Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Closed Thread

Old 16-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Master
Maybe the anger here stems from the people who ask for deer culling 'just' (?) because they eat flowers. The thread starter isn't clear about the exact situation. People who live next to a forest should not expect any better, but if this is about people who live in cities and larger settlements than surely it should raise questions why deer would go there. A lack of food? And likely a lack of predators to keep them under control.

In my country we have a national park with many grazers but without predators. The grazers eat all until little to nothing is left, if it's a very cold winter they're pretty much walking corpses. But we have political parties here who are pro-animal rights and also refuse to vote for a cull. Local flora, diversity, environmental meat, and walking corpses are not important but the idea of a man killing a deer is just unacceptable to them.
Old 16-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Maybe the anger here stems from the people who ask for deer culling 'just' (?) because they eat flowers. The thread starter isn't clear about the exact situation. People who live next to a forest should not expect any better, but if this is about people who live in cities and larger settlements than surely it should raise questions why deer would go there. A lack of food? And likely a lack of predators to keep them under control.

bottom line ... habitat encroachment. as humans continue to breed like mindless rodents there will be ever decreasing living space for the other earthlings on this small planet. basic physics ... two objects can not occupy the same space at the same time.

since we humans refuse to control our birth rate and our greed for space and resources the only real hope for the nonhuman inhabitants of the earth is a human die back, which, of course, is too horrifying a thought for us egotistical humans to consider.
Old 16-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Administrator
Just imagine the reverse wildlife culling people what a way to get rid of murders thiefs etc, people encroach on fields etc making the place smaller for the animals. what are they supposed to do?,animals dont read keep off signs yet people kill animals for pleasure if it was for food there is no argument,yet because animals are on their own lands that the human race wants what do they do.they want to kill it

Namaste
Old 16-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Just imagine the reverse wildlife culling people what a way to get rid of murders thiefs etc, people encroach on fields etc making the place smaller for the animals. what are they supposed to do?,animals dont read keep off signs yet people kill animals for pleasure if it was for food there is no argument,yet because animals are on their own lands that the human race wants what do they do.they want to kill it

Namaste

So Native Spirit, what about all the American Indians for thousands of years who hunted buffalo, deer, rabbit, pronghorn, elk, moose, turkey, grouse and other such game animals for food ? Should we have been only eating veggies for all of this time ? Imagine what that would of done to the native spirituality you admire. We would not be ourselves otherwise.

What would we be making moccasins out of, cabbage leaf ?
Old 16-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Ascender
So are you going to cull excess humans, too?
Old 16-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Administrator
i have no problem with anyone killing animals for food its when the kill them for the sake of killing i dont think is right.the animals lived freely on the lands that humans decided they wanted for their own, so the animals encroach on peoples gardens eat ther flowers etc,what are they supposed to do, to kill animals for food is one thing killing them because they go into someones garden is not right,

Namaste
Old 16-09-2012, 10:16 PM
sesheta

I agree that if we had allowed Nature to keep itself in balance by maintaining the natural predators, there would not usually be a need to "cull" anything.
It is human interference that is normally the root cause of the problems. At one point they removed all the wolves from Yellowstone Park, and yes, everything went out of balance. The wolves were re-introduced and...shock...nature re-balanced itself!
As for animals getting into people's gardens, etc...I had a great solution for that in my first home. I had a large amount of flowers, plants, etc in my backyard...and also a large number of squirrels! I fed the squirrels some nuts every day and - low and behold! - they never once dug up or destroyed my garden! I actually got to the point of having them trained - I could go outside and "call" them (mimic one of the noises a squirrel makes), rattle the nuts around in my hand...and they would all come scurrying They would also sit on my fence and watch me through my kitchen window, knowing that I would go out and feed them.....it was the cutest thing !!
Buying a bag of mixed nuts once a week or so was much less expensive that constantly replacing plants.....simple solution...
Old 16-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
I agree that if we had allowed Nature to keep itself in balance by maintaining the natural predators, there would not usually be a need to "cull" anything.
It is human interference that is normally the root cause of the problems. At one point they removed all the wolves from Yellowstone Park, and yes, everything went out of balance. The wolves were re-introduced and...shock...nature re-balanced itself!
As for animals getting into people's gardens, etc...I had a great solution for that in my first home. I had a large amount of flowers, plants, etc in my backyard...and also a large number of squirrels! I fed the squirrels some nuts every day and - low and behold! - they never once dug up or destroyed my garden! I actually got to the point of having them trained - I could go outside and "call" them (mimic one of the noises a squirrel makes), rattle the nuts around in my hand...and they would all come scurrying They would also sit on my fence and watch me through my kitchen window, knowing that I would go out and feed them.....it was the cutest thing !!
Buying a bag of mixed nuts once a week or so was much less expensive that constantly replacing plants.....simple solution...

Marvellous! A valuable lesson for everyone. You overcame a problem, not with violence but with kindness, and in the process honoured your soul, made some wonderful friends and found peace with nature.

And a very wise point to open with. Left to its own devices, Nature will find its mark.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 16-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Master

Life is progressive. As we climb ever higher through the spheres of Light we come more and more to understand about Love and the unity of life, and we recognise that we must turn away from killing and bloodshed, violence and intolerance.
'Let there be peace on earth - and let it begin with me.'

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 16-09-2012, 11:10 PM
sesheta

To knightofalbion

Thank you :)
I have always been a huge animal lover. Another case in point:

The house I moved out of last year was out in the country...there were all kinds of critters out there all the time. It was on a gravel road - not much traffic. However, one night around dinner time I looked out the kitchen window and saw one of the groundhogs that lived on our property crossing the road. In the time it took me to walk from the kitchen to the dining room - it had been hit by a passing vehicle. I rushed outside to check on it...it did not seem to be breathing, but it also did not seem very injured - no open wounds..the only evidence was one small drop of blood in one corner of its mouth. So I carefully scooped it up in my arms and carried it, like a baby, to the hill on our property where I knew its hole was...I laid it down gently under a tree by the hole, and went back inside....(people at work were almost disgusted that I even touched it with my bare hands..sigh...)
The next day, I went out to check, and the groundhog was no longer there. So I like to think it was merely "knocked out" by being struck, and simply needed time to regain consciousness...
I was also shocked by how soft its fur was...I had assumed that, since they spend a lot of their time underground, their fur would be wiry..but it was very soft!
Closed Thread