Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 12-04-2011, 04:38 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
As long as it all true Love, not worldly love then that's all you need, nothing else, no bible, for that will only get in your way, it will drag you down to a past mud pit.

Well hold on here, you're imposing a set of rules upon us. We don't need your rules, and what dictates as worldly love? Rules and people who point towards themselves have their own self interest and agendas from what we have learnt in the past. Don't worry I won't point towards any scripture but if you're going to impose something new then come up with something new not selective.

By the way I have been writing a book for a time psychoslice, and the title is psychosis, a series of stories that came about from when, well you guessed it.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:39 AM
nightowl

They are ancient documents that were placed into a book and became known as the Bible. It is a collection of poetry, history and allegorical stories. They are sacred to some and important to their culture. I believe we have progressed and some of the laws and such stated in the Bible are outdated. There are insights within its pages just as there are insights in many other sacred and ancient documents. It probably shouldn't be taken literally but as in all things humans have a unique way of twisting and turning things to fit their own perspectives. Follow your heart when it comes to moral issues. I believe most of us know right from wrong.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
Well hold on here, you're imposing a set of rules upon us. We don't need your rules, and what dictates as worldly love? Rules and people who point towards themselves have their own self interest and agendas from what we have learnt in the past. Don't worry I won't point towards any scripture but if you're going to impose something new then come up with something new not selective.

By the way I have been writing a book for a time psychoslice, and the title is psychosis, a series of stories that came about from when, well you guessed it.
Ha ha, no there not laws, its just what arises from within, yea, you find your own scripture from within your own Being, that was my whole point.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:45 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
They are ancient documents that were placed into a book and became known as the Bible. It is a collection of poetry, history and allegorical stories. They are sacred to some and important to their culture. I believe we have progressed and some of the laws and such stated in the Bible are outdated. There are insights within its pages just as there are insights in many other sacred and ancient documents. It probably shouldn't be taken literally but as in all things humans have a unique way of twisting and turning things to fit their own perspectives. Follow your heart when it comes to moral issues. I believe most of us know right from wrong.

Well our prisons are overcrowded with people who exhibit no such signs, and by their definition of honor and loyalty they stand fast in their code of ethics for honor amongst thieves and other criminal or gang brotherhood. Perhaps these are the same kinds of things that you have shared that simply can be twisted.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Wonderfully said nightowl.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:54 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Well our prisons are overcrowded with people who exhibit no such signs, and by their definition of honor and loyalty they stand fast in their code of ethics for honor amongst thieves and other criminal or gang brotherhood. Perhaps these are the same kinds of things that you have shared that simply can be twisted.

Thanks psychoslice...;)

Shim, yes, and also if they choose to live a life without morals then that is their free will. But there is hope in knowing that MOST people do not choose to do such things. In my opinion if there are those who do not choose to open to Spirit then their view of life can be skewed. I do want to mention that I understand there are many with emotional and mental imbalances which can add to such bad choices, but even then not all with these conditions choose to commit criminal acts. Life has many influences and I certainly don't have all the answers, but I do have hope!
Old 12-04-2011, 05:02 AM
Shim

Quote:
Thanks psychoslice...;)

Shim, yes, and also if they choose to live a life without morals then that is their free will. But there is hope in knowing that MOST people do not choose to do such things. In my opinion if there are those who do not choose to open to Spirit then their view of life can be skewed. I do want to mention that I understand there are many with emotional and mental imbalances which can add to such bad choices, but even then not all with these conditions choose to commit criminal acts. Life has many influences and I certainly don't have all the answers, but I do have hope!

Yes, well said nightowl, and there's no one better to present the way to these people then the spiritually enlightened. They aren't to blame for their actions, no one should judge another. And they obviously have not presented themselves as having any free will in their choices. Perhaps we should begin donating to spiritual forums to begin some kind of spiritual ministry to turn these people around and give to them a choice in life.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:19 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Yes, well said nightowl, and there's no one better to present the way to these people then the spiritually enlightened. They aren't to blame for their actions, no one should judge another. And they obviously have not presented themselves as having any free will in their choices. Perhaps we should begin donating to spiritual forums to begin some kind of spiritual ministry to turn these people around and give to them a choice in life.

It is not up to us to turn them around per se as with any problems the person themselves have to decide they want help or want to change, if they are not at that place yet, well no ministry would change them. We all just need to remember that second chances are allowed, when the opportunity to help arises then we can help. The judgment of man does not bring about the righteousness of God/Spirit.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:36 AM
Shim

Quote:
It is not up to us to turn them around per se as with any problems the person themselves have to decide they want help or want to change, if they are not at that place yet, well no ministry would change them. We all just need to remember that second chances are allowed, when the opportunity to help arises then we can help. The judgment of man does not bring about the righteousness of God/Spirit.

Yes, there's much less for me to do in taking a passive approach, after all who am I, my brother's keeper? You're right, everybody deserves a second chance, but how does one offer a second chance without incriminating themselves as being judgmental? Therefore, if we are not judging the action then how can one receive a second chance?
Old 12-04-2011, 06:05 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Yes, there's much less for me to do in taking a passive approach, after all who am I, my brother's keeper? You're right, everybody deserves a second chance, but how does one offer a second chance without incriminating themselves as being judgmental? Therefore, if we are not judging the action then how can one receive a second chance?

We can offer but the key is the second chance comes when they are ready to initiate it. It is not being passive when you show genuine concern for another, very often what is miss guided is when the concern becomes forced on another. There are many ways to help those who struggle both passive and aggressive but it still comes back to an individuals desire to change. Much time and many resources can go into helping an individual, and many times because the will to change isn't present the help falls by the way side.
Helping other to understand the choices they make and the consequences of those choices is a noble thing and is important, that is unconditional love, but the outcome is still determined by the individual. Sometimes it is all in how you say things as to rather it comes out as feelings of concern or feelings of judgment. If they aren't ready to receive it, then it isn't the right time. Give freely expecting nothing in return, let God/Spirit bring them to where they can hear and than be there to help if they ask. If you are a Christian believer I am sure you have heard the statement you can dislike the behavior, but not the person. It is not an easy thing to stand by and see someone self destruct but you just have to be there and wait for them to come around, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't and sometimes you just never know.