Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-07-2012, 03:28 AM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
You do take a scenic route, S-.

No, my friend, I walk the straight and narrow path that leads to God. Unlike others, I know that my indwelling spirit is not perfected as yet, but by the lessons we learn in our ascent to the ends of the heavens, He, to whom I am an obedient servant and an extension of, will be born unto his Father, a perfect child, who will justify the great androgynous mother body in which He developed.

1st Timothy 2: 15; For the woman is saved by the child that she bears to her Lord.

Psalms 51: 5; "I was shapen in iniquity and in sin did my mother conceive me."
Old 07-07-2012, 03:39 AM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyfloss28
I belive Jesus died for my sin's and rose again, am I saved or do I have to say a prayer?

I hear you asking outside sources for the correct protocol. Jesus simply re-calibrated to show us what we can all do to ascend. As God is within you and not a separate entity outside of yourself, look inward instead and listen to your own answers. If you want to view Jesus saving us from ourselves, think of it in this way instead. Hopefully you won't feel shame of sin anymore. I don't expect you to listen to my words or like my point of view as it threatens your core beliefs, but in my mind the traditional Christian belief system is full of flaws in its logic. I just wanted to share.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Zem

Quote:
I belive Jesus died for my sin's and rose again, am I saved or do I have to say a prayer?

A lot of people want some kind of assurance that they are saved. So they use ritual prayers like the sinner's prayer to convince themselves that they are "saved". Once the prayer is said...done! But this is not supported by scripture, and when you think about it, it sounds like people are trying to use some sort of magic trick. The Bible tells us to "work out our salvation with fear and trembling". So don't go looking for people who will tell you you're getting into heaven (guaranteed). Just ask God what he wants you to do, and get busy.

By "saved" I assume you're referring to eternal life. In Luke 10, a teacher of the law asks Jesus how he can receive eternal life. He told a story about a man who was beaten up by robbers and left for dead. A couple of priests passed him by, but another guy decided to help the man. This man was the example Jesus was using to tell us what we must do to be saved. We have to show love to others. You don't have to say any kind of ritual prayer. Just get busy showing God's love to people, and ask God what He wants you to do.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Master
Misquoting

zem:
Quote:

A lot of people want some kind of assurance that they are saved. So they use ritual prayers like the sinner's prayer to convince themselves that they are "saved". Once the prayer is said...done! But this is not supported by scripture, and when you think about it, it sounds like people are trying to use some sort of magic trick. The Bible tells us to "work out our salvation with fear and trembling". So don't go looking for people who will tell you you're getting into heaven (guaranteed). Just ask God what he wants you to do, and get busy.

By "saved" I assume you're referring to eternal life. In Luke 10, a teacher of the law asks Jesus how he can receive eternal life. He told a story about a man who was beaten up by robbers and left for dead. A couple of priests passed him by, but another guy decided to help the man. This man was the example Jesus was using to tell us what we must do to be saved. We have to show love to others. You don't have to say any kind of ritual prayer. Just get busy showing God's love to people, and ask God what He wants you to do

There is some misquoting, and some out of context citation here.

Regarding the story of the Good Samaritan, it was in response the the question of:
..."who is my neighbor?" Not...
"How do I attain eternal life".

"25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law?
how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind;
and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?"
http://kingjbible.com/luke/10.htm

Regarding Paul's statement about working out our salvation with fear and tembling", this isn't in reference to a lack of assurance of savation.
Saved means, "rescued", as by another.
Grace means, "unmerited favor".

The statement should be understood as,
"Now that you are saved"... to, "...work out your salvation with fear and trembling."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 09-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Zem

Quote:
The statement should be understood as,
"Now that you are saved"... to, "...work out your salvation with fear and trembling."

If we are 100% sure, then what do we have to work out?
Old 10-07-2012, 02:40 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Baker
... but purely spiritual . The change must occur in the spirit.

We are meant to love God with our whole being...

Excellent.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-07-2012, 03:02 AM
Sybilline

Hallo Candyfloss!

Personally I think the end is assured. There is no "need" to do anything :))
Old 10-07-2012, 06:29 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyfloss28

Something does not seem quite well put. The way you said it, He died 2,000 years ago and paid for the sins of the people 2,000 years later? ... Now, man could commit sins knowing that Jesus paid for them 2,000 years ago? Does not make sense to me. IMO, He paid for the sins of the people up to His crucifixion. You commit a sin today, somebody has to pay for it, and it is very, very likely it will be you.

Now my answer to your question.
Everyone who does the Will of God will be saved. Everyone who thinks, feels, and acts like Jesus will be saved.
*Love is a Divine condition.*
Love Wisdom Truth - Video
The Good Prayer - Video
Old 10-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Wisdom Truth
Something does not seem quite well put. The way you said it, He died 2,000 years ago and paid for the sins of the people 2,000 years later? ... Now, man could commit sins knowing that Jesus paid for them 2,000 years ago? Does not make sense to me. IMO, He paid for the sins of the people up to His crucifixion. You commit a sin today, somebody has to pay for it, and it is very, very likely it will be you.
If we can pay for our own sins then why did Jesus have to die at all? Couldn't the people who lived before him have paid for their own sins?

God isn't inside time like we are. When Jesus died he already knew every sin that would ever be committed so Jesus was able to pay for all of them.
Quote:
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.
(Romans 8:29-30 ESV)
Quote:
Now my answer to your question.
Everyone who does the Will of God will be saved. Everyone who thinks, feels, and acts like Jesus will be saved.
Anyone who does God's will to this extent doesn't need to be saved in the first place. All of have sinned by failing to live up to God's standards. That is why Jesus had to die so we could be saved.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Occultist

If you read the bible and talmut and understand the laws of God you will know believing in Jesus is simply not enough. If you believe there is a Devil then do you believe the Devil believes in a Jesus? Its the blood offering of Jesus that his blood cleansed you and made you whole.

Ephesians 2:13
But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Intresting link that might help some understand there Christian belief is http://www.biblelineministries.org/articles/basearch.php3?action=full&mainkey=FACTS+ABOUT+THE+ PRECIOUS+BLOOD+OF+CHRIST

FACTS ABOUT THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF CHRIST

1. The Blood of Christ provides a suitable covering for man's sin, guilt and shame. Genesis 3:21.

2. The Blood of Christ makes the one who offers it both acceptable to and accepted by God. Genesis 4:1-6.

3. Through the offering of the Blood of Christ, (we believers) have safety from the coming Judgment. Exodus 12:13.

4. The Blood of Christ was shed for the remission of our sins. Matthew 26:28; Ephesians 1:7.

5. Through the Blood of Christ, we have cleansing from sin. Revelation 1:5; 7:14.

6. Through the Blood of Christ we have redemption; this is, we are bought back out of the slave market. Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:14; I Peter 1:18-19.

7. Through the Blood of Christ we have peace with God. Colossians 1:20; Ephesians 2:14.

8. Through the Blood of Christ we who are "afar off" are "made nigh". Ephesians 2:13

9. Through the Blood of Christ, the guilt and condemnation we incurred, through the breaking of God's laws, is "blotted out". Colossians 2:13.

10. The Blood of Christ, called the Blood of God, bought us for God and Christ, and made us His own peculiar possession. Acts 20:28; I Corinthians 6:19; and I Peter 2:9-10.

11. The Blood of Christ purges our conscience so that our service to the Living God might be acceptable. Hebrews 9:14.

12. The Blood of Christ gives us an exalted standing, and makes us "kings and priests unto God". Rev. 1:5-6; 5:9-10.

13. Through the Blood of Christ we are justified before God. Romans 5:9.

14. Through the Blood of Christ we are sanctified. I Corinthians 6:11; Hebrews 10:14; 13:12.

15. Through the Blood of Christ we have eternal security and the assurance of salvation. Hebrews 10:10-14; 13:20; 9:12.

16. Through the Blood of Christ we are made "one" with all others believers-both Jews and Gentiles-in the new body of Christ. Ephesians 2:13-14.

17. Through the Blood of Christ we are reconciled-made right or righteous with God. II Corinthians 17-21.

18. Through the Blood of Christ we can enter into "the Holy of Holies", that is, into God's presence in heaven. Hebrews 10:19-22.

19. Through the Blood of Christ we have fellowship with God, and with His Son Jesus Christ, and with other believers. I John 1:7; 1:1-3.

20. Through the Blood of Christ He purchased for us "an eternal inheritance". Hebrews 9:14-15.

21. Through the Blood of Christ we have overcome the Devil. Revelation 12:11.

The word "blood" occurs 447 times in 357 verses in the Bible. The "Blood" (when it refers either directly or symbolically to the blood of Christ) is the very heart and core of the Bible, the true foundation of the Christian faith. Any departure from the Biblical message on the "Blood of Christ" is heresy or apostasy. It is plain that the message of the "Blood of Christ" is of basic importance in the Bible. If you would take the blood out of a human body, you would have nothing left but a lump of clay. If you take the blood out of the Bible, you have Bible that has no life-giving properties. It is a dead book rather than the "living book" that it claims to be. See Hebrews 4:12.

So for Christians its not believing in a Jesus its believing in the Blood that was shed for your sins.