Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Let7it7be7

Thanks Korryn. It does help. I feel I am ready to go further. I keep thinking "I don't know" The thing is I don't know what it is that I don't know about. Haha Sounds kinda silly written down. Usually when I think that, There is a lesson looming somewhere.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:16 AM
korryn92

I know how you feel about not knowing what you don't know about. LOL It sounds really silly written out but it makes sense when you know what it is and you feel it yourself.

I am glad it helped to know someone feels the same
Old 01-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Let7it7be7

See that feels strange to me. Someone else actually getting that. Could you imagine the responses, if I wrote that anywhere else? lol It's nice to not feel so "crazy" ;)
Old 01-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
In Celtic Lore, the black dog is Guardian of the Gates of the Underworld.
The personal Underworld is our unconsciousness, or sub-consciousness.
I think the appearance of the black dog means the gate has opened to some extent or another, and what was unconscious is starting to become conscious. This may be some small elements, or it can mean profound changes. That is a journey of initiation.
Many humans live in a main state of unconsciousness. So the "becoming conscious of sub-conscious material", although it may cause fear sometimes, and maybe even resistance to change, is a good thing.

Also mirrors Jungian Archetypes. Anima/animus, the self and the Shadow Self.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Let7it7be7

I hadn't really thought about the black dog in years. It seemed significant to me a few days after a very real feeling dream. In my dream I was trying to sleep and I "felt" evil around me, I felt it right near my head, Then I moved and felt a hand under my head, it quickly moved and went under the bed ( In my dream I was in my bedroom, however it was my old room, not my current room and it was the same but different.) I jumped up and ran and opened my door to see a man's folded arms with loose white sleeves. I couldn't move and then I forced myself to wake up.

I've been feeling like I sense evil a lot lately but now I'm wondering if it's not just "Powerfulness" and not actually evil at all.

I definitely do have fears creeping out lately. I also feel you guys have given me the answer to the black dog. I feel like I can put it behind me now.

Time to face those fears!!!

Thank you. :)
Old 01-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Let7it7be7
I hadn't really thought about the black dog in years. It seemed significant to me a few days after a very real feeling dream. In my dream I was trying to sleep and I "felt" evil around me, I felt it right near my head, Then I moved and felt a hand under my head, it quickly moved and went under the bed ( In my dream I was in my bedroom, however it was my old room, not my current room and it was the same but different.) I jumped up and ran and opened my door to see a man's folded arms with loose white sleeves. I couldn't move and then I forced myself to wake up.

I've been feeling like I sense evil a lot lately but now I'm wondering if it's not just "Powerfulness" and not actually evil at all.

I definitely do have fears creeping out lately. I also feel you guys have given me the answer to the black dog. I feel like I can put it behind me now.

Time to face those fears!!!

Thank you. :)

That which we don't understand makes us fearful. It could be something so great that your (conscious) mind is having a hard time wrapping itself around it.

I read a quote once (I think it was channeled material) where it said that you see us (i.e. angels), but we look like monsters to you, because your conscious mind has no grasp of something so immense. Interesting quote, no matter how true it is.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Let7it7be7

Thanks Immortal coil. I never seen it like that for me personally because I have always felt spiritual being around me. I see them sometimes, A lot more lately and it doesn't usually scare me, unless I see them right next to me. It's always only glimpses.

I have had both good and bad experiences of the spiritual kind. I believe anything is possible. That's why I choose the word "powerfulness" Maybe it's their strengths and powerfulness, That made me feel they were evil.

I have always found the unknown more,.. interesting than scary. Or so i thought,.... Maby there is more than meets the eye,.. or the mind.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let7it7be7
Thanks, Greenslade. Your wild guessing is spot on! Even when I was disconnected, it still called me at times and drew me back in. I'm way past the point of cool and trendy (I've never really been there, it was more like hiding from the world, as to be accepted.) I'm at the point where, I just need to be me, no matter what anybody else thinks.

I think i am ready for Tobi's Guardian. The dog was not a dream, it was very real. It hasn't happened since I was a small child. I was definitely not ready then. ;) I don't know what has me thinking about it now. It just seems significant for some strange reason.

I have been oh so very lost and I believe I am now "found" on some levels. Through the mist of a long period of suffering and darkness, I was set free, So I totally agree with you there.

I now feel very connected. Okay, I'll try to explain. I not used to putting these kind of thoughts in to words but here goes.
I now feel very connected to me and to life. I feel very connected to my friends but it feels like a very "Human" level. My family is something more. I have realised lately, just how spiritual they are but it's no where near the level I'm at. Actually, I think they think I'm weird. (In a good way.) lol

I have lots of people in my life. It's just that I don't feel any of them REALLY get me. Most of my friends and family feel I totally get them, which i think i do. It's just that, they don't get me in return. I mean, they do but not on that deeper level.

I long for those "deeper" connections. I long for people I can talk freely with (Like on this forum.) who will "Get" me. Even if they don't necessarily agree with everything, They will still get me and have their own ideas.

I believe what I believe but I don't believe any of it to be "right" or "Wrong" It just is and my mind can be changed at any given time, If the right words resonate with me or with signs and synchronicities.
I just feel that I need people who "get me" so I can talk freely and maybe help me to figure things out along the way.

I have never physically experienced the connection I long for but I feel it. Talking and words aside, I feel a connection,.. I don't know if I feel it "with" "somebody" or if I just feel it but i feel it. It's a different kind of love, A different kind of connection.

For the most part I'm okay with how things are but earlier, when I posted what you quoted. I just had a ..... "thing" Kind of like a sudden ... "Inner tantrum"? not really a tantrum,.. just like a deep "disturbance" maybe.

I don't know, I can't explain it but mostly I am fine except for the feeling of something more. but occasionally, out of no where I feel oh so lost but it's usually very short lived. It's strange i feel so clear but so confused at the same time.

You're very welcome :-)

You're connected to what you need to be connected to at this moment, so take your time to understand what you feel. This is the experience you need so just immerse yourself in it, longing for deeper connections will just detract from your experience and if it's meant to change, then it will. Baby steps as they say, take your time and don't rush headlong. Your friends may never 'get you' but that doesn't mean you have to walk away from them, as long as they accept you for who and what you are that's all that matters. In time the rest will come so relax and enjoy the moment, just having their acceptance is a blessing. I think you're going through changes at a rapid rate, which is why you sometimes get these feelings of being lost. Sometimes these things come in waves, the connection is the peak and the feeling lost is the trough. The other thing it could be is that sometimes our Spiritual self and human self becomes slightly 'out of sync' with each other. Don't worry too much about them, just allow yourself to have the feelings whatever they are and accept them as your own.

As for explanations, you're using the right words. It sounds very much as though you have found your own Light and that's the most important thing you will ever find. When that happens there's something special that's sent out into the Universe, so thank you for being you.

Yes there is something more, there always is :-) But sometimes all you can do for the moment is take your times - again baby steps or you'll just fall on your face. Not pretty lol. What I think you're experiencing is a slight 'out-of-sync', the clarity comes from your 'Spiritual you' and the confused comes from your 'human you'. Sometimes there's a bit of a time lag until the human you catches up, the Spiritual you can accept this easily and it becomes second nature if you like. The human you needs a little bit more time to process it. Live in the moment as far as you can. the feelings of something more might tend to pull you to a place you haven't been yet so you're going to feel a little 'outside yourself'. Come times the different 'parts' of you will learn to deal with things, it's just at this stage everything is new and different. One part of you might want to rush forwards while the other doesn't want to change and can't deal with the changes. It's nothing to worry about and often a little self-reassurance does the trick.

Keep an eye on the 'tantrums', they're not necessarily a bad thing though so don't get paranoid about them. Treat them as a warning flag that needs your attention, they are there for a reason and they are as much a part of you as anything else. Have you heard about the Inner Child? If not it might be worth a little exploration :-)
Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Let7it7be7

Thank you Greenslade! That was very detailed and i think your spot on the marker.
I have heard about the inner child but I have never really thought too much on it or researched into it. I think my inner child has been out a lot lately! I think she has been suppressed for so long, she came out with a deep passion!
Actually, I think after being out a lot for the last few months, maybe she is calming down and I'm finding the balance I never had? hmm
Old 02-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal coil
Also mirrors Jungian Archetypes. Anima/animus, the self and the Shadow Self.

Yes, when strong archetypes come up like this Black Dog, to my way of thinking it is an opening of a gateway in the psyche, and signals something creative going on. (though of course some things may be scary to encounter) It depends how it's handled, as to whether we learn to use the symbolism creatively with understanding, or just get scared and run away.