Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-06-2013, 03:34 AM
Master
It's surrounding truth, and even when the truth isn't comfortable, nothing compromises integrity. Remain true to conscience.
Old 20-06-2013, 05:23 AM
Juanita

I see the greater good as things like feeding the hungry and saving the wolves....
Old 20-06-2013, 05:31 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
I see the greater good as things like feeding the hungry and saving the wolves....

I think if im remembering right wolves nearly became extint in the US. I once listed to a documentary about them. They are truly amazing animals and have a lot in common with us. I met a half german shepard and half wolf dog once when i was a kid. That was pretty cool!
Old 20-06-2013, 06:17 AM
Master
I just leave the greater good to others and I just get on with life, whatever that is lol.
Old 20-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
I think if im remembering right wolves nearly became extint in the US. I once listed to a documentary about them. They are truly amazing animals and have a lot in common with us. I met a half german shepard and half wolf dog once when i was a kid. That was pretty cool!

I have two wolf dogs..They are intelligent, loving and spoiled...:-) Yes, we are having a tough time protecting the wolves here in the U.S.
Old 20-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
I have two wolf dogs..They are intelligent, loving and spoiled...:-) Yes, we are having a tough time protecting the wolves here in the U.S.

Wow! That is the coolest about you having wolf dogs!

What i remember hearing in the documentary is wolves got a bad rap from our ignorance. And ranchers being over protective of there live stock.

This brings up something about myself and the greater good and where the confusion starts for me. I drive every day so people can have food and material posessions. While doing so im polluting the planet. But people got to eat and so do i. So the one thing i can do is at least be helpful to others with my extra money. And i have lost the desire to have stuff compared to before. But gained a desire to learn how to live simple. When i retire i plan to grow some of my own food and such. Just not sure where yet. But got plenty of time to figure it out.
Old 20-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Master

Many interesting responses. I'll have to think about them more before I can give a proper response to them.
Old 20-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa
What do you think about the idea of the "greater good"?

Do you think it really exists? Why or why not?

Or is it possible to even know?

Maybe it depends on the timeline and scope from which one views it.

And then there's the "all is good" theory, or something like that... So any variation of experience is interpreted as being a good thing. And that good and bad are duality, so greater good is kind of trying to name something that can't be named, but just is? Not even is good, but just is...

Louisa - My view on this topic is that people find excuses to do almost anything based on what they think the majority of the people benefit from or the greater good. In so doing sometimes the weakest, poorest, least educated or undeveloped countries suffer. The "greater good" may only benefit the wealthiest because they sit with all the power, including at Government levels in which rules over society are made. Groups of people are always working their own agenda and that's where the flaw lies. I think it's dangerous to have a greater good mindset. After all, many wars have been fought and millions died for the greater good of country's citizens, citizens that often forget what the war is or was about to begin with or care enough about fallen soldiers and their families. I would like to see public policy makers back away from the "Greater Good" mentality.

Blackraven
Old 20-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Deactivated Account
Now im contemplating building a jeep for the mudboggs and sand dunes. So my ideas of growing my own food are taking a breather. Lol
Old 20-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Deactivated Account
So much for the greater good.

Its gonna pop wheelys and thats pretty good! Lol