Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 28-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
I have never heard of any Crystals that can be harmed by plain water.

Has anyone else?

All my Crystals love the Rain Water!

I thought the softer ones like Halite and Selenite could dissolve in water if left for too long? Also some might be sensitive to hot water and can fracture?
Old 28-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphyretwins
I thought the softer ones like Halite and Selenite could dissolve in water if left for too long? Also some might be sensitive to hot water and can fracture?

Yes, you are correct! Selenite, Halite, Azurite, Turquoise and Lapis can be damaged if soaked in water, might not happen right away but with time it can be damaging. Use caution with porous and soft/brittle stones. Heat alters the color of some stones and yes some can crack in very hot water.
Old 28-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Sophrosyne

I'm not sure if I can post links yet but will give it a try

This website has some info on cleansing crystals and has a bit about which ones should avoid water http://www.healing-journeys-energy.c...-Crystals.html
Old 29-05-2014, 01:11 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selbor13
Yes, you are correct! Selenite, Halite, Azurite, Turquoise and Lapis can be damaged if soaked in water, might not happen right away but with time it can be damaging. Use caution with porous and soft/brittle stones. Heat alters the color of some stones and yes some can crack in very hot water.

Thanks for sharing that information.

I don't have the first 3--but I have been charging my Turquoise and Lapis Lazuli in Thunderstorms for more than 20 years.

Do you think they haven't been damaged--because I remove and dry and store them as soon as the storm is over?
Old 31-05-2014, 12:51 AM
Knower

Burying them is good. Putting them in water for up to 24 hours with water which has a concentration of up 30% sea salt is also good.
Old 31-05-2014, 01:47 AM
Night Owl

I smudge mine with a sage smudge stick. Available from new age shops and online. You simply fan/blow the smoke over them until you 'feel' they are cleansed. I find it the most effective way to cleanse everything. If I want extra cleansing I then leave them in salt overnight in the full moon light. Salt is of the earth so its the same as burying them. I charge them with full moon light and Reiki. Some crystals also dont like being left in bright direct sun light.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:28 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
Thanks for sharing that information.

I don't have the first 3--but I have been charging my Turquoise and Lapis Lazuli in Thunderstorms for more than 20 years.

Do you think they haven't been damaged--because I remove and dry and store them as soon as the storm is over?

That is very likely the case. I think the damage comes when you leave them submerged in water for long periods of time as they are. Except for Selenite, that one will dissolve fairly fast.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:56 PM
elisi

i know that opal doesn't respond well to being left in water.

i sometimes put my larger ones under running water to cleanse them. but mostly, i smudge them when i smudge the house.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Master
With lapis it's mostly the pyrite that's in it. Pyrite rusts when exposed to water (too long, too often). Maybe your lapis doesn't have that much pyrite in it. Mine doesn't have much, but I don't put it in water anyways.
It will not reduce it's effectiveness whatsoever though, it just won't look so pretty anymore.

There's more crystal that don't fancy water, calcite, celestine don't like it either.
Neither does chrysocolla btw. You can rinse it off, but not too long. I would refrain from doing so. I had a large chrysocolla skull, wasn't sure, put it in water as it needed cleansing. I could hear cracking sounds, so I took it out of the water asap! Also think there can be copper in chrysocolla which could rust? When in doubt, just don't.

And salt isn't really good in water, some crystals can be damaged by that. Just go for water if that's what you want, no nothing in it. Preferably mineral water or boiled water.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:47 PM
nyrak33333

You can clean them in a rain storm. the - ions work wonders for me a lot better than the sun or moon, although I always take advantage of a full moon, I have planted by it for years (old school, grandma taught me). Or one thing I'm going to try is smudging with white sage. smudging has been a method that has been used for a long time, For cleaning negative energy from houses, people, crystals etc...To clean a large amount at one time, I believe it would be the quickest way to go! you dont even really have to move them, maybe pick them up, and them put them down. of course you will need to say a blessing. any thing you chose would due, and you might as well do a walk through of your house, while you at it. I store them in a fancy boxes wrapped in red cloth and then under my bed. recharging them by adding Selenite or Blue Kyanite or Desert Rose crystal in the boxes with intention in mind to recharge all within.