Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 16-05-2024, 10:37 AM
Thank you all for your input!

I have seen people in real life and in movies...have a parental, saintly, angelic face of love towards a 'bad' person.
This is good for me to talk about.
We all know what we focus on , where our
attention goes directs so much inside us..effecting our health, attitudes, what we manifest, etc.
I don't think I need to give examples.

I am acutely aware that I do not feel any sort of saintly love for people's
actions, not even towards me ...but, say in general.
The distorted way some people I know think and talk ...mocking others, hurting others, turning their back
on the real need of others - I don't overlook.

I believe that God, the angels, the saints love these 'awful' people like a Mother loves their kids through ALL the bad or stupid things they do.
They are forgiven their 'missteps".
I, on the other hand, tho I can can ACT polite and nice, I have a sliding garage door that is pulled down
around my heart to them. The Christmas cards have stopped!

I don't feel compassion and patient understanding as if they were my kids.
My point is: That I want to feel the above.
(Instead, I want to get them out of my vicinity...let them work out their lives away from ME...God bless 'em.)

I believe that is my soul's goal.
You might not have that as a desire...we all have our own things we're working on...like -
Inner strength, Self-esteem, Fearlessness, Trust, Faith.

Again, this is good for me to talk about and stop avoiding this 'lack' in me...bee-boppin' along with my happy life.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-05-2024, 11:06 AM
Master

Hey miss H,

That is a very brave goal. I admire your strength in such a choice of intention..
I, too, find it hard often. To chose love.. its a certain level of evolution..

Kind regards,
CW
Old 16-05-2024, 11:27 AM
Administrator
Love i was told many moons ago was a universal Language it is within us all

Namaste
Old 16-05-2024, 11:30 AM
Hi Cosmic,

I personally don't see it as strength or brave.
I guess I just see it as something I must DO.
Like a next step is clearly being presented to me...
I can't stay in the kiddie pool forever, right?
I mean - I'm being presented with people that are terrible or do terrible things....yet, they have been in my life for decades.

(And Baile, not just that 1 thing I talked to you about.)

I gotta learn to open my heart to even them! I don't think a soul can progress very much loving God and a million people,
" But not these 10 people!"...LOL!

You see my predicament? Each time I write here...I see how ridiculous I AM!

I gotta reflect God's love and stop this personal nonsense!
I gotta put on my Big Girl pants and sit and meditate WAY more.
What a whiner I can be.
My Spirit Guide knows this and rolls her eyes at me, btw...she is more like a Sargent, not what you might call 'angelic'.

Hi Native - what you weren't told is that that love inside has had a lot of dirty laundry thrown on it.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-05-2024, 11:32 AM
Master
In my view love, the higher octaves of love and removal of ignorance go hand in hand. For example, we shift from separateness to interconnectedness to oneness and correspondent to this shift, our self-centredness transitions to an acceptance, an understanding as in empathy to compassion.

At the level of compassion, we feel no sense of injury since we see that those who have wronged us, knew no better and so could do no better. So we accept. The need to forgive is obviated since we feel no injury, betrayal or whatever.

As our orientation becomes meditational, thoughts slow down, we become nonchalant to outcomes, our attention is internalised. We then recognise that God is breathing all forms and that the light of Self that is in us is also in all. So love automatically blossoms, we become more gentle, mindful, kind. There are no battles we need to win anymore.

The key, as I see it, is to shift to the heart and rest there in silence. If we are empty, then divine magnetism fills us, energising us with bliss in permanence, by day and by night, irrespective of the external. Slowly, as we become the flame, so to speak, nothing remains to be done.
Old 16-05-2024, 11:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
To chose love.. its a certain level of evolution.
True, it has everything to do with soul evolution and the raising of one's consciousness. And at that point it's no longer about choice. The raised awareness and evolved consciousness becomes the inner commitment and intention, which in turn guides the outward expression and action.
Old 16-05-2024, 11:45 AM
I'm gonna pm you Unseeking a bit later. I'm uncovering some things due to me finally talking about this.
Forgiveness, that word was bound to pop up here! I am not applying ACIM.
I'm so resistant, rebellious. What a brat my ego is!

Old 16-05-2024, 11:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
The key, as I see it, is to shift to the heart and rest there in silence. If we are empty, then divine magnetism fills us, energising us with bliss in permanence
This is the key, yes, and so beautifully described. Noisy analytical thoughts -- judging, critiquing, maintaining unloving beliefs and views -- are anathema to the practice of resting in silence to allow the divine into the heart.
Old 16-05-2024, 02:17 PM
Pathfinder

Going through the replies, it's clear that each person has a valid perspective. To me, love is both an emotion and a choice. Yet, if the initial spark that ignites passion in a relationship (be it romantic or not) is absent, it's preferable to avoid forcing it. I'm fond of a Jewish proverb that captures this sentiment well: 'You cannot compel someone to love you or to lend you money.' ;)
Old 16-05-2024, 03:05 PM
Master

Baile #post 8..
Yes, it's very very true that there really ARE multiple answers to this question , as you say, depending on circumstances and perspective .
Talking about love it can cover so many types of love. Love of people in general , love of ones self, children, parents , siblings , relationships , God, Animals .
It a massive spectrum .
Closed Thread