Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-04-2020, 05:12 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Quote:
Not everyone has used there free will to do bad.

Who did you have in mind?

Scriptures seem to say we are all born sinners. That would even include Jesus and he is shown as sinning against the money changers. Some of his teachings are also immoral so one might see that as his encouraging sin.

Quote:
When mankind was made in the image of God, it included free will. Are you saying we would be better off if we did not have free will?

???

To make a free willed choice, does one not need to know what they are choosing from?

Did A & E know if they were making a good choice or an evil choice when they chose an education and moral sense when they chose to eat from the tree of knowledge?

How could it have been when they had no knowledge of good and evil?

Regards
DL
Old 13-04-2020, 05:15 PM
MAYA EL

Multiple choice has been relabeled as free will by christianity
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
DL

sorry, but that is so NOT true! Rev. 4:11 does NOT show that Jehovah God created “evil” for his “Pleasure.” I went through 55 different Bible version all pretty much Ends it this way...(”For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created”Rev. 4:11). This verse I post here, is from the NKJV. ONLY, as I suspected, four Bible versions used (“for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created”), 3 were other kjv. There's a reason why out of 59 Bible versions ONLY 4 ,(3 being kj), satan made sure word “PLEASURE” was placed. It was to negatively point to Jehovah God of ENJOYING Evil.

Now, he did say, he created evil or wicked (Pro. 16:4 The Lord has made all for Himself, Yes, even the wicked for the day of doom). But NOT in the since of what satan wants MANY to believe. Jehovah God didn't create “wickedness” or “evil” as an act for humans. NOR did he create Angels to become “wicked” and “evil.” when Jehovah said he created “the wicked.” he was referring to the fact that he created ALL, some who became “wicked”,due to their OWN selfish desires!

it was already in the Hearts of men or wicked angels, In which he knew some just would not change. Jehovah God does NOT use “evil” or “wickedness” for his “Pleasure”, (James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempt he any man). Nor does Jehovah God approve of wickedness or evil acts. see (Pro. 8:13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogance, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate). And (Pro. 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil).

Why would he create these acts for mankind, when he created them originally to be PERFECT sinless humans? “sin” was NEVER CREATED for Human “development.” Neither did “ancient Christians determined that sin was necessary for our development.” if they thought that way, MEN like Noah ,Abraham, Moses, and especially Jesus, would have lived a life of sin...then DIDN'T! You say “ I happen to agree with the scriptures and Christians who say the sin and evil is good and necessary to god’s plan.”

first, there's NO word from God in which he says...”i plan to make people “SIN” and act “EVIL”, so that they may “develop.” I would NEVER agree with that logic because it's untrue. Also because satan is the root of ALL evil. This is why we are warn to put on the shield of armor against satan's tricks ,(Ephe. 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil). everything “wicked” or “Evil” came from satan. Which will soon be done away with ,(1John 3:8 He that commit sin is of the devil; for the devil sin from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil). [peace
ketzer

Quote:
God created evil for his pleasure. Do you recognize the pleasure of creating and doing evil?

Rev 4;11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Some people have what has been termed, the problem of evil. Many cannot fathom why, if god is good, he would create evil. Yet the scriptures are clear that god created evil for his pleasure.

It may be due to my criminal mind and delinquent attitude, but I think I know why. I wondered if you ands others had also dithered out a reasonable answer to show why sin and evil are required for god’s plan and our mental and moral development.

This fact is likely why the ancient Christians determined that sin was necessary for our development. They sing that Adam furthered god’s plan by his sin.

To them, even as Christianity and I clash, and the intelligent position, is that to not sin or do evil, is to derail god’s plan.

In this, issue, I happen to agree with the scriptures and Christians who say the sin and evil is good and necessary to god’s plan.

Do you?

Regards
DL

But but but, wouldn't derailing God's plan be considered doing evil. So only doing good would be evil because it derails Gods plan..... which requires us to do evil, which we are doing by only doing good, which is an evil thing to do, so ....help me out here?
Old 13-04-2020, 05:18 PM
Master
Thanks Lynn.

Well, myself, I have come to understand that Ego in humanity, related with the survival instinct, is to be equated with the devil, and "evil".
Just think about for a bit concerning violence, greed, etc. in the world.
Is the love of money the root of evil, or, is the love of money a consequence of ego?

This also, seems to me, links Far Eastern thought with Christian thought and teaching.

Isn't the Gospel and new testament a more eastern perspective over the old testament?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 13-04-2020, 05:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Who gave us the capability of miss-using free will?

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature, then the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

Psalm 51:5 "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."

Regards
DL

Psalm 51:5 is one of the most ridiculous amongst many, the mindset of whoever wrote it is troubling.
Old 13-04-2020, 05:24 PM
ImthatIm

We can also look at it as a great way to learn.

I have learnt many lessons from the results
of missing the mark and finding a result that I did not care for.
I have rendered my learning to what is of Infinite LOVE
and what is not which I see fear as not Love.
So I choose LOVE, which is God.

You can also see a teaching in the black wolf and white wolf story.

The Fight of Two Wolves Within You
An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life:

“A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.

“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.
One is evil–he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed,
arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies,
false pride, superiority, and ego.”

He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope,
serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity,
truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you–
and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:
“Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”
Old 13-04-2020, 05:25 PM
Master
jojo50, thank you for your thoughts.

As for free will, God has told people what he expects from them. If they do not do what God wants, it isn't God's fault but is the fault of the one who refused to listen to God.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 13-04-2020, 05:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
But but but, wouldn't derailing God's plan be considered doing evil. So only doing good would be evil because it derails Gods plan..... which requires us to do evil, which we are doing by only doing good, which is an evil thing to do, so ....help me out here?

Now I do have a headache
Old 13-04-2020, 05:31 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Now I do have a headache
I have caused you a headache, which is an evil thing to do, so I have done my good deed for the day. My work is done for now, come back tomorrow and I will poke you in the eye with a sharp stick.... I mean, for the greater glory of God of course.