Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 05-06-2011, 11:56 AM
green

so i have them now for over 2 months i think.
i think they are very beautiful and i do love them. i used them for several readings and i found the answer very accurate, also with the feedback i got from the people i used them on. there is something with these cards that see into people's deepest places.
but i must admit i have a very uncomfortable feeling from them as well. there is a very strong dark side to them. i don't know if it is evil or just dark, i think i would say dark, after all there is a dark side to our world and not all dark is evil, or so i think, and i feel this cards, yes there is much darkness in them, as well as light. but this dark thing, kind of makes me afraid or uncomfortable.
i think they are even darker then tarot cards, and tarot cards do have a dark side.

nothing stays hidden with these cards.

these are my thoughts so far

Green
Old 25-08-2011, 01:42 AM
Trieah

I just recently bought this deck as well. I think I know what you mean about having a dark kind of feel to them. I haven't had a whole lot of time to play around with them yet though. But I have enjoyed working with them, the little that I have.
Old 25-08-2011, 02:48 AM
Master
That is a particularly nice deck. I wouldn't mind having that one, the artwork is really special. I think that 'dark' feel is because they seem very 'grown up' theme-wise (the art), which I think I'd enjoy.

Old 25-08-2011, 07:16 AM
green

hi silver , i agree that the art work is very beautiful this was the reason why i bought them. but the dark side has nothing to do with the art work, when you work with these cards you will see it, just like Trieah wrote. there is something dark within the meaning of the cards even if you do not use the book to understand them. i don't say it is a bad thing or a good thing, it is just that.

g
Old 25-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Docha

Most the fearies picked its not advised to work with them. According to the book.

They are very negative, most reads forboding.

I have them lol incase you didn't guess.

I have realised you have to be ready to jear what you don't want to hear. I call it my shadow deck. It brings the dark to light. Actually though it works best when I'm cranky or out of sorts and say "ok lets hear the worst" then the positive reads come.

Which is how it became my shadow deck. Lol

I expected something different when I bought them it took me months to figure them out.
Old 25-08-2011, 08:25 AM
green

Docha

this makes lots of sense what you are saying, i guess this explains well what i mean with the Dark side of the deck.
i must say i love them, and i think this deck can give very deep readings, well i know. but i don't like to use them on a daily bases as it is too dark for me this way.

G
Old 25-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Master
Just looked and I notice they come from the same people who did Sacred Circle. hmm !
Old 25-08-2011, 02:28 PM
green

a new deck norse? but these are oracle cards.

G
Old 25-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Master
Just looking, just looking
Old 25-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Docha

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Just looked and I notice they come from the same people who did Sacred Circle. hmm !

How is the sacred circle deck?

Does it seem to have negative connotations?

The fairylore of ireland does tend to be a bit darker in nature. While some fairies are helpfull many are tricksters. My favorite part of the book is the mythology. I read those when I need clarification on the cards instead of the prophecy interpritations, as many times messages from the myths jump out at me, and not always as they did the author.

I can't use it daily either. It really gets me in a me against the world mindset. I haven't even mixed this deck with the others yet, but might try for challenging situations.

I do love the fact that its a challenge to read them. It stretches my brain and intuition, and keeps me from becoming complacent with reads. I wont use them for others unless I give them a run down of what to expect and they are still interested in seeing what comes up. Lol

To me no deck is worth tossing aside. Some just take a bit to understand.