Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 30-03-2018, 10:10 AM
Master
I got 22 decks. There's 4 I don't really use like the default Lenormand.
I currently use the other decks regularly as I'm doing readings for my YouTube channel and then I like to have cards from various decks in there.

Favorite Tarot deck is Tarot of Sexual Magic.
Oracle decks... Enchanted Map is a fave right now. But the Wicca Pack is too. I've never seen anyone else mention it or use it so I guess she didn't do a good job on marketing it, hihi. I hadn't used it myself for years, but now I do and it is extremely helpful and insightful.
I'm also glad I got the colour therapy cards by Inna Segal.

I am not a collector. I only get a deck when I feel it adds something new, something useful. Since I don't have a lot of money, I really must feel 'it' for a deck, otherwise I won't get it in.
Old 30-03-2018, 08:56 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.
Hi Sadie

I too have both the Gilded Tarot and the Dreams of Gaia. The Dreams of Gaia in particular has amazing artwork, however, I haven't really done any readings as yet on either of them. Both the books which came with the cards are very comprehensive, which I was very happy with.

I find it quite difficult to buy decks here, as there is only one crystal shop near me and they sell mostly oracle decks, hardly any Tarot decks and the ones they do sell, I've already got.

I also find that they are all sealed in plastic so it's difficult to get a feel for the cards. The only option is to Google and refer to other people's reviews of the decks. Some I've bought from this method has left me disappointed with either the artwork or the quality of the card stock, so I'm more cautious now when I purchase a new deck.

Having said all that, I tend to just collect them because I like the look of them, not to do actual readings with, though I'm quite sure one day I will.

I'm still what I would term a beginner in Tarot. I know other people have no problem using multiple decks but I personally find it too distracting to use other decks on this particular part of my journey. I feel that I need to read and study the whole book that comes with the decks, particularly ones like the Dreams of Gaia Tarot, which is quite different from the normal Rider Waite clone type of decks. At this stage I'd rather concentrate on the Rider Waite deck to feel more confident and intuitive before I venture onto something else as I then tend to feel too overwhelmed.

Thinking about it, there are a few that I've done a couple of readings before putting them away, more to have a "play" with them, but I then go back to the Rider Waite for readings. I bought Green Witch Tarot when on holidays recently and was really impressed with that particular deck and did do a few readings with it which I found were quite accurate and interesting to read with.

I've found 1 place where I saw some tarot and oracle decks and I didn't feel drawn to any of them. With the Dreams of Gaia deck, I feel like because of how different and complex it is, it will be a long while before I decide to purchase a new deck. I think I'm okay with that, I do like a challenge and I am in no rush when it comes to learning more about tarot. I feel like I'm still at a beginner level as well.
Old 30-03-2018, 08:58 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I got 22 decks. There's 4 I don't really use like the default Lenormand.
I currently use the other decks regularly as I'm doing readings for my YouTube channel and then I like to have cards from various decks in there.

Favorite Tarot deck is Tarot of Sexual Magic.
Oracle decks... Enchanted Map is a fave right now. But the Wicca Pack is too. I've never seen anyone else mention it or use it so I guess she didn't do a good job on marketing it, hihi. I hadn't used it myself for years, but now I do and it is extremely helpful and insightful.
I'm also glad I got the colour therapy cards by Inna Segal.

I am not a collector. I only get a deck when I feel it adds something new, something useful. Since I don't have a lot of money, I really must feel 'it' for a deck, otherwise I won't get it in.

Wow you have a lot of decks! I've never heard of any of these decks, but I definitely look into them and what they look like. I completely understand. Thanks for sharing!
Old 30-03-2018, 09:06 PM
Pathfinder

Hi Clover,

Thanks for sharing! That pic is very interesting, I'm going to check that deck out. It seems that a lot of people tend to shy away from decks where the artwork seem a little dark. I tend to do the opposite LOL! Well, if the artwork is very bold and vivid. That's what most of my decks look like. That aecletic website is where I really started looking at what deck I would want, that's how I started.
Old 30-03-2018, 09:12 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzle
Why, Oh Why, did no one warn me how addictive Oracle or Tarot Decks are? They should come with a warning label.

I am a total newbie. I don't know anything about Tarot (but am on my way!)

I was drawn to Colette Baron Reid Oracle Cards. I find the artwork breath-taking. I have Wisdom of the Oracle. Love it and my favorite!! I'm always surprised how perfectly divine my question is answered. Just amazed!!

I was drawn to Divination of the Ancients. Beautiful (to me)....

Then I bought The Good Tarot. Again...the artwork is breath-taking. Many reviews I have read say it is not a true Tarot deck. Have not used it yet.

Aaaaaaaaiiiii....I received an email that this site was having a huge sale. I had to go check it out (See?....I'm addicted...and happy about it )

So....I bought Postcards From Spirit ($9)....Wisdom of the Hidden Realms ($5)....Wisdom of Avalon Oracle Cards ($5)....and they were sold out of The Enchanted Map cards. My order is due to arrive within the next few days!!
----
I didn't know if I could mention the site so I am just playing it safe

I think I'm addicted as well, maybe a slight obsession lol. Divination of the Ancients tarot deck was another deck I was eyeing for a couple of months along side Dreams of Gaia. Some of the decks that you have list I will have to check them out. I do have a list somewhere in my room somewhere that is a list of tarot and oracle card decks that I looked at briefly and thought the artwork was nice looking. I have to find it and actually look and research about them to see if I still like them. Thanks for sharing!
Old 30-03-2018, 09:17 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic star
That's quite a lot of decks you have there and good ones. I have a collection of around 40 decks I have been collecting since my late teens. I choose a deck and stick to it for a weeks and then move onto something else. I don't buy every pretty deck that is out there anymore.
I got the oracle of emanations and the gothic tarot last month. I like dark decks, more into shadow work, and I like to feel the energy of the deck to know how it might work for me.
I have the Gilded Tarot by Ciro , that was my go to deck for the longest time, rather I carried it everywhere, even when I was traveling. Wherever I went it was in my bag.
I bought the Sirian starseeds tarot a few years back, instead of angels of atlantis.
Earth magic, Goddes oracle, romance angels were one of my first decks. I haven't used them in years.

I don't think I need tarot as much anymore, even when people ask for readings, I do just fine without them. Unless someone insists. For a quick reading, like one liner, or for a relatively long read, sometimes maybe I pull one or two cards out.
As in for a having a bit of fun and entertainment, sure they can be quite engaging, and seriously so. It's more personal than interactive for me now.

I don't think my collection can touch yours LOL. I did look at Sirian Starseeds first before I decided on Angels of Atlantis. Both are beautiful. I do think tarot and oracle decks are pretty fun and entertaining. I haven't given a lot of readings to other people. My family members and close friends, that's about it. I usually use them when I have a big urge to do so, or maybe a dream that I had that I need to clarify something. Thanks for sharing!
Old 31-03-2018, 04:55 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic star
Hi Dazzle,

Well yes it has been a journey in itself and there have been many changes. Tarot keeps me grounded. My journey didn't start with tarot itself, but it has been very good so far. I took up tarot because I wanted to learn something new and was quite intrigued watching psychics read cards for others. It turned from hobby to passion to profession and opened many doors for me. I found my best friends and amazing conversations as a result of it.
A friend who also started with me, has also developed her own style, and has been giving readings professionally, and doing very well for herself there.
It's a way of life almost for me now and those close to me . It keeps me busy, focused and well grounded.

Thanks for sharing, good to know you have been connecting well with your cards. All the best with your readings ~

I don't see myself doing oracle or tarot readings for others. Who knows what the future holds? Maybe you do Angelic Star I would start with family if I did decide to branch out. Right now I am content in learning and using the cards for myself.

You seem to have found an enchanting passion. Meeting other like-minded people sounds great. I'm happy for you to have made friends and enjoyed yourself along the way. Continued happiness on your journey!

Thank you for replying and being so kind
Old 31-03-2018, 05:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzle
I don't see myself doing oracle or tarot readings for others. Who knows what the future holds? Maybe you do Angelic Star I would start with family if I did decide to branch out. Right now I am content in learning and using the cards for myself.

You seem to have found an enchanting passion. Meeting other like-minded people sounds great. I'm happy for you to have made friends and enjoyed yourself along the way. Continued happiness on your journey!

Thank you for replying and being so kind

Sounds amazing, I still use the cards for myself and most of us here still do self readings occasionally, it's not rare to self read ^-^ We all start somewhere, and to each on their own paths at their own time . Thank you for your replies, all the best to you.
Old 31-03-2018, 05:23 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSadie94
I think I'm addicted as well, maybe a slight obsession lol. Divination of the Ancients tarot deck was another deck I was eyeing for a couple of months along side Dreams of Gaia. Some of the decks that you have list I will have to check them out. I do have a list somewhere in my room somewhere that is a list of tarot and oracle card decks that I looked at briefly and thought the artwork was nice looking. I have to find it and actually look and research about them to see if I still like them. Thanks for sharing!

Hi iSadie94

Lets face it...we are both addicted and obsessed Lol....I don't even know what to do with Tarot cards. I read your replies to others and you mention about checking out all the various decks. You're in trouble....hahaha!!

I had researched the first three Oracle decks I bought but that sale got to me and the decks for $5...how could an obsessed person pass that up? I didn't research them. I really don't have the extra money. I'm still happy I am getting them.

Maybe we will go to Tarot and Oracle Anonymous together and on the way we can stop at that Metaphysical store first.
Old 31-03-2018, 08:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSadie94
Wow you have a lot of decks! I've never heard of any of these decks, but I definitely look into them and what they look like. I completely understand. Thanks for sharing!
I think there's many on here who have a lot more decks than I do, hihi.
Considering that I bought my first deck some 12 years ago, it's not too bad. I've had years where I didn't use nor buy cards. But last year I got 7 decks in. That's extreme for me. There was 2 Tarot decks, 1 Lenormand (expanded version by Ciro Marchetti) and 4 oracle decks.
Geez... I wasn't aware, that is insane! 3 were pressies, the other 4 I bought myself. I must admit I get triggered by watching card readings on YouTube, which I started doing a lot last year. Then you see all these wonderful decks being used and some of them really appeal.

There's one deck I would love, but it's too expensive: Ciro Marchetti's Tarot. It costs $65. I'm not going to spend that much money on a deck.