Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 11-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I was thinking in terms of having a partner or crew also.

I have a friend who is wiling to help me, our problem is getting access to places. In the South here a lot of places won't let you investigate for basically ridiculous reasons. Case in point: There is a small Civil War cemetery about 2 miles from me, very creep vibe to it. City counsel won't let anyone perform investigations because its disrespectful to the dead.

Around here you have to know someone to get access to haunted property that isn't yours, and I am not a good ol' boy by any stretch, so that kind of shuts that door for me.

The Ouija board is starting to look like my last resort here.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Master
Quote:
The Ouija board is starting to look like my last resort here.

Oh, crop! It seems as if these places like the cemetery is a likely source, you could perform these tests nearby where you conceivably could draw them? I'd kinda like to know how you've tried drawing spirits/ghosts in the past.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Medium_Laura

I agree with Daisy. Maybe you need to really find out what ghosts are before you try to gain proof of their existence. They do exist and like living people, do not like to be put on display or "hunted". They are in their own form of turmoil and for whatever reason, are stuck between worlds. It isn't pleasant and usually those that are "haunting" an area, it is because they are trapped due to their own thoughts or actions that they had as an earth being.

There are many "haunted" locations. Simply research them and go with a reputable team. Learn all you can about the "why" and maybe with your respectfulness, they will make themselves known to you.

ETA: there are several Georgia paranormal teams. I'm in the South (Virginia) and we have 2 that do investigations.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Tindra

Scibat, how about you start out contacting someone nice? Do you have a relative that has passed away and who would help you out if they could? Or.. how about someone you admire that might have been an OK person while alive?

I haven't tried this but it might work: set up your equipment somewhere where you won't get disturbed, then relax and focus your thoughts on an individual and ask (internal voice) politely if they have time for a chat and if they would not mind dropping by for a visit. Explain to them about the equipment and what it is that you want to do and then ask if they can provide you with a sign.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Oh, crop! It seems as if these places like the cemetery is a likely source, you could perform these tests nearby where you conceivably could draw them? I'd kinda like to know how you've tried drawing spirits/ghosts in the past.

Up until now I have just visited haunted sites (during the day when I can't ge in trouble for trespassing) and took out my DVR and asked questions, politely. ("Is there anyone here?" "Would you like to talk to me?" If I have my Trifield-meter out, I'll also ask them to approach the device in my hand. Stuff like that. Pretty much the standard stuff you see on he ghost hunting shows.)

I haven't went and got a Ouija board yet. Everyone says they're dangerous, but I am kind of getting desperate, so willing to take the risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
I agree with Daisy. Maybe you need to really find out what ghosts are before you try to gain proof of their existence. They do exist and like living people, do not like to be put on display or "hunted". They are in their own form of turmoil and for whatever reason, are stuck between worlds. It isn't pleasant and usually those that are "haunting" an area, it is because they are trapped due to their own thoughts or actions that they had as an earth being.

There are many "haunted" locations. Simply research them and go with a reputable team. Learn all you can about the "why" and maybe with your respectfulness, they will make themselves known to you.

ETA: there are several Georgia paranormal teams. I'm in the South (Virginia) and we have 2 that do investigations.

Ironically I was with an investigative team (That is when I got most of my gear). However it was pretty dysfunctional because of drama (Nothing I was involved with) and they had some pretty lax investigative methods, so I left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tindra
Scibat, how about you start out contacting someone nice? Do you have a relative that has passed away and who would help you out if they could? Or.. how about someone you admire that might have been an OK person while alive?

The most recent passing was my best friend named Russel, he was a great guy and died in 2007. But I seriously doubt he stayed around, he probably made a beeline for the afterlife (assuming there is one).
Old 11-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
(Daisy: I live in North Central GA., no mediums around here that I know of, just a bunch of palm readers. [I couldn't afford one if there was.])

We have mediums here Scibat, admittedly it's not face to face but I know firsthand there is some amazing evidence comes through, have you placed a reading request? It might be worth a try. :)

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 11-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Deactivated Account
Alternatively you could learn to meditate.

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 12-05-2011, 03:58 AM
CJ82Sky

ouija boards are an often uncontrolled channel. i will never ever use one as my limited experiences were very scarily consistent with horror films.

as for ghosts, i have one here and she is also one of my guides. however she's very VERY shy. if you are even the slightest bit afraid of her, you will not see or hear her, yet friends who have no idea she is here who are not afraid will overhear her talking, or see her walking around the property.

sometimes it's a matter of being calm and patient. malevolent spirits i've found are much more willing to be heard and also harder to deal with if you are not experienced. benevolent spirits are often i've found more shy.

patience - and be sure of what you are dealing with before you dive in head first.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:35 AM
Master
Wise words, cj, I'm glad you said what you did.

Old 13-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Tindra

Scibat, I am very sorry to read about your best friend. My condolences.