Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-07-2013, 07:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touched
Do you think 'Fight Club' is a very spiritual book Vecta?

hi Touched

i didn't know it was book too?

it has some great quoites::

"it's not until you have lost everything that you are free to do anything"

--personally, i'd say that's spiritual. what do you think?---to me it relates to letting go of the past psychological burden so that one can meet life afresh, without the yesterdays--to be in the moment. pretty cool. so it depends...is every word in the film "spiritual? doubtfull i think...but then some go on about everything being "perfect", even the bad...not that i go with that.

i wouldn't deny any book or film etc without listening to every word then i might feel that some of it has "spiritual" merit. to me the writer of "fight club" has definitely read or learnt some spiritual teachings. i never like violence in a film tho and generally avoid...but am begrudgingly willing to let it slide if i consider the general package to be artistic...same with swearing in music, i'd rather not but like to give what i consider as artistic expression, a wide berth so to speak.

but here's a good quote on violence::

Violence is not merely killing another. It is violence when we use a sharp word, when we make a gesture to brush away a person, when we obey because there is fear. So violence isn't merely organized butchery in the name of God, in the name of society or country. Violence is much more subtle, much deeper, and we are inquiring into the very depths of violence.

from here: http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/krishna...=48&chid=56789

so if you see it like that then every film contains violence and so does our lives, every day. yet we are unaware of our violence and cover it up with notions of spiuritual advancement and the like.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 20-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Master
vecta3, its not winning and thinking you a better person than others, its more of a personal win.
Old 20-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Master
hi psychoslice, i didn't feel it was thinking you're better than others, more convincing yourself that you are doing better than you actually are---due to fear or self aggrandizement. you might be totally free (anything less is bondage and hence misery), tho i think not, but that might be my conceipt.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 20-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecta3
hi psychoslice, i didn't feel it was thinking you're better than others, more convincing yourself that you are doing better than you actually are---due to fear or self aggrandizement. you might be totally free (anything less is bondage and hence misery), tho i think not, but that might be my conceipt.
Well in that case, you wouldn't be a true winner, you would be a loser, I'm talking about being a WINNER.
Old 20-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Do you feel you are making headway on your journey? Do you feel like your winning and that you are going to prevail? I do. It has been difficult, and interesting too. But now I feel like I'm slowly spreading my wings. Slowly.

Actually, I do.... I feel that I am exactly where I was meant to be and that I have achieved a certain balance in my life..... I am getting a bit better at focusing on the Now which has a very calming effect....I feel very close to Spirit and know that guidance will come when it is needed....so, I'm good.......
Old 20-07-2013, 08:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Well in that case, you wouldn't be a true winner, you would be a loser, I'm talking about being a WINNER.

you haven't talked about being a winner but merely stated it as a fact and i question that fact is all. i don't get "winner" when i read yours or anyone elses posts, including my own...just the usual petty self interest...with occasional humour and cool bits...but essentially, pain.

Old 20-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Master
Quote:
you haven't talked about being a winner but merely stated it as a fact and i question that fact is all. i don't get "winner" when i read yours or anyone elses posts, including my own...just the usual petty self interest...with occasional humour and cool bits...but essentially, pain.
Na, your no winner that's for sure.
Old 20-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Na, your no winner that's for sure.

tell me summat i don't know

and neither, i think, are you. but imagine it if you like, if it helps? gets you to sleep at night, covers the lonely ache

what constitues "winner"?

Old 20-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Master
Quote:
I feel sorry for you, I think we are all winners in our own way, we shouldn't feel like we are losers, what good can that do. Its best not to project our negativity onto others just because we ourselves feel that way.
Old 20-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Master
Quote:
I feel sorry for you, I think we are all winners in our own way, we shouldn't feel like we are losers, what good can that do. Its best not to project our negativity onto others just because we ourselves feel that way.

ah the old positive/negative rebuke. say fluffy great sounding, back slappers unite stuff or it's your bad perception that's at fault.

it might be the truth, you might actually be loosing and just not aware of it. "all wordlngs are mad" - buddha (apparently). madness is not winning. whilst there is self interest there is conflict, conflict is not "winning".

everyone, including you and me, are imo, caught in the illusion of progresss. that's how i feel it and to point this out is of great importance to me and does not in any way, to me, represent "projecting my negativity" but pointing out yours, and mine, wrong turns. that it doesn't sound fluffy bunnies does not mean it's automatically "negative". i mean look at the world...obviously the few have not transformed themselves or society. if we think we have then it will be another 2000 years and still back slappers being led by their egos.

feeling like a loser is the fact for me and only knowing that, looking at it and understanding it will free me from it. inventing notions of winning to cover it over will not cut the mustard, on the contrary, it would ensure it's continuance and we don't want that do we? so you tell me, should i drop a fact because its unsavoury?