Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-03-2022, 09:25 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
What is 'god'?
God= the true living God
god = has godlike qualities

In 1822 a bible translator compared the Greek and English NT side by side in his translation-- a god, in the last line at John 1:1, not God.
Many other translations in history had a god or was divine. They were correct.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:37 PM
Master
wow, lots of great responses.

Some say Jesus Christ was just a man, or maybe a great teacher. But He was and is much more than that? The Bible says Jesus is unique in both His person and His purpose. He wasn’t just some spiritual individual during His time on earth; He was both God’s Son (John 3:16) and God Himself—God in human flesh (1 Timothy 3:16). Yes, He was fully man, but He was also fully God (Colossians 2:9).

The claims Off the web.

Jesus claimed to be God. It might be hard to understand how this could be true, but it’s important to remember that God is much bigger and more powerful than we can comprehend. We do know that Jesus said He existed before Abraham (John 8:58). He claimed that He and His Father are one (John 10:30), and that He is equal with the Father (John 5:17-18).

Not only did He claim to be God, but He also claimed to have the power of God. He said He has the authority to judge the nations (Matthew 25:31-46). He claims the authority to raise people from the dead (John 5:25-29) and to forgive sins (Mark 2:5-7)—things only God can do (1 Samuel 2:6; Isaiah 43:25).

Further, Jesus says He has the power to answer prayers (John 14:13-14), and that He will be with His followers always (Matthew 28:20). The New Testament equates Jesus to the creator of the universe (John 1:3), and in John 16:15, He says, “All that belongs to the Father is mine.”

I think he was God in the flesh. That's if you have faith in the Biblical claims. If I stop and think critically about it, it's rather amazing, life is amazing.

I can understand some peoples skepticism. I have my days when I just don't know... rest on my prayers and faith I guess.
Old 11-03-2022, 11:00 PM
Just to tell you ---I think Jesus is so close to God that in the Afterlife -
it would be hard to distinguish where
the Divine Father's Light is and where Jesus is on the right side.
(As also told by someone else that was there and kinda said something
pretty close to that very thing!)

I believe there is nothing Jesus said or did that was not directed, like by a link, by the Father.
THAT is how connected and at one with the Father he is and will ever be; bringing souls back to Him, the Creator Father, Source of All...
doing only his Father's Will.
He is the Son, yet, so close he is as if one with his Father.

And like me, Jesus knows that God, the Father, is THE most personal Being ever, the most intimate Being ---
not some Mind or 'energy' that is 'impersonal'.
(Ugh -calling God just 'energy' is like calling a baby just a 'thing'.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-03-2022, 11:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Just to tell you ---I think Jesus is so close to God that in the Afterlife -
it would be hard to distinguish where
the Divine Father's Light is and where Jesus is on the right side.
(As also told by someone else that was there and kinda said something
pretty close to that very thing!)

OK..

I hope to see that too one day. Then I will have seen it too!
Old 11-03-2022, 11:13 PM
Sorry, added tons more to my last post! Ha! :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-03-2022, 11:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Sorry, added tons more to my last post! Ha! :)

Yes, I see that very good, seems true to me too...

And like me, Jesus knows that God, the Father, is THE most personal Being ever, the most intimate Being ---
not some Mind or 'energy' that is 'impersonal'.
(Ugh -calling God just 'energy' is like calling a baby just a 'thing'.)

Yes, that is true. I know him too, like a very good friend. I thought babies were just a crying thing at times.....lol.

Anyway, I am going to try to lighten up a bit on my personal views, all views are welcome here. God or our experiences are personal.
When I pray I generally pray to God and not Jesus, it just seems more natural to me.
I feel more Jesus-like when I pray as he did to the Father.
Old 11-03-2022, 11:34 PM
Taking a weekend break from here to restore my faith in man.
The ignorance some have is too much.
I'm not embarrassed, after all - Jesus, himself could take so much; going off in solitude all the time...this is not brought up enough!

Ha, review what he said after his transfiguration....Oh perverse generation ...How long must I bear you.
He was broken for a minute.
Thank you, Nowayout, you're sweet . :)

Old 11-03-2022, 11:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Taking a weekend break from here to restore my faith in man.
The ignorance some have is too much.
I'm not embarrassed, after all - Jesus, himself could take so much; going off in solitude all the time...this is not brought up enough!

Ha, review what he said after his transfiguration....Oh perverse generation ...How long must I bear you.
He was broken for a minute.
Thank you, Nowayout, you're sweet . :)

He was so human, and yet so divine... Have a nice weekend.
Old 12-03-2022, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoni7510
Was Moses a human being? Was Mary a human being? Was Jesus a human being?

Hi Shoni, yes they all had souls. I have a great love for Mary, the mother of Jesus.
Old 12-03-2022, 12:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
.... just like a husband and wife are one.

Yes, it could be seen like that. A link bound in Love.