Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 04-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Search
PM sent
Your on my buddy list, hope you don't mind.

Hey Search,

If this was for me, I'd be honoured to be on anyones buddy list ...... I didn't even know We had them, hehe.

I didn't recieve any pm's though ??
Old 05-08-2011, 06:41 AM
Search

hhhmmmmmmm, I thought that may have been the case as I later checked my Sent box and could not find the rather choice words I used in contacting you. I was depleted by that stage and thought I would wait and see what happens.

Oh well ... I shall try again ... I am a rather persistent fellow
Edit...forgive the off topic conversation peoples ... I actually gave the message a topic this time; hopefully it will get through this time. Unless it becomes such an effort, it never seems worth while. Perhaps crossing paths like this may be worth while :)
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Actually...I'll update on my progress on the Buddha quest:... to be continued :
Old 05-08-2011, 07:49 AM
Search

... OK ... Eggs collected ... (Yes yes, I know they are not on the diet, but no convictions here) ... Veggies watered and Land Lord giving notice ... talk about Synchronicities! I'm happy I will have time to put in my potatoes!!!

Basically I popped into the Buddhist center and left a note for the lady I was to meet that morning I freaked out and did not turn up as I said I would.

I thought long and hard about the "No Big Deal Factor" ... I even explained to the person that I left the note with just about that point ... I felt I owed it to her to apologize if not to express my insecurities. I felt better for doing so.

I managed to catch up to my friend whom took me there and to my surprise he said he was also struggling with his own convictions with regard to conflicting Christian Doctrine and so on. He was having unsettling dreams. I could only say I was experiencing similar although I tended to steer it away from the "spiritual warfare concept", as that often only leads to more fear ... instead I expressed my focus towards needing to move on and at the same time apologized to my friend for having gossiped that "he" should let go of his Christian circles and decide in which circle he is to stand. I know there is Irony in that sentence as I still feel having a foot in each camp, while seemingly makes us feel open, can at the same time screw with our minds.

Whilst we both kept talking about how much we were screwed up with the fear from our Christian beliefs, I kept searching in my mind as to why I felt such a need to cut my ties from once concept before evaluating another ... especially considering that the opposing view was hard in prayer against my efforts to search for enlightenment to begin with...AKA, my loving parents...God Bless Em ...

You know the last time I saw them ... recently ... I handed my step Dad an envelope. Inside it was a Buddhist Totem that I had hanging over my rear view mirror. Written on the envelope was "Thank You for your Prayers, I am blessed to have such caring parents as you" My friend whom took me to the Buddhist center still jokes about my parent ridicule of me and my willingness to give into them. This sadden me that my friend thinks like so ... as too my wife ... I tried to explain the reason I gave the envelope was not so much because of my fear for searching elsewhere, but out of respect and my own sorrow to see them so concerned ... however I do admit that so strong has been the ridicule from not only my parents, but from the stirct and cultish Christian upbring that I am in fact still struggling to walk toward what light I see outside those set boundaries.

None the less ... I shall continue ... Strive ... to remain open ... to be honest and so on. Perhaps I need to hold back and not be so open, however I do genuinely feel that the suffering I have been subjected to has left me feeling rather ... NOT as hung up as others, when I am so open ... This kind of makes me think about my homelessness days.

Forgive me as I have had a little ale tonight ... however am glad to have opened up a little more. Take care and if you don't mind ... I will be thankful for any prayer from anyone if it could be given with as much reverence as my own parents.

Take Care
Dave.... ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Armi ... toe foo .......or however it goes.....was listening to it throughout out this post ;) ... shalom and God Bless.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Search

To make things even more amusing, my Step Dad is Singaporean and speaks Mandarin well. I only wish I could understand such a language to bridge the Gap ... yet I love him very much despite his rigid Christian beliefs ... He means well.

Mum is Jewish and Nan ... God Love her especially so ...
Old 05-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Master
Hiya Search, message received loud n' clear this time. PM sent back. ...... Hey I hope someone else didn't get those choice words !!!, lol.

I understand what You're saying about the inner conflict between the 2 supposedly separate faiths, I find the same, although I've come to believe from kinda just reading between the lines, that the message is essentially the same.

A lot of it seems to be down to personal interpretation. I wouldn't get too hung up on it either way.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Search

Roger that! Just enjoying the reflections and backing the truck up. Sometimes these places make good dumping grounds ... in hindsight when feeling a tad lighter :)
Old 05-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Master
No worries Search, that all makes good sense.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Search

I love it ... Reading Between The Lines!
I'm gong to think about that today ... while I'm out doing things. In the mean time ... I've moved our discussion over here if your interested
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...197#post285197
Perhaps we can look more into that?
Old 04-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Cal

Samana, I enjoyed the link you provided. I found the metta meditation area particularly interesting, and have been doing it for a couple of weeks almost daily. Thanks for posting the link!

Wishes of health and happiness,
Cal
Old 07-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal
Samana, I enjoyed the link you provided. I found the metta meditation area particularly interesting, and have been doing it for a couple of weeks almost daily. Thanks for posting the link!

Wishes of health and happiness,
Cal

I'm happy that you found it useful, Cal.