Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer
I believe we are all individuals.

Your sentence 'does individuality represent a particle or a piece of the same thing' I believe it can be both, we are particles of the same thing.

Take a really great box of lego and I'm not just talking about bricks. All the individual pieces, some round, some square, 2 holes, 4 holes, 6 holes some flat some deep etc. They are as similar as each other but all totally different. They all bring something different to the mix yet they are in essence all the same.

Hi Kramer

I like the lego analogy

I also like the slab of clay one.

A slab of clay maybe formed / shaped In appearance of vases, cups and plates.

That appearance gives the impression that they are separate / different from each other.

If clay had the conscious ability to realize what It was, the plates, the cups, the vases would all realize that they are all the same clay, and there Is and has only ever been clay.

x daz x
Old 10-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr
I just checked all around and above me, and even peeked in the closet and under the bed. There's nobody else here. I'm most definitely an individual.

Hi bbr

You didn't look within? he hee he

x daz x
Old 10-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
Hi mate,

okay, more sensible answer.....Im not going to say that we are individuals because thats an open invitation to the non-dualists to burst through the door with swords drawn. However, I would say that there are individual consciousness's. As you point out, if there weren't, they would be no unique experiences happening, we would all be experiencing the same thing. Actually it goes beyond that, because if there were no unique experiences happening there would be no experience at all!

In order that God or Source can experience itself, it requires individual consciousness's. It requires uniqueness, difference, duality. If it was all blue there would be no experience of blue or anything else. It requires a rainbow of colour in order that it can experience itself.

So what I think we have is formless and form, and then the individual consciousness resides in the middle (though ultimately none of it is separate). Without an individual consciousness there would be nothing to give shape to the form (which is essentially just material) The individual consciousness gives shape and uniqueness, it is crucial to the diversity of Creation.

Hi baboon

As you point out, if there weren't, they would be no unique experiences happening, we would all be experiencing the same thing

Yes agreed. We would otherwise all be having a baboon moment so to speak

I feel It matters not as to whether Individuality Is experienced via illusory planes of existence or not..

What we are Is not illusory.

To where In essence we experience what we are Is.

x daz x
Old 10-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
What do people think regarding Individuality.

Any thoughts..

x daz x

Hi daz
I feel I am an individual expression of consciousness ...
Old 10-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Hi daz
I feel I am an individual expression of consciousness ...

Hi ya sound

I am Interested In your explanation to what you feel Individuality Is In relation to one-ness or separation? If u wanna share that Is lol

Also Interested In your thoughts - do you feel that what you are Is consciousness - or do you feel that what you are expresses just that within consciousness?

x daz x
Old 10-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi ya sound

I am Interested In your explanation to what you feel Individuality Is In relation to one-ness or separation? If u wanna share that Is lol

Also Interested In your thoughts - do you feel that what you are Is consciousness - or do you feel that what you are expresses just that within consciousness?

x daz x
Hi again daz :)
I will try to elaborate although I am not so good at explaining stuff. I feel 'being' individual means 'being' one of a kind ... enjoying a human kind of experience. We are one and many ... I feel that consciousness is all encompassing so yes in that respect i am consciousness and of consciousness and surrounded by consciousness. I dont have the words however it seems we experience a sense of separation so that we can, in deed experience the uniqueness of one self ...
Old 10-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Hi again daz :)
I will try to elaborate although I am not so good at explaining stuff. I feel 'being' individual means 'being' one of a kind ... enjoying a human kind of experience. We are one and many ... I feel that consciousness is all encompassing so yes in that respect i am consciousness and of consciousness and surrounded by consciousness. I dont have the words however it seems we experience a sense of separation so that we can, in deed experience the uniqueness of one self ...

Thanks sound you put words together just fine

We are one and many

Yes I agree one and the many are the same..

x daz x
Old 10-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Master
In my world there is community, insight, love, real quality;
the individual is the total, the totality is in the individual.
All are One and the One is All..

- Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 10-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Lisa

(i am) a temporary expression, a manifestation of consciousness- merely thinking it is an individual.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
(i am) a temporary expression, a manifestation of consciousness- merely thinking it is an individual.