Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 10-10-2015, 05:13 AM
Experiencer
To add an interesting thing.

Ramana Maharshi had a cow who was said to always follow him or stay near him (and this was recorded at some occasions). It was said the cow entered enlightenment before it died. Ramana was seen as a spiritual mentor not only for humans, but for animals too. It is said also other animals often came close to him. He had an energy field attracting many. He did not separate rich and poor, etc, and probably did not see animals as less.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:48 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free1
Maybe there are good humans among us.

It can be any animal.

We are destroying mother nature, what do you think the animals see when they look at humans I ask?
Old 10-10-2015, 03:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Why?

It is quite possible that the physical life form that a spirit/consciousness inhabits is a more or less direct reflection of the degree of development of their consciousness. The challenges and lessons presented to humans are likely far more complex than those that a basic animal encounters, and it is possible that it is this way by design. Those ready for more advanced learning opportunities will probably find themselves in a body, environment, and life that reflects that. It seems probable that most animals are tackling the most basic types of experiences and lessons and have not yet evolved to the point of guiding others. Perhaps, in a way, a lower-level consciousness, like that of a small animal, can guide beings who are less developed than they themselves are, although it would probably be in a different way than what us humans conceive of. But for a less developed being to guide a more developed being doesn't seem logical.

The point I made can potentially apply to all people, can it not?
Old 10-10-2015, 03:31 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Came to think about it: some people have spirit animal guides. But... are you a spirit animal to someone (another animal)? Are you a spirit animal to an ape for example, who is living on some other planet or in another dimension?

Such as in "The Planet Of The Apes" ?
Old 10-10-2015, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator
There often is a general misconception about the notion of humans being capable of greater spiritual development than those who come in the form of different species.
Spiritual development is not the same as intellectual development.
And what we call "spiritual development" is basically an achievement of a greater awareness of, and at-one-ment with the energies of "Source".
That is what it is. Not the intricacies of kundalini....not the yoga practices....not the discussion of philosophy....not religious ideals....not writing about the afterlife....or many other things.
Spiritual development is a stripping away of all that is unnecessary, or that hinders at-one-ment with Source.

As to what degree each living Creature (in any planetary system, including ours) is capable of that -I can't say, as my experience is so far limited to simpler things which I do know, and have experienced.

And I have experienced Souls who have lived on Earth in 'animal' form, and yet when returned to their natural spirit-state, have shown they were of a natural fine spiritual level, and lived it with graceful ease, and whatever species they inhabited in their life on Earth has little to do with it.
I have been honoured and humbled to know such Souls, who, while they were here, could never speak a word of English, or hold a discussion in philosophy....may have chased cats, inhaled their food, and probably pooped on the carpet at least once in their lives!
Put that way, it's hard to imagine, isn't it? It sounds hilarious and even ridiculous!

It is very strange that we do not yet see and appreciate each Soul we share life with for its own spiritual merits. Unless there's been some direct experience which shatters old ways of thinking, many of us will have to wait for that kind of awareness until we enter the spirt world. But there will be some intriguing and amazing shocks there.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:41 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
The challenges and lessons presented to humans are likely far more complex than those that a basic animal encounters

I once said the same thing but if you look at it from the animals point of view situations that we think look easy and not very complex could be for the animal, like a turtle trying to figure out how to get over a large rock for example.. that looks easy to us but place yourself in the turtles position and it might not be.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
I once said the same thing but if you look at it from the animals point of view situations that we think look easy and not very complex could be for the animal, like a turtle trying to figure out how to get over a large rock for example.. that looks easy to us but place yourself in the turtles position and it might not be.

Yes, this is true. I thought this was implied. Of course, it doesn't make my statement that you quoted any less true. Tasks that are simple for adults may be so utterly complex for children that they cannot even comprehend what is happening, so imagine the perceived complexity for animals. Of course, animals probably don't perceive this complexity in the same way. Who knows how an animal truly views the world and what it's mental processes are like? We can only guess.

Still, it makes sense that an advanced spiritual being/consciousness/soul would find the life of an animal rather dull and fruitless compared to the potential for learning that takes place amongst the human species.
Old 17-10-2015, 06:50 PM
Deactivated Account
I have had a dog guide me from my stomach. I felt him like a giant sniffing nose as like an extension of myself. He sniffed out my questions and concerns and i followed him through some of my awakening process. The dog nose felt like it could sniff out anything. Super faithful and like a blood hound. I will never forget.

Dogs are awesome!!!

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 17-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Experiencer
We assume our life is complex just because... because we perceive it to be complex? We even take it to be more complex then the lives of others. Are we really that special? What makes human life complex?
Old 18-10-2015, 07:38 AM
Experiencer
Are we more complex because we have a thumb with the most precise grip, allowing us to create all the tools we have? Is it because we have a culture based on facial recognition for communicating our desires? Is it because our language center has been trained to use symbols and our bodies to express them?

Are not the human more primitive, who are exercising and enjoying cruelty, and who needs a book (the bible) to tell us to not do it?

Are not humans the only specie finding itself in a world and with abilities too complex to handle? (we are destroying our planet for example). Is it precisely because we have the ability to be purely evil, and that we can chose not to do this evil, that we are complex. I see it as being even more primitive then animals, who succeed more then us in separating right from the purely evil.

Or are our evil nature just our primitive nature extended into a complex culture, and perverted by this complex culture, of symbols and abstract thinking, and we all are primitive animals trying to make sense of this complex world.

Some apes have a better pattern recognition ability then us, and still we see ourselves as more complex. How about the many other known and unknown abilities of other animals.