Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-02-2019, 04:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
I also believe...
Spiritual enlightenment becomes life transition.
Where as Spiritual awareness is just life perspective.
So, for life transition to occur, absolute surrendering is necessary.
Surrendering all your beliefs of self, ego, and control.. I think....

(See here, I am not surrendering my physical self or all my physical comforts. , I do not intent to, no never. )

We may say that surrendering is preceded by recognising and accepting that the happiness we seek cannot be found in the ephemeral external. Once this truth dawns on us, we voluntarily choose to shift the fulcrum of our consciousness inwards in lived reality, in thought, word & deed.

Like the swaying pendulum no doubt we will go back & forth which is alright but the tilt will shift towards the eternal found in the internal.

Surrendering then may be likened to a non-doer doing in choosing to tune into a subtler frequency. It is neither courageous nor defeatist since there is no doer present. The doing if any is in the choosing.

About worldly comforts ... pleasures ... and the pain (!) we engage without association, unfettered, free flowing & unclinging and hence unaffected.

Even when one with Oneness in meditational attention, we are dissolved yet distinct. The change is that knowing the interconnectedness of all as one, we ascend as in become prayerful & mindful of the vibrations we choose to resonate with. Call it whatever you like!

Old 26-02-2019, 05:00 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
In my opinion,
the only difference between Spiritual enlightenment and Spiritual awareness is Surrender.

Without surrendering, the spiritual journey, no matter how intense, can not take the person to the enlightenment state where one can completely accept and trust its soul's journey... and believe our souls intentions are based on unconditional love. - although our human minds can not always understand their intentions..
We reach "As is" state where all matters are as should be.

Otherwise, all spiritual learning becomes just awareness, just another intellectual knowledge, just another tool.

So, I ask.
What does surrender mean to you?
Do you think spiritual enlightenment can still be possible without surrendering?

the removal of what blocks one from spirit.

no it cant be possible because its an experince. which cant happen unless open to it. thus a surrendering has to happen.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 26-02-2019, 07:32 AM
Knower

Yes, I'm coming to understand the meaning of surrender and it's benefits to the spiritual enlightenment process.

I'm only experiencing the beginnings of a kundalini awakening as I've come to understand. Sometimes the physical symptoms can get quite sore, especially my scalp. A pressure that becomes like a tension headache. But instead of ignoring the feeling or feeling bad about it I'll just turn all my attention on it and set an intention of surrendering to the experience and something like 10-15 minutes later it's gone as if it never happened.

So as running says, I believe it's a process of removal of what blocks one from spirit.

Heal yourself and you heal the world

~
Old 26-02-2019, 01:31 PM
Master
Acceptance, opening, surrender, trust...these things are all important.

There are, as noted, many flavours. There is intellectual opening and illumination. Emotional. Spiritual or transcendent. Physical. All of these are involved.

Also, there is the collective experience of interbeing. Such that we find a balance between ownership and attachment, between being and interbeing. And I think that balance means that we value others even more deeply, the more closely we are connected, whilst coming to value the humanity of all ever more truly...meaning, with equanimity. To do these things whilst letting go of expectation is key.

However, letting go of expectation does not absolve us of setting reasonable and healthy boundaries for engagement with others in any relationship and in any setting, based on the principles of authentic love...i.e., of lovingkindness and nonviolence).

So, IMO surrender to What Is must still be tempered with healthy boundaries for engagement with What Is. In our manifest reality. And non-attachment must be tempered with a healthy measure of interbeing and deepening of our connections.

Not as easy as all that, after all, eh?

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 26-02-2019, 02:26 PM
Master

Quote:
In my opinion,
the only difference between Spiritual enlightenment and Spiritual awareness is Surrender.

Without surrendering, the spiritual journey, no matter how intense, can not take the person to the enlightenment state where one can completely accept and trust its soul's journey... and believe our souls intentions are based on unconditional love. - although our human minds can not always understand their intentions..

Otherwise, all spiritual learning becomes just awareness, just another intellectual knowledge, just another tool.

So, I ask.
Do you think spiritual enlightenment can still be possible without surrendering?

surrender - letting go of control.
Letting everything that arises within to be experienced as your process requires. Surrender in this case, no longer containing your unfolding, surrendering in trust of what is to come. Living more open and aware to what is.
The body is a remarkable machine, it knows what doesn’t belong, it knows what is right for itself. If you can’t let go, surrender the reins and trust deeply, you will continue to control those parts your not willing to surrender. Chop wood carry water. Chop wood carry water. Life’s more interesting if you trust yourself and your life.

Old 26-02-2019, 02:36 PM
Master

Quote:
In my opinion,

So, I ask.

surrender - letting go of control.
Letting everything that arises within to be experienced as your process requires. Surrender in this case, no longer containing your unfolding, surrendering in trust of what is to come. Living more open and aware to what is.
The body is a remarkable machine, it knows what doesn’t belong, it knows what is right for itself. If you can’t let go, surrender the reins and trust deeply, you will continue to control those parts your not willing to surrender, so you block the otential of flow. Chop wood carry water. Chop wood carry water. Life’s more interesting if you trust yourself and your life.

Old 26-02-2019, 03:06 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Let me ask you: can you extend your [1] view to the way you perceive the you-in-your-dreams? Do you create your dreams with unconditional love?

Can you see your dreaming self's [2] negative emotions replaced by peaceful harmony because they are unnecessary? Obviously we don't like to have nightmares, but do you think that by surrendering to our nightmares we would get lucid, or at least achieve peaceful harmony?

These are examples of why I was writing about surrendering being counterproductive in pursuing enlightenment.

Hmm...
Surrender comes in many different ways.... 8 billions plus.
Hence my curiosity of yours.
But I agree with yours, as yours..
Old 26-02-2019, 03:13 PM
Ascender
Everyone has their own surrender.
Some more colorful
Some with more depth
Some with caution
Some still at the doorway
Hesitant to let go.
But all are accepted
As each's journey
Sharing of each
Learning of different
Expands each own
Surrender
Not just once
But it is daily
Even every second
To remember

Yeah...
In my perspective,
Surrender is something that one has to do it over and over.
Spiritual enlightenment can be just a moment of consciousness.
One has to find the way again and again
with remember to surrender again and again....

We learn from each other how we do and stay in surrender, as our lives pull us to our knees and defeat us with our own weakness.
Old 26-02-2019, 04:11 PM
Master

All said and done, a thought provoking contemplation: here’s more from the poetry section reproduced ...

Can we say that surrendering is an absence of fearing since the fearing mirrors desiring and clinging, the clinging making consciousness contracting & stagnating as opposed to just being, free flowing, embracing, imbibing and becoming, divine love enabled, our presence receptive & stable?

—-

Can we say that surrendering is an orientation of pattern breaking, consciousness awakening, preferring choosing to be moving in unfamiliar terrain by unresistingly so trustingly allowing, prioritising and so experiencing unfoldings surprising rather than reinforcing comforting narrow repetitious egoic beats of senility that deplete our be-ability?

—-

Can we say that when we talk about surrendering it may mean egoic traits only partly renouncing or let us disassociating with us having one foot in the boat of singularity and the other in duality, knowing yet hesitating to go the full distance in removing blockages offering resistance and if that be so, we should know that any chain is only as strong as its weakest link, our wilful choice of fleeting fragility inevitably making us sink?

Old 26-02-2019, 09:15 PM
Seeker

Quote:
In my opinion,

So, I ask.

I dont really relate intellectual knowledge to awareness. In my eyes, awareness has no knowledge to it - it it is a sense of knowing, rather than the knowledge of something. I would go so far as to say that percieved knowledge of what is, can get in the way of awareness. And so, I dont believe that spiritual enlightenment is anything but a fleeting glance between one moment and the next.

I can only really explain my understanding od surrender in real life terms - Despite being aware of the path I must take, I would still feel fear and desire, surrender is to take the path of awareness despite those feelings - it is to let the awareness become stronger than me.