to your lack of confidence, when others cross your boundaries you tend to take this trait to a bit of an extreme level appearing as a bit of a control freak with a touch of 'if you're not with me, then you are against me', which some may find quite intimidating.* You do tend to know that you go OTT and this then makes you feel, again, insecure and lacking in confidence as you dislike displaying this side of yourself.

What does tealily's insecurity/lack of confidence fulfil?
6 of Swords
The image for this card shows a female riding on the back of a dragon in flight over a dangerous, rocky landscape below. Hmmmm. By riding the fire breathing beast that many fear, you protect yourself from the perils of that rocky terrain that lurks psychologically underneath.* It's easier to have that fiery protection than have to trek through where there may be who knows what lurking that may pose a threat to your inner safety.

How can tealily move forward to trust/ confidence
Knave of Wands
Take the traits of your insecurities and realise that you have something positive if channelled the right way, taking leadership in certain areas of your life can be transformed into leadership in group activities. Your creative approach, not being part of the herd, may make you feel set apart from others, although you have the type of personality that arouses other interest in how you put forward your ideas. Try and have an understanding that those who choose to do things their way are not doing so as out of malice, they simply have, like yourself, certain expectations that they feel they can only meet by working within their own structures too.

Shadow - 9 of Wands
You know what your inner demons are, but you put up the fences to try and keep it contained. Facing them full on leaves you feeling weakened and fearful that you don't have the strength to deal with the issues they bring.

Hope that makes sense to you
Old 31-01-2016, 10:08 PM
55Degrees

@ Pleroo and Ladyrose92
I'll post your readings when they are done and message you via PM.

Sorry, no more sitters being taken
Old 31-01-2016, 11:15 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne
Me too! A general reading would be fine..

Thank you Pisces Moon for the 'new deck spread'. What a neat idea.

Present - 4 of Pent
Crossing - Hierophant
Above - Knave of Wands
Below - 4 of Chalices
Past - 9 of Wands
Future - The Hermit

It seems like currently there is something in your life you are clinging to so tightly to the detriment of everything else. Crossed by the Hierophant you are under the belief that if you hold on tight enough, it must be true.How can it not be? Alas it seems you are trying to convince yourself of that more than convincing anyone else. I don't know if this is a spiritual belief or an intellectual belief but it appears to be making you worry that by letting it go you will be lost without its value to you, as it is only you that holds this so dear. Remember, we need to give something away, to get something back.

Above you, you like to think you are open and driven looking at how you can use this to shed light on furthering your understanding but being the Knave it shows that there is a lot of growth to be done. You portray yourself to others as a fun loving, outgoing and amiable, however the 4 of Chalices below shows that deep down, you are missing vital clues and signs that are happening around you, you are emotionally stuck and find that the persona of the Knave of Wands covers these 'cracks' perfectly . You seem to be looking for something in the wrong place. Instead of actively learning, you should instead take time to let life drift by and let things show themselves to you (when the student is ready, the teacher shall appear).

9 of Wands in the past shows you have faced a few challenges that may have left you feeling weary and wary, this could be the reason for the tight grip on your belief, almost as if you feel 'that's what always happened before, so this time I'm not going to give what I have'. This is your self preservation mode.

The Hermit in the future position shows that something somewhere triggers you to start looking at things more deeply, taking time to translate what you know and believe. Retreating from what is expected of you into doing what feels right for you. This feels like examining your limiting beliefs about yourself, and the ones imposed by others.

Shadow card - Ace of Pentacles
In the shadows is a possessive side that stems from the fear of failing. The Ace in shadow shows that unless the issue is addressed then the positive qualities of the Ace will be a long time coming.

Whatever it is you cling to, needs to be released or shared.

Hope that makes sense
Old 01-02-2016, 01:59 AM
Guide

Thank you Pisces Moon!

Your reading was spot on, although it may take me a couple of days to fully digest and respond. Rather a tough pill to swallow, but so much truth above.

Excellent thread. Very deep...
Old 01-02-2016, 07:58 AM
Master
Thank you Im excited :)
Old 01-02-2016, 12:39 PM
Master

Thanks so much for the reading! Will provide detailed feedback soon :)
Old 01-02-2016, 10:09 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
@ Pleroo and Ladyrose92
I'll post your readings when they are done and message you via PM.

Sorry, no more sitters being taken

No worries if you don't have time Pisces.

By the way, I meant to say that I have interviewed my decks (all two of them ) with the spread in your o.p. (or maybe it was just a similar one, not sure) which I found at Little Red Tarot.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:25 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo
Well, I just use Tarot for personal introspection and I've never had a reading done for me before. If/when you have time to do another, I'd love to have that experience. I have no specific question, though.

Hi Pleroo
Situation/Present - The Moon
Crossing - 9 of Chalices
Above - 10 of Coins
Below - Knave of Chalices
Past - Lovers
Future - Queen of Swords

Shadow card - Judgement

Looking at these cards, they seem to fit with something you mentioned yesterday on a different thread.

Currently you seem as if you are trying to find a path but you are struggling to see where it leads to and thus feeling a little bit lost. The image of the card on this deck shows a person running down a moonlit path, towards, what appears to be, the safety of home in the distance.
With the 9 of Chalices crossing the cards are saying that even though you are wanting to uncover different spiritual paths, you feel so much more comfortable and happier with what you already know. Even when you you start exploring down new paths, there is a feeling if comfort and contentment in where you come from.

Past - Lovers, nothing to do, with a relationship except with yourself, you have been a fairly well balanced person, seeming to not allow emotions to run away with you but showing compassion and respect for others so as not to appear detached and aloof. Although these are two,sides to your character that seem to be fighting with each other at the moment.

Future, Queen of Swords appears as your quest for clarity and truth. This Queen is a very focused lady and knows exactly what needs to be done, which direction she needs to take and pity anyone who tries to tell her otherwise. So it looks as if there will be a conscious decision (cos she doesn't rely on feelings) to start making your own path

Above (the thinking brain or ego) sits the 10 of Pentacles, your thinking brain is telling you, stick with what you were brought up to understand, it's a card of legacy, and (as you stated in the other thread) there is a strong sense of thinking this is what you should be doing.

Below, in the more unconscious levels, the Knave of Chalices sits. This Knave has a very innocent, child like quality, a dreamer who is open to the possibilities of everything that seems unbelievable and ruled by their emotions. This is about learning to get in touch with those emotions, act on them, give into them follow where your heart, not your head lies.

The Moon being sandwiched between these two cards also shows your confusion regarding which path to take. It speaks of emotions that can sometimes be erratic, which is emphasised by the lack of clarity that the moon casts over everything.

The shadow card, the thing hidden deep within is Judgement. This is definitely speaking about your other post. Alas it is you who is judging yourself. By turning away from your previous spiritual teachings do you feel that it is a type of disloyalty or disrespect? There is only one source of creation, under very different names, and however you find that in yourself is not the purpose of the journey, the purpose is purely to find that source by whichever means works for you.

I hope that makes sense.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:33 PM
55Degrees

Ladyrose92
I'll post your reading tomorrow.
I'm paying the price of being Florence Nightingale yesterday